Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another game where we are almost competitive 16:57 - Apr 22 with 3560 viewsFrimleyBlue

I actually don't think it will take too much in the summer for Lambert to be able to put together a competitive squad.

Apart from last week and yes I appreciate also only three wins.... We haven't been thrashed. We've had a fair share of 1-1s. It's fine lines between us being just completely sht and just not quite having enough fire power. I think we will be alright you know.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Another game where we are almost competitive on 16:59 - Apr 22 with 3521 viewsBlueBadger

Top half you reckon?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Another game where we are almost competitive on 17:02 - Apr 22 with 3473 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I hope you are right.

My fear is we lack fight.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Another game where we are almost competitive on 17:03 - Apr 22 with 3467 viewsIllinoisblue

Another game where we are almost competitive on 17:02 - Apr 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

I hope you are right.

My fear is we lack fight.

it's a lack of quality in EVERY area of the squad that's the problem.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Another game where we are almost competitive on 17:04 - Apr 22 with 3441 viewsFrimleyBlue

Another game where we are almost competitive on 16:59 - Apr 22 by BlueBadger

Top half you reckon?

Yeah I don't think first season we will finish in promotion places. But I think 2nd season we will.

With the likes of Lankester. Woolfenden etc plus potentially keeping Keane I think we have the beginning of a great squad but one that'll take a few years to bloom.

Waka waka eh eh

Another game where we are almost competitive on 17:05 - Apr 22 with 3439 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Another game where we are almost competitive on 17:03 - Apr 22 by Illinoisblue

We lack championship quality yes. Painfully so.

Fortunately for next season, we have proven League 1 performers.

Hopefully a good pre season and a few additions will see us be competitive next season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Another game where we are almost competitive on 17:05 - Apr 22 with 3430 viewsDubtractor

I'm amazed that people still seem blind to this point.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Another game where we are almost competitive on 17:06 - Apr 22 with 3413 viewsFrimleyBlue

You don't always need quality in each position. If you have a solid spine but that extra quality in key positions like uptop you can get away with 'solid yet unspectacular players in other positions.

Waka waka eh eh

Another game where we are almost competitive on 17:17 - Apr 22 with 3321 viewsfergalsharkey

Almost competitive......

Imagine that on your grave stone.

What a f kin shambles.

Poll: Cook out?

Login to get fewer ads

Another game where we are almost competitive on 17:31 - Apr 22 with 3242 viewsSarge

Another game where we are almost competitive on 17:06 - Apr 22 by FrimleyBlue

You don't always need quality in each position. If you have a solid spine but that extra quality in key positions like uptop you can get away with 'solid yet unspectacular players in other positions.

Well we don’t appear to have those either
Another game where we are almost competitive on 18:03 - Apr 22 with 3138 viewsFrimleyBlue

Another game where we are almost competitive on 17:31 - Apr 22 by Sarge

Well we don’t appear to have those either

If we did we wouldnt be bottom. Not sure you've understood my OP

Waka waka eh eh

Another game where we are almost competitive on 18:05 - Apr 22 with 3116 viewsSarge

Another game where we are almost competitive on 18:03 - Apr 22 by FrimleyBlue

If we did we wouldnt be bottom. Not sure you've understood my OP

You’re saying we don’t need quality in every position if you have solid players elsewhere. We don’t, so we need quality everywhere next season.
Another game where we are almost competitive on 18:06 - Apr 22 with 3102 viewsMrTown

Almost competitive, that’s the pinnacle of our ambitions now.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Another game where we are almost competitive on 18:10 - Apr 22 with 3074 viewsthebooks

Swansea won that at a canter. Seen around 15 games like that at PR this season, with the opposition having to do very little to win. Miles from being competitive,
Another game where we are almost competitive on 18:11 - Apr 22 with 3065 viewsFrimleyBlue

Another game where we are almost competitive on 18:05 - Apr 22 by Sarge

You’re saying we don’t need quality in every position if you have solid players elsewhere. We don’t, so we need quality everywhere next season.

We actually do. The problem is the extra quality in key positions we don't have.

We have solid keepers for league 1
We have a solid CMs in judge. Nolan. Bishop.
We have for league 1 a solid CB in chambers and possibly Woolfenden

If we keep Keane we have a bit of solidness uptop

For me. Fullbacks. Winger and striker. 4 key areas we need to address.

Of course that's just my opinion.

Waka waka eh eh

Another game where we are almost competitive on 18:14 - Apr 22 with 3056 viewsFrimleyBlue

Another game where we are almost competitive on 18:10 - Apr 22 by thebooks

Swansea won that at a canter. Seen around 15 games like that at PR this season, with the opposition having to do very little to win. Miles from being competitive,

At a canter.

We hit the post and had a fair few chances ourselves.

Result was 0-1. Far from being outplayed.

Waka waka eh eh

Another game where we are almost competitive on 18:17 - Apr 22 with 3038 viewsthebooks

Another game where we are almost competitive on 18:11 - Apr 22 by FrimleyBlue

We actually do. The problem is the extra quality in key positions we don't have.

Truth it, it's hard to say who'll do well based on this season. I honestly don't know how bad League 1 is compared to the Championship. It could be it's so much worse even this lot would do well.

What we can say is that we're not showing *anything* positive at the moment, or for the last few weeks. For me, that's a worry.
Another game where we are almost competitive on 18:29 - Apr 22 with 3007 viewssoclopath

Frimley Blue :- yet another victim of Lamberts propaganda mchine.
Another game where we are almost competitive on 18:44 - Apr 22 with 2980 viewsxrayspecs

Another game where we are almost competitive on 18:11 - Apr 22 by FrimleyBlue

Keepers and three central midfielders granted.

Not sure how Chambers will fare in League 1, there will be a lot of route one football played and I am not sure that is his strength. Woolfenden is improving in L2 but is he ready to step up? Emmanuel could not hold down a regular place in L1 this season and Kenlock is a bit hit and miss.

Keane will have better financial offers than us and he is hardly prolific.

Judge and Edwards will be good at this level.

I would add in Downes too.

That is about half a first team in L1, so we need about six or seven regular starters with the youths and the likes of Harrison, Nsiala, Donancien, Jackson as cover in first instance.
Another game where we are almost competitive on 18:51 - Apr 22 with 2950 viewsBlueBadger

Another game where we are almost competitive on 18:14 - Apr 22 by FrimleyBlue

At a canter.

Ah, an Improved Performance.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Another game where we are almost competitive on 20:56 - Apr 22 with 2826 views3_5_2

Another game where we are almost competitive on 18:10 - Apr 22 by thebooks

agree

most teams appear bigger, stronger and we rarely can cope physically

this a worry given that League 1 will be the same, on some poor pitches and crap grounds

we will need more players who can compete every week to give us a platform for any quality we may have

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Another game where we are almost competitive on 21:51 - Apr 22 with 2729 viewsActionMan

Another game where we are almost competitive on 17:05 - Apr 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

We lack championship quality yes. Painfully so.

Fortunately for next season, we have proven League 1 performers.

Hopefully a good pre season and a few additions will see us be competitive next season.

Evans and O'Neil competitive or real world competitive? Because I think you may be slightly over rating a few of our "League One performers". Have any of them ever played for a side that got out of that division?

See for me the bigger concern is the losing mentality. These lads are not natural winners and the manager has failed to instill a winning mentality into them and thats half of everything in football. Given the noises being made from Evans and O'Neil about us being competitive all season despite the fact we have been bottom all season due to that minor problem of not being able to score or defend all season and the hype surrounding untested and unproven youngsters could be another toxic mix here because I cannot see Evans spending much without player sales coming in, and who aside from Bart would really attract a fee?
Another game where we are almost competitive on 00:35 - Apr 23 with 2583 viewsSwansea_Blue

Another game where we are almost competitive on 18:14 - Apr 22 by FrimleyBlue

At a canter.

They barely got out of first gear. But I agree with your OP. Throw an in form Murphy and a Lawrence in there and we’d have picked up quite a few more points this season. Our best players have gone. We’re expecting previous squad fillers to be our best players and we’ve replaced them with poorer players yet. I’m just hanging on to the fact that we have several proven L1 players.

I’m far from convinced Lambert is the right man for the job and convinced ME isn’t. But tbh I’m finding it hard to predict how we’ll get on next season. I think the core is there, but if we don’t address the goals issue a few people who are confident we’ll bounce back easily may be in for a nasty surprise. We’ll see.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 0:37]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024