Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert out 17:53 - Apr 22 with 4954 viewsnifty2000

Why does he persist with a 4-3-3 when we clearly don’t have the personnel for it.

No shock his post match comments are more focused on the fans rather than our performance...

Really can’t see any improvement in the near future

Poll: Who is the real proper bloke?

Lambert out on 20:46 - Apr 22 with 1185 viewsSonOfSpock

I've never really liked 1 up front,particularly at this level and at league 1. The likes of the Premier league will have personnel with the pace and skill to be able to support the front man.

Our problem is time and again the striker is isolated with nobody front CM pushing on to help.

Given our main fulcrum next season should be Judge, and my liking of 2 strikers I'd go for 4 3 1 2,but that assumes the fullbacks push on and deliver crosses.
Lambert out on 20:49 - Apr 22 with 1183 viewsTrequartista

Why are we judging him on his abysmal results? He's a blue and hates Norwich for goodness sake.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Lambert out on 20:57 - Apr 22 with 1164 viewsGeoffSentence

Lambert out on 20:29 - Apr 22 by Swansea_Blue

We lost today to a team playing a midget up top on his own in the first half. People make too much over this. It’s not rigid. On several ocassions we had several men in and around the box. The trouble is they’re not good enough and they don’t work well enough together. It’s that simple. Doesn’t matter whether it’s 442, 442diamond, 433, 451, 352, whatever. If players lose individual battles, make the wrong decisions or can’t execute what they were aiming to do, you’re likely to lose.

I disagree with this

"On several ocassions we had several men in and around the box".

Even one man in the box was rare, and before the switch to 2 up top more than one was almost non-exsitent in open play. The only times that we got players in the box as from all too rare set pieces.

Swansea, by contrast, were constantly getting players into the box to support the front man. For their goal, for instance, they had 4 men in the box ready to pick up the loose ball.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Lambert out on 00:51 - Apr 23 with 1089 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lambert out on 20:57 - Apr 22 by GeoffSentence

I disagree with this

"On several ocassions we had several men in and around the box".

Even one man in the box was rare, and before the switch to 2 up top more than one was almost non-exsitent in open play. The only times that we got players in the box as from all too rare set pieces.

Swansea, by contrast, were constantly getting players into the box to support the front man. For their goal, for instance, they had 4 men in the box ready to pick up the loose ball.

You might be right - I may have been counting corners in that! Although Swansea being able to do it kind of proves the point that it’s not the notional formation but how it’s used that’s more important. It’s certainly possible to play with a lone striker and yet get support around him at key times, either from wingers and/or midfield runners. The lone striker isn’t necessarily the issue it’s often made out to be imo. Rather it’s how that system is implemented.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lambert out on 01:04 - Apr 23 with 1080 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

Don't really have an issue with a lone attacker today, whatever formation he deployed the game and result were academic. It's during those games (normal season time) when all was to play for, (that) the manager would have one forward and lessen any attacking potential. Ideally I'd have two or three up front near each and every time, but then we've sold our best strikers and the replacements brought in i.e. Keane, Jackson, Quaner, Lankester et cetera, either haven't featured enough / been on the inactive roster, or simply have been sub-standard and inefficient purchases.

No sense in berating Lambert's ass this visit. Spoke out and elaborated on enough times just recent concerning the management but at this stage of the season you got to ask yourself of what use is it / going to achieve.
Lambert out on 06:56 - Apr 23 with 1021 viewsChurchman

I don’t think Guardiola, Bobby Robson or god himself could do anything here. The problem is with the way the club is managed and structured, it’s owners basic disinterest and an ingrained acceptance of inferiority. Zero ambition, despite ‘plans’. Lambert? I’ve no idea how good or bad he is but there is no sense in changing him until the club itself changes.
Lambert out on 08:06 - Apr 23 with 986 viewsBluefish

Lambert out on 19:41 - Apr 22 by Bluefish

You need substance about a man needing wins to staybuo that lined up with 1 up top every week? Or a man that continues to play one up top that cant head or hold a ball up? Or a man that signed 2 full backs in a desperate January window when we already had 4 full backs? Or a man that signed Dawkins, quaner, elder etc.?

Let's just look at today we are crying out for 2 up top but yet again we start with just Keane. Keane is a forward that drops deep and often drifts wide, over and over again it means that we end up with balls being crossed into an empty box. He then changes to being 2 forwards on together but doesn't change the formation to suit so one just get shunted out wide despite not being able to play that role. Both of those sent on were strikers that play a role of running after flick on or through balls, neither are able to win a flick on though so it is pointless having them both on together.

Jackson can play with Keane or Harrison
Quaner can play with Keane or Harrison
Harrison can play with any of them

We also started the game with 3 centre midfielders all occupying the same 5 yard square meaning we had absolutely no width or support for the striker

We have judge who is a good central player but nullified when wide

The lists go on and on

Something blue I am still waiting for you to come back and sneer some more and point out how I am incorrect.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lambert out on 19:23 - Apr 23 with 923 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lambert out on 06:56 - Apr 23 by Churchman

I don’t think Guardiola, Bobby Robson or god himself could do anything here. The problem is with the way the club is managed and structured, it’s owners basic disinterest and an ingrained acceptance of inferiority. Zero ambition, despite ‘plans’. Lambert? I’ve no idea how good or bad he is but there is no sense in changing him until the club itself changes.

That certainly a major part of it. Mick showed someone new coming in can make a difference, but he certainly had better players to work with. But yep, ultimately the issue is at the top and our leadership and direction (lack of).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert out on 19:38 - Apr 23 with 912 viewsreusersfreekicks

Lambert out on 08:06 - Apr 23 by Bluefish

Something blue I am still waiting for you to come back and sneer some more and point out how I am incorrect.

Chasing a response on a forum! Now that is tragic....
Lambert out on 20:44 - Apr 23 with 882 viewsBluefish

Lambert out on 19:38 - Apr 23 by reusersfreekicks

Chasing a response on a forum! Now that is tragic....

Just bored of some trying to put others down but running away when it comes to debating real football. He asked for tactics I gave them, was always absolutely guaranteed that he would then disappear

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024