Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool or City or don't care? 18:18 - Apr 22 with 14177 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I want Liverpool to win nothing again because I don't really like Scousers and it would be funny.
Liverpool or City or don't care? on 20:30 - Apr 22 with 3856 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 18:51 - Apr 22 by Illinoisblue

don't get all the hate for Liverpool. Exciting to watch, proper fan base, likable manager. As it is, they'll likely end up trophyless; 1 defeat in the league all year and it still probably won't be enough.

Well said

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 20:40 - Apr 22 with 3828 viewsnorth_stand77

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 20:16 - Apr 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I have good news for you - I don’t think Mourinho will be winning it either...

Really?? I had no idea
Liverpool or City or don't care? on 20:48 - Apr 22 with 3818 viewsLord_Lucan

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 20:19 - Apr 22 by Illinoisblue

blimey

Regular stuff Illy.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 06:52 - Apr 23 with 3740 viewsballycastle

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 20:09 - Apr 22 by noggin

And picking the pockets of the dead?

I don't know if picking the pockets of the dead happened, on the balance of probabilities I would say not, I do know for a fact that the arsehole traits I previously mentioned certainly did.
Oh and I will add that the current Liverpool supporters throw fireworks into away supporters areas injuring 9 year old children.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/police-investigate-after-
Liverpool or City or don't care? on 06:59 - Apr 23 with 3724 viewsBenters2

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 18:51 - Apr 22 by Illinoisblue

don't get all the hate for Liverpool. Exciting to watch, proper fan base, likable manager. As it is, they'll likely end up trophyless; 1 defeat in the league all year and it still probably won't be enough.

Becuase i see them as scum is my excuse.
Liverpool or City or don't care? on 07:05 - Apr 23 with 3718 viewsBenters2

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 06:52 - Apr 23 by ballycastle

I don't know if picking the pockets of the dead happened, on the balance of probabilities I would say not, I do know for a fact that the arsehole traits I previously mentioned certainly did.
Oh and I will add that the current Liverpool supporters throw fireworks into away supporters areas injuring 9 year old children.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/police-investigate-after-

Its not good to show any hatred of Liverpool on here.

We just brush aside any wrong doings they did in Europe.
Liverpool or City or don't care? on 07:34 - Apr 23 with 3693 viewsjas0999

Liverpool.
Liverpool or City or don't care? on 07:59 - Apr 23 with 3667 viewsunstableblue

Liverpool all the way. And Spurs for the Champions league.

With the depressing nature of our season, Ive watched a lot more Premier League. And it’s been a great season and title chase.

I quite like scousers, and the reds support is in gereral fantastic

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 09:05 - Apr 23 with 3623 viewsBinner

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 19:07 - Apr 22 by Superblue95

Agree about the football and I don’t mind Klopp much.

I just don’t like their self entitled, whiney, scummy fans and a lot of the tosser players they’ve had over the years and as stated by some above the longer they go without winning a title the funnier it becomes (It’s like watching Derby bottle promotion every year).

Liverpool spend stupid money too and I suspect they aren’t much better than Man City from that viewpoint.

...and it was because of Liverpool supporters that English clubs were banned from European competition.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 11:27 - Apr 23 with 3577 viewsjontysnut

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 20:30 - Apr 22 by The_Romford_Blue

Well said

I would have preferred City but a supporting friend has reminded me of the 'You are the weakest link - goodbye' banner from when we sent them down. So I'm wavering..
Liverpool or City or don't care? on 12:25 - Apr 23 with 3558 viewsLKW15

I didn't really mind either way until i read the last section of this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47686709

now i am desperate for city to win it
Liverpool or City or don't care? on 12:26 - Apr 23 with 3557 viewsReuser_is_God

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 20:26 - Apr 22 by judespiveyg

Liverpool, I don't have any problem with them as a team as their fans haven't done anything bad in my lifetime and wasn't there to witness their domination of the 80s. Steven Gerrard is my favourite ever non-Ipswich player and I wanted them to win in 2014. As much as I love Guardiola's football I'd like to see a different champion, especially as City have won the League Cup and look certain to win the FA cup.

Exactly this.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 12:28 - Apr 23 with 3551 viewsKieran_Knows

City.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 12:57 - Apr 23 with 3514 viewsBrixtonBlue

Liverpool, by a mile.

Given what money has done to us (or hasn't), it's astonishing so many on here are plumping for moneybags City. I know Liverpool have spent a fare whack too, but not at City's levels over the years, using it to haul themselves up from League 1 to where they are now, cherrypicking the best players in the world.

Liverpool have been in the top flight all the time City were buying their way there.

Liverpool play some breathtaking attacking football at times. It would also be nice to see someone new win it.

Regarding supporters - all clubs have their d!ckheads. And moaning about Europe all these years later's pathetic IMO. It's 2019.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 13:06 - Apr 23 with 3502 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 12:57 - Apr 23 by BrixtonBlue

Liverpool, by a mile.

Given what money has done to us (or hasn't), it's astonishing so many on here are plumping for moneybags City. I know Liverpool have spent a fare whack too, but not at City's levels over the years, using it to haul themselves up from League 1 to where they are now, cherrypicking the best players in the world.

Liverpool have been in the top flight all the time City were buying their way there.

Liverpool play some breathtaking attacking football at times. It would also be nice to see someone new win it.

Regarding supporters - all clubs have their d!ckheads. And moaning about Europe all these years later's pathetic IMO. It's 2019.

Man City didn’t use money to haul themselves up from League One, they were 10 years removed from that when the Abu Dhabi Group took over

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 13:18 - Apr 23 with 3483 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I know quite a few Liverpool fans and no Man City ones, so Man City all day for me

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 13:19 - Apr 23 with 3479 viewsBrixtonBlue

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 13:06 - Apr 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Man City didn’t use money to haul themselves up from League One, they were 10 years removed from that when the Abu Dhabi Group took over

To be honest I can't quite remember, but they always seemed to be spending to move up a level. Obviously it shot up massively more since Abu Dhabi took over.

Man City's current squad is the most expensive ever created, costing £702m.

Liverpool aren't even in the top 4 spending-wise.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-trans

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 13:33 - Apr 23 with 3452 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 13:19 - Apr 23 by BrixtonBlue

To be honest I can't quite remember, but they always seemed to be spending to move up a level. Obviously it shot up massively more since Abu Dhabi took over.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-trans

That report is from 2017. Liverpool are actually 4th based on data from this season - having spent heavily on Van Dijk, Allison, Keita, Fabinho and Shaqiri since then. They were by far the biggest spenders in the PL this season - spending 3 times as much as City

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1019996/Transfer

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 13:46 - Apr 23 with 3426 viewsBlueStreak

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 13:19 - Apr 23 by BrixtonBlue

Can't remember but will state it anyway to support your point, right-o.
Liverpool or City or don't care? on 13:51 - Apr 23 with 3420 viewsBrixtonBlue

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 13:33 - Apr 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

That report is from 2017. Liverpool are actually 4th based on data from this season - having spent heavily on Van Dijk, Allison, Keita, Fabinho and Shaqiri since then. They were by far the biggest spenders in the PL this season - spending 3 times as much as City

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1019996/Transfer

I wasn't just talking about this season - in fact I said City have spent far more "over the years". Even paying more than them this year, Liverpool still haven't caught up. It could be argued Liverpool needed to go nearer to City's levels of spending to even get close to them.

Obviously I'd much prefer the likes of Leicester winning it, but Liverpool out of them and Man City any day.

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 13:53 - Apr 23 with 3416 viewsVaughan8

Personally I don't really care and it won't affect my life.

My only gripe in recent weeks has been with Carragher's commentary on SKy being so biased as well as him screaming when Liverpool score (especially the other week (I think it was vs Tottenham?!?)). I think he could be unbearable if Liverpool win!

Other than that, I just hoper it goes until the last game! Could we get another "Aguerooooooooooo" moment?
Liverpool or City or don't care? on 13:54 - Apr 23 with 3414 viewsBrixtonBlue

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 13:46 - Apr 23 by BlueStreak

Can't remember but will state it anyway to support your point, right-o.

I made an honest and tiny mistake. Still doesn't take away from my argument that they've bought their way to where they are. Whether that started in League 1 or not is neither here nor there.

Have you got a point or did you just want a pop?

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 13:57 - Apr 23 with 3407 viewspeterleeblue

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 20:09 - Apr 22 by noggin

And picking the pockets of the dead?

Storming turnstiles?
That didn't happen. Taylor report said so!
Liverpool or City or don't care? on 14:08 - Apr 23 with 3389 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 13:51 - Apr 23 by BrixtonBlue

I wasn't just talking about this season - in fact I said City have spent far more "over the years". Even paying more than them this year, Liverpool still haven't caught up. It could be argued Liverpool needed to go nearer to City's levels of spending to even get close to them.

Obviously I'd much prefer the likes of Leicester winning it, but Liverpool out of them and Man City any day.

But the article you posted was well out of date - data from this season confirms that Liverpool do now in fact have the 4th most expensive squad in the world, so hardly plucky underdogs fighting the money machine

How is Liverpool needing to spend money to catch up any different to Man City needing to spend money to catch the big boys in the first place?

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 14:15 - Apr 23 with 3372 viewsnoggin

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 13:57 - Apr 23 by peterleeblue

Storming turnstiles?
That didn't happen. Taylor report said so!

I never saw them do it at Ipswich but I'm sure fans of all the bigger supported clubs did it back in the day.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024