Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool or City or don't care? 18:18 - Apr 22 with 14176 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I want Liverpool to win nothing again because I don't really like Scousers and it would be funny.
Liverpool or City or don't care? on 14:17 - Apr 23 with 4503 viewschicoazul

No true Ipswich fan of a certain vintage will ever want anything but ill for Liverpool and Scousers are some of the worst people in the world.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 14:19 - Apr 23 with 4497 viewsnoggin

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 14:17 - Apr 23 by chicoazul

No true Ipswich fan of a certain vintage will ever want anything but ill for Liverpool and Scousers are some of the worst people in the world.

What a ridiculous statement.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 14:22 - Apr 23 with 4488 viewsBrixtonBlue

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 14:08 - Apr 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

But the article you posted was well out of date - data from this season confirms that Liverpool do now in fact have the 4th most expensive squad in the world, so hardly plucky underdogs fighting the money machine

How is Liverpool needing to spend money to catch up any different to Man City needing to spend money to catch the big boys in the first place?

I never said Liverpool are plucky underdogs, I said they've spent way less than Man City over the years.

Man City were nowhere near being one of the big boys before Abu Dhabi. Liverpool have consistently been up there over the years.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 14:25 - Apr 23 with 4476 viewsBenters2

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 12:57 - Apr 23 by BrixtonBlue

Liverpool, by a mile.

Given what money has done to us (or hasn't), it's astonishing so many on here are plumping for moneybags City. I know Liverpool have spent a fare whack too, but not at City's levels over the years, using it to haul themselves up from League 1 to where they are now, cherrypicking the best players in the world.

Liverpool have been in the top flight all the time City were buying their way there.

Liverpool play some breathtaking attacking football at times. It would also be nice to see someone new win it.

Regarding supporters - all clubs have their d!ckheads. And moaning about Europe all these years later's pathetic IMO. It's 2019.

Yeah let’s just brush aside the heartache and pain they have caused over the years.

Very liberal of you.
Liverpool or City or don't care? on 14:29 - Apr 23 with 4466 viewsusm

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 18:50 - Apr 22 by noggin

It's a bit like saying "I don't like muslims because of the Lee Rigby attack."

What about chocolate biscuits?

Can I say I like them although there are probably thousands out there that Ive never tasted so can't say whether I like them or not?

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 14:37 - Apr 23 with 4459 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 14:22 - Apr 23 by BrixtonBlue

I never said Liverpool are plucky underdogs, I said they've spent way less than Man City over the years.

Man City were nowhere near being one of the big boys before Abu Dhabi. Liverpool have consistently been up there over the years.

You linked an article stating Liverpool weren’t in the top 4 spenders - I pointed out that an up to date version of that confirms Liverpool are now in fact in the top 4

I never denied Man City have spent more - I just don’t think the 4th most expensive squad defeating the 1st most expensive is really worth favouring that much

Also wouldn’t have had you down as one wanting the big boys to be the only ones allowed to spend

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 14:53 - Apr 23 with 4422 viewsBrixtonBlue

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 14:25 - Apr 23 by Benters2

Yeah let’s just brush aside the heartache and pain they have caused over the years.

Very liberal of you.

Ever heard of forgiveness?

And are the fans who caused trouble decades ago the same supporters as now?

And should ALL Liverpool supporters be tarred with the same brush?

And have Man City fans never cause any trouble?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 14:57 - Apr 23 with 4418 viewsBrixtonBlue

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 14:37 - Apr 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

You linked an article stating Liverpool weren’t in the top 4 spenders - I pointed out that an up to date version of that confirms Liverpool are now in fact in the top 4

I never denied Man City have spent more - I just don’t think the 4th most expensive squad defeating the 1st most expensive is really worth favouring that much

Also wouldn’t have had you down as one wanting the big boys to be the only ones allowed to spend

Why are you repeating yourself?

I listed several reasons why I want Liverpool to win it. That they've spent way less than Man City over the years is just one.

Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 14:59 - Apr 23 with 4416 viewsLord_Lucan

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 14:15 - Apr 23 by noggin

I never saw them do it at Ipswich but I'm sure fans of all the bigger supported clubs did it back in the day.

I've seen them do it at PR twice and I've never seen anyone else do it.

Athens;

OFFICIALS at UEFA last night launched their strongest attack yet on Liverpool FC fans — claiming they were the worst in Europe, in a report due to be handed to the Government.

The report, which has been compiled by undercover police, claims Liverpool fans have been involved in 25 incidents at away matches across the Continent over the last four years — more than any other team.

It says the trouble outside the Olympic Stadium — where the Champions League final was staged — was not an isolated incident.

People with counterfeit tickets managed to get into the ground, while some Liverpool fans with genuine tickets were forced to miss the match.

Uefa spokesman William Gaillard said: “The incidents involving Liverpool fans have been well known to us before the trouble at the Champions League final.

“That was just the latest example. What other set of fans steal tickets from their fellow supporters or out of the hands of children?

“We know what happened in Athens, and Liverpool fans were the cause of most of the trouble there.

“There have been 25 incidents involving Liverpool fans away from home since 2003 and these are in the report — most teams’ supporters do not cause any trouble at all.

“You must ask yourself why at the same match, with the same conditions, there was no trouble with the Milan fans — only the Liverpool fans.”

Always the victims

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 15:10 - Apr 23 with 4392 viewsnoggin

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 14:59 - Apr 23 by Lord_Lucan

I've seen them do it at PR twice and I've never seen anyone else do it.

Athens;

OFFICIALS at UEFA last night launched their strongest attack yet on Liverpool FC fans — claiming they were the worst in Europe, in a report due to be handed to the Government.

The report, which has been compiled by undercover police, claims Liverpool fans have been involved in 25 incidents at away matches across the Continent over the last four years — more than any other team.

It says the trouble outside the Olympic Stadium — where the Champions League final was staged — was not an isolated incident.

People with counterfeit tickets managed to get into the ground, while some Liverpool fans with genuine tickets were forced to miss the match.

Uefa spokesman William Gaillard said: “The incidents involving Liverpool fans have been well known to us before the trouble at the Champions League final.

“That was just the latest example. What other set of fans steal tickets from their fellow supporters or out of the hands of children?

“We know what happened in Athens, and Liverpool fans were the cause of most of the trouble there.

“There have been 25 incidents involving Liverpool fans away from home since 2003 and these are in the report — most teams’ supporters do not cause any trouble at all.

“You must ask yourself why at the same match, with the same conditions, there was no trouble with the Milan fans — only the Liverpool fans.”

Always the victims

England fans caused havoc all over Europe throughout the 80s. Focussing only on scousers is ignoring the bigger picture. British fans, when in huge numbers were almost always involved in violent disorder.

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 15:14 - Apr 23 with 4385 viewsLord_Lucan

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 15:10 - Apr 23 by noggin

England fans caused havoc all over Europe throughout the 80s. Focussing only on scousers is ignoring the bigger picture. British fans, when in huge numbers were almost always involved in violent disorder.

This was 2007

Why do you defend thugs and ferals?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 15:15 - Apr 23 with 4386 viewsitfcjoe

Part of me thinks Liverpool as like Klopp and playing some great stuff - but think their fanbase will be unbearable of they do.

Man City are obviously attracting their fair share of glory hunters at the moment, but being in my early 30s the only City fans I know are the ones who have been following them for years. I'm sure my kids will have a different view of City supporters when they are my age!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 15:18 - Apr 23 with 4371 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 14:57 - Apr 23 by BrixtonBlue

Why are you repeating yourself?

I listed several reasons why I want Liverpool to win it. That they've spent way less than Man City over the years is just one.

Calm down Dollers, you can have whatever reasons you like for cheering on the big American investors over the Asian ones

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 15:19 - Apr 23 with 4368 viewsnoggin

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 15:14 - Apr 23 by Lord_Lucan

This was 2007

Why do you defend thugs and ferals?

I don't but suggesting scousers are the only culprits is ridiculous. Arsenal caused the most trouble I ever saw at Ipswich. When you have as many as 100,000 British fans on the lash, there will be trouble.

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 15:20 - Apr 23 with 4364 viewsLord_Lucan

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 15:19 - Apr 23 by noggin

I don't but suggesting scousers are the only culprits is ridiculous. Arsenal caused the most trouble I ever saw at Ipswich. When you have as many as 100,000 British fans on the lash, there will be trouble.

Sorry Noggin, I like you but in this instance you really haven't got a clue.

I couldn't give two hoots on 15:22 - Apr 23 with 4361 viewsDyland

I get the Liverpool/Ipswich "thing"... which is not a "thing" for Liverpool fans, obviously... as others have remarked, there were Liverpool fans at school in Ipswich in the 70s and early 80s, born and bred Suffolk... tvats... but I've softened and really don't care these days.

I'd say Liverpool if I had to choose. I prefer Klopp to Guardiola, sort of, I think. Er, and someone else winning it would be better, maybe?

As I say, I don't really care.

EDIT: It will also be funny if/when Liverpool fook it up again though...
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 15:23]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 15:28 - Apr 23 with 4337 viewsnoggin

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 15:20 - Apr 23 by Lord_Lucan

Sorry Noggin, I like you but in this instance you really haven't got a clue.

So tell me what I haven't got a clue about. I haven't denied that Liverpool fans have been involved in a lot of violence. Just saying so have Rangers, Celtic, Chelsea, West Ham, Leeds, Millwall, Arsenal. See Rangers in Manchester for the UEFA Cup final, for example.
Remember Liverpool travel in massive numbers when in European finals.

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 15:49 - Apr 23 with 4292 viewsBrixtonBlue

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 15:18 - Apr 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Calm down Dollers, you can have whatever reasons you like for cheering on the big American investors over the Asian ones

I'm perfectly calm thanks. You can have whatever reasons you like for wilfully missing the point, no skin off my nose.

I'm also not really that bothered who wins the league.

I couldn't give two hoots on 16:04 - Apr 23 with 4266 viewschicoazul

I couldn't give two hoots on 15:22 - Apr 23 by Dyland

I get the Liverpool/Ipswich "thing"... which is not a "thing" for Liverpool fans, obviously... as others have remarked, there were Liverpool fans at school in Ipswich in the 70s and early 80s, born and bred Suffolk... tvats... but I've softened and really don't care these days.

I'd say Liverpool if I had to choose. I prefer Klopp to Guardiola, sort of, I think. Er, and someone else winning it would be better, maybe?

As I say, I don't really care.

EDIT: It will also be funny if/when Liverpool fook it up again though...
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 15:23]

They could lose one league game all season and still not win the league this year. Hahaha.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 16:07 - Apr 23 with 4262 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 15:49 - Apr 23 by BrixtonBlue

I'm perfectly calm thanks. You can have whatever reasons you like for wilfully missing the point, no skin off my nose.

I'm also not really that bothered who wins the league.

Bit odd to spend some of your afternoon arguing about something you don’t care about on the internet, but each to their own I guess
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 16:15]

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 16:16 - Apr 23 with 4242 viewsLord_Lucan

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 15:28 - Apr 23 by noggin

So tell me what I haven't got a clue about. I haven't denied that Liverpool fans have been involved in a lot of violence. Just saying so have Rangers, Celtic, Chelsea, West Ham, Leeds, Millwall, Arsenal. See Rangers in Manchester for the UEFA Cup final, for example.
Remember Liverpool travel in massive numbers when in European finals.

The difference is fans from teams from the old day to current may get involved in mass brawls and criminal damage but Liverpool take hoards with them engaging in robbery, mugging, pick pocketing and looting

It is worth also noting that they were the most active with stanley knives - by a long chalk.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 16:39]

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 16:27 - Apr 23 with 4217 viewsballycastle

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 13:57 - Apr 23 by peterleeblue

Storming turnstiles?
That didn't happen. Taylor report said so!

Who mentioned Hillsboro? The storming of turnstiles happened at Portman road! An elderly turnstile operator was badly beaten up, this was late 1970s.
Liverpool or City or don't care? on 19:13 - Apr 23 with 4152 viewspeterleeblue

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 16:27 - Apr 23 by ballycastle

Who mentioned Hillsboro? The storming of turnstiles happened at Portman road! An elderly turnstile operator was badly beaten up, this was late 1970s.

I assumed that was the reference sorry!
Liverpool or City or don't care? on 19:43 - Apr 23 with 4130 viewsBrixtonBlue

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 16:27 - Apr 23 by ballycastle

So half a century ago nearly?

Time to let it go.

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 19:44 - Apr 23 with 4127 viewsreusersfreekicks

Liverpool or City or don't care? on 18:41 - Apr 22 by Illinoisblue

Liverpool all day long. Not enough has been made of City's blatant financial cheating.

Precisely
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024