Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Name the players you would definitely start with next season 22:22 - Apr 22 with 5533 viewsitfcpaul

Mick Mills says theres only 2 definite starters in his opinion
Jon Nolan and Alan Judge

what do you think?
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 8:32]

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 22:24 - Apr 22 with 4625 viewskizaitfc

For me it would be:

Downes (thought was very good today)
Bishop
Skuse (Experience - Id have him as squad captain)
Judge
Keane (if he signs)

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 22:27 - Apr 22 with 4599 viewspositivity

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 22:24 - Apr 22 by kizaitfc

For me it would be:

Bishop
Judge
Keane (if he signs)

not sure about skuse AND downes, think we need to be more on the front foot.

i'd add edwards if we play a formation that suits him and go out on a limb and say huws!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 22:31 - Apr 22 with 4556 viewsFtnfwest

Add bishop to that and and that’s about it
Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 22:32 - Apr 22 with 4543 viewsPJH

Chambers, Bishop, Skuse, Judge certainly.

Not sure how many incoming signings there will be because there are a few more players that we currently have that might do ok but the above four are the only definite starters for me from what we have at the moment.
Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 22:38 - Apr 22 with 4499 viewssuffolkpoker

Judge
Bishop
Lankester
Chambers
Nolan
Downed

We need new strikers and defenders

Get enough strikers to play 2 upfront #easy #league1champs

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 22:38 - Apr 22 with 4497 viewspositivity

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 22:32 - Apr 22 by PJH

Chambers, Bishop, Skuse, Judge certainly.

Not sure how many incoming signings there will be because there are a few more players that we currently have that might do ok but the above four are the only definite starters for me from what we have at the moment.

chambers and skuse might start the season as first choice, really hope they're phased out by the end of the season though; we need better, and i believe we have it in the squad.

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 22:39 - Apr 22 with 4488 viewsBluefish

1st name on the team sheet should be Bishop and the 2nd should be Lankester

Obviously not as gk and rb though

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 22:48 - Apr 22 with 4446 viewsSWGF

If we're still playing 451, I don't see where Judge fits in, unless he's an advanced central midfielder. He can't/won't do the wide job effectively enough, IMO.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Login to get fewer ads

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 23:03 - Apr 22 with 4385 viewsLankHenners

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 22:48 - Apr 22 by SWGF

If we're still playing 451, I don't see where Judge fits in, unless he's an advanced central midfielder. He can't/won't do the wide job effectively enough, IMO.

And subsequently derails the rest of the team as we end up congested in the middle with players on top of each other unsure of what they’re doing and a striker moving into the channels to try and create the absent width.

Lambert needs to find a way to stick Judge at the forefront of the midfield so he doesn’t have to be so positionally disciplined then get the rest of the players around him, whether in a 4231 or a 41212. Our better games have come when doing that so god knows why Lambert’s scrapped that and is insisting with this ineffective 433.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 23:09 - Apr 22 with 4347 viewspositivity

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 23:03 - Apr 22 by LankHenners

And subsequently derails the rest of the team as we end up congested in the middle with players on top of each other unsure of what they’re doing and a striker moving into the channels to try and create the absent width.

Lambert needs to find a way to stick Judge at the forefront of the midfield so he doesn’t have to be so positionally disciplined then get the rest of the players around him, whether in a 4231 or a 41212. Our better games have come when doing that so god knows why Lambert’s scrapped that and is insisting with this ineffective 433.

the diamond could suit us and judge especially. suits jackson to have a partner upfront, only real loser in that system is edwards

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 23:13 - Apr 22 with 4322 viewsSWGF

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 23:09 - Apr 22 by positivity

the diamond could suit us and judge especially. suits jackson to have a partner upfront, only real loser in that system is edwards

Diamond puts a lot of emphasis on the two "middle" midfielders having to cover out wide to help fullbacks as well as doing their normal job.

4411 or 4231 looks like the way to get Judge central but keeping a semblance of width.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 00:21 - Apr 23 with 4158 viewsBlueBadger

I think you should pose this question in a coherent form.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 00:43 - Apr 23 with 4125 viewseddiespearitt03

Woolfenden/Morris/Lankester/Judge/Nolan/Nsiala/Donacien/Jackson/Harrison......Who do you pick from a poor squad.

Definitely want to see the back of all the "proper blokes" at this club who take a wage for contributing nothing on the pitch when they do play. As long as we keep the weak links we will carry on losing games in League One.

Blame Evans for this mess. He has persevered with the same poor players for far too long. Of course Evans does not feel the same emotions as supporters who live locally or the supporters who travel to home/away games. Throwing out the occasional statement how sorry he is cuts no ice. ITFC will not see progress whilst Evans is at the club.
Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 05:11 - Apr 23 with 4028 viewsStokieBlue

Lankester looked great cutting in from the wing. He should be starting when fit, certainly in the current formation.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 09:04 - Apr 23 with 3738 viewspositivity

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 23:13 - Apr 22 by SWGF

Diamond puts a lot of emphasis on the two "middle" midfielders having to cover out wide to help fullbacks as well as doing their normal job.

4411 or 4231 looks like the way to get Judge central but keeping a semblance of width.

or wing-backs with judge playing as the most advanced of the 3 central-mids. probably best positions for kenlock and emmanuel, again, not so good for edwards...

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 09:14 - Apr 23 with 3713 viewsGarv

Nolan, Judge, Bishop, Lankester.

Horrible irony here that they're all midfielders.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 09:19 - Apr 23 with 3686 viewsWallingford_Boy

I think the back four is a real problem.

I like to see Woolfie start, but Kenlock/Emmanuel seem way off the standard and Chambers is just going backwards.

I'd say Judge, Nolan, Skuse and probably Bart.

RIP Sir Bobby

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 09:22 - Apr 23 with 3675 viewschicoazul

It all depends on who we sign. Nolan does look alright to be fair, Bishop and Judge too, but that's pretty much it on the current evidence.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 09:23 - Apr 23 with 3669 viewsKeaneish

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 22:24 - Apr 22 by kizaitfc

For me it would be:

Bishop
Judge
Keane (if he signs)

Skuse as captain? Why? He’s been terrible second half of the season.

Starters for me are:

Lankester
Judge
Bishop
Sears
Huws or Nolan

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 09:26 - Apr 23 with 3656 viewsKieran_Knows

----------------------New GK
New RB - Chambers - New CB - Kenlock
------------Bishop -- Judge -- Nolan
Lankester -- Keane/New ST -- New LW
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 9:27]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 09:26 - Apr 23 with 3651 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bart, Kenlock, Nsiala, Nolan, Bishop, Judge, Downes, Edwards, Lankester

(Sears if he was fit)
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 9:28]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 09:27 - Apr 23 with 3644 viewsitfcjoe

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 09:19 - Apr 23 by Wallingford_Boy

I like to see Woolfie start, but Kenlock/Emmanuel seem way off the standard and Chambers is just going backwards.

Surely far too early to say with any confidence Woolfie will be fine but yet Emmauel (50? games in league 1 including a promotion) and Kenlock (50+ games in the Championship) aren't up to it.

We all hope Woolfie can step up, but it's a big unknown.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 09:27 - Apr 23 with 3641 viewsKieran_Knows

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 09:26 - Apr 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

Bart, Kenlock, Nsiala, Nolan, Bishop, Judge, Downes, Edwards, Lankester

(Sears if he was fit)
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 9:28]

I'd hope Nsiala is nowhere near the first team.

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 09:28 - Apr 23 with 3628 viewsKieran_Knows

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 09:19 - Apr 23 by Wallingford_Boy

Back 4 and goalkeeper is a massive problem IMO. Could do with all 5 positions being strengthened.

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 09:28 - Apr 23 with 3626 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Name the players you would definitely start with next season on 09:27 - Apr 23 by Kieran_Knows

I'd hope Nsiala is nowhere near the first team.

I think he'll be alright in League 1.

Agree he isn't up to the Champ though.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024