Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Its mutual consent roulette 09:43 - Apr 23 with 3237 viewsCheltenham_Blue

It's clear Lambert will need to shift players out to get players in. My guess is 4-5 new signings, but who does he move on.

My guess (excluding out of contract players) -

Roberts
Harrison
Spence
Donacian
Bart
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 9:43]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Its mutual consent roulette on 09:44 - Apr 23 with 2603 viewschicoazul

Donacien. Did anyone else see the Luton Accrington game and watch Donacien play and just sit there half laughing in a stupefied way? 750k.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Its mutual consent roulette on 09:45 - Apr 23 with 2579 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Evans seemed to think Bart would be staying next season, as I think he mentioned him in his last statement.

I think it would be well worth keeping Harrison next season.

Agree with the others.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Its mutual consent roulette on 09:46 - Apr 23 with 2579 viewsiamipswich

Why would we pay Bart off when we could potentially get a fee for him/play him and benefit from having him in goal?

Poll: Who will return first?

Its mutual consent roulette on 09:48 - Apr 23 with 2566 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Its mutual consent roulette on 09:45 - Apr 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

Evans seemed to think Bart would be staying next season, as I think he mentioned him in his last statement.

I think it would be well worth keeping Harrison next season.

Agree with the others.

To be fair, at this stage last season they were putting Waghorn in the new away shirt for Planet Blue posters, and given his track record, I wouldn't read too much into what Evans says in a statement

Its mutual consent roulette on 09:49 - Apr 23 with 2549 viewsRadlett_blue

I think Spence is out of contract in June.
Donacien will be hard to shift unless we're prepared to crystallise a huge loss.
Roberts looks likely to get a pay-off.
Harrison I think is better than Jackson but he's been fit so rarely that it's hard to be sure & again this will make him hard to shift.
I reckon we're stuck with Huws as again, no-one will come close to matching his wages given his injury record so we might as well keep him & our fingers crossed as we know he's a good player.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Its mutual consent roulette on 09:50 - Apr 23 with 2539 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Its mutual consent roulette on 09:46 - Apr 23 by iamipswich

Why would we pay Bart off when we could potentially get a fee for him/play him and benefit from having him in goal?

I didn't mean Bart would go via mutual consent, despite the title. But some of PH's players are going to have to leave via that method, or on a nominal fee.

Its mutual consent roulette on 09:52 - Apr 23 with 2512 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Its mutual consent roulette on 09:48 - Apr 23 by Cheltenham_Blue

To be fair, at this stage last season they were putting Waghorn in the new away shirt for Planet Blue posters, and given his track record, I wouldn't read too much into what Evans says in a statement

;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Its mutual consent roulette on 09:54 - Apr 23 with 2515 viewschicoazul

Its mutual consent roulette on 09:50 - Apr 23 by Cheltenham_Blue

I didn't mean Bart would go via mutual consent, despite the title. But some of PH's players are going to have to leave via that method, or on a nominal fee.

I'd be amazed if any of them do that. Why would you? You're at the biggest club you will ever play for, on the most money you will ever earn, and you're about to play a new season at your comfort level.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Login to get fewer ads

Its mutual consent roulette on 09:56 - Apr 23 with 2509 viewsKieran_Knows

Sold/released from contract early;
Donacien - sold for whatever we can get for him.
Harrison - probably still get a small fee for him.
Rowe - sold to Lincoln.
Roberts - early release.
Bart - if we can get a decent fee for him.

Contracts up who will leave anyway;
Knudsen
Spence
Ward - although I presume we have a duty of care due to his injury?
Adeyemi
Collins
Dawkins

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Its mutual consent roulette on 09:57 - Apr 23 with 2495 viewsRadlett_blue

Its mutual consent roulette on 09:54 - Apr 23 by chicoazul

I'd be amazed if any of them do that. Why would you? You're at the biggest club you will ever play for, on the most money you will ever earn, and you're about to play a new season at your comfort level.

Rather than his usual obfuscation, Lambert is actually going to have to make some real decisions as to which players he wants for next season & which he doesn't fancy. Will be interesting to see. A proper target man is sorely needed, while a think a back 5 of Bart/Gerken; Emmanuel, Nsiala, Chambers & Kenlock will still ship plenty of goals in League 1.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Its mutual consent roulette on 09:59 - Apr 23 with 2489 viewsSomethingBlue

Keep Harrison. Though it's very frustrating that — surprise surprise! — we've hardly been able to keep him fit. He's a real menace and will be absolutely fine in L1. Anyone know what his current injury status is? I've lost track.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Its mutual consent roulette on 10:12 - Apr 23 with 2436 viewschicoazul

Its mutual consent roulette on 09:59 - Apr 23 by SomethingBlue

Keep Harrison. Though it's very frustrating that — surprise surprise! — we've hardly been able to keep him fit. He's a real menace and will be absolutely fine in L1. Anyone know what his current injury status is? I've lost track.

Hamstring knack I believe. Lambert probably isnt bothered with playing people with injuries at the moment in lieu of next season, and given our amazing record with injuries for the last 4 years or so who can blame him.

Its mutual consent roulette on 10:13 - Apr 23 with 2421 viewsSomethingBlue

Its mutual consent roulette on 10:12 - Apr 23 by chicoazul

Hamstring knack I believe. Lambert probably isnt bothered with playing people with injuries at the moment in lieu of next season, and given our amazing record with injuries for the last 4 years or so who can blame him.

Yep, shame, Harrison should have been a very decent signing. How often this happens is an absolute joke.

And think injuries are more broadly a reason why people are being a bit harsh on Lambert's current selections. Can anyone name even half a side he could have put out consistently over the past 10 games? I can't.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 10:20]

Its mutual consent roulette on 10:16 - Apr 23 with 2381 viewstextbackup

Its mutual consent roulette on 09:56 - Apr 23 by Kieran_Knows

Rowe - sold to Lincoln.
Roberts - early release.

Knudsen
Spence
Adeyemi
Collins
Dawkins

Rowe - sold to Lincoln.

and will be incredible for them, in particular the games vs us

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Its mutual consent roulette on 10:20 - Apr 23 with 2354 viewsTonytown

Its mutual consent roulette on 10:13 - Apr 23 by SomethingBlue

Yep, shame, Harrison should have been a very decent signing. How often this happens is an absolute joke.

And think injuries are more broadly a reason why people are being a bit harsh on Lambert's current selections. Can anyone name even half a side he could have put out consistently over the past 10 games? I can't.

He has managed Bishop well though and is playing him every other game or so building his fitness for next year.

Hopefully he will get a full pre season in and can then play 40 games next year as he is a key player.
Its mutual consent roulette on 10:25 - Apr 23 with 2329 viewsReuser_is_God

Its mutual consent roulette on 10:13 - Apr 23 by SomethingBlue

That, & the number of players Lambert needs to make a decision on.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Its mutual consent roulette on 10:25 - Apr 23 with 2321 viewsITFC_Forever

Rowe - sold to Lincoln.
Roberts - early release.

Knudsen
Spence
Adeyemi
Collins
Dawkins

Makes no sense to sell Rowe. Proven performer in the lower divisions and should be part of the squad.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Its mutual consent roulette on 10:27 - Apr 23 with 2317 viewsSomethingBlue

Its mutual consent roulette on 10:25 - Apr 23 by Reuser_is_God

That, & the number of players Lambert needs to make a decision on.

Yep, there is so much flotsam and jetsam in the squad, much of it only half-fit and picking up niggles here and there. Until we can have a proper clean out in the summer we do have to muddle along at the moment; I think criticism of the lack of pattern is harsh when you look at the fitness situations of around half the players who can be involved.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 10:27]

Its mutual consent roulette on 10:29 - Apr 23 with 2298 viewsWestcountryblue

Rowe - sold to Lincoln.
Roberts - early release.

Knudsen
Spence
Adeyemi
Collins
Dawkins

Get rid of Donacien, Roberts, Knudsen, Spence, Collins, Dawkins.

Keep Harrison who will be a good option in League One, we will need 4 good strikers at that level to sustain a top 2 position.

We need a big brute in midfield, so i think also invite Adeyemi back for preseason with the hope that he can have a good preseason.

Undecided on Rowe and Ward.
Its mutual consent roulette on 10:29 - Apr 23 with 2294 viewstextbackup

Its mutual consent roulette on 10:25 - Apr 23 by ITFC_Forever

Makes no sense to sell Rowe. Proven performer in the lower divisions and should be part of the squad.

yep I agree. why loan out players to get experience then get rid of them when we end up at the level they've become hardened to?
rowe and wolfenden should be key memebers of team next season

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Its mutual consent roulette on 10:31 - Apr 23 with 2286 viewsSomethingBlue

Its mutual consent roulette on 10:29 - Apr 23 by Westcountryblue

Get rid of Donacien, Roberts, Knudsen, Spence, Collins, Dawkins.

Keep Harrison who will be a good option in League One, we will need 4 good strikers at that level to sustain a top 2 position.

We need a big brute in midfield, so i think also invite Adeyemi back for preseason with the hope that he can have a good preseason.

Undecided on Rowe and Ward.

You are right about the midfield — we need someone in there who can compete physically and seize the ball back. Our better performances (that I've seen anyway) this season have come when Chalobah has done that. Need to have some targets but I'd agree completely about inviting Adeyemi back to see if there's any hope; he has the tools to do it superbly.

Its mutual consent roulette on 10:34 - Apr 23 with 2258 viewsWestcountryblue

Its mutual consent roulette on 10:31 - Apr 23 by SomethingBlue

You are right about the midfield — we need someone in there who can compete physically and seize the ball back. Our better performances (that I've seen anyway) this season have come when Chalobah has done that. Need to have some targets but I'd agree completely about inviting Adeyemi back to see if there's any hope; he has the tools to do it superbly.

It's such a shame that both Adeyemi and Huws have been injured for the past 18 months or so. A trio of Adeyemi, Huws and Skuse would've been very competitive at this level.

I'm not sure that Skuse will have the legs to be effective at that level anymore and would prefer Downes to be used at the base of the diamond.
Its mutual consent roulette on 10:35 - Apr 23 with 2250 viewschicoazul

Its mutual consent roulette on 10:31 - Apr 23 by SomethingBlue

I think they are going to activate the option we have on him.

Its mutual consent roulette on 11:43 - Apr 23 with 2118 viewsKieran_Knows

Its mutual consent roulette on 10:25 - Apr 23 by ITFC_Forever

I don't disagree, but he's been here 2 and a half years now, under 3 managers, and barely featured at all. Spent the best part of a year out on loan at Lincoln over 2 spells, with the other 18 months out of favour/injured.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Its mutual consent roulette on 11:51 - Apr 23 with 2075 viewsmonty_radio

Its mutual consent roulette on 09:57 - Apr 23 by Radlett_blue

Rather than his usual obfuscation, Lambert is actually going to have to make some real decisions as to which players he wants for next season & which he doesn't fancy. Will be interesting to see. A proper target man is sorely needed, while a think a back 5 of Bart/Gerken; Emmanuel, Nsiala, Chambers & Kenlock will still ship plenty of goals in League 1.

Who yous Obfuscatin'? Go on Brenner, make the accusation!

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024