Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on yesterday 10:31 - Apr 23 with 1858 viewsBobbychase

I had a long drive back to Bristol after the game to digest what I saw from the posh seats (thanks for the ticket promotion ITFC).

I can't get too disheartened because we'll see a lot of change in the summer. When Quaner, Chalobah, Elder and Bree go back and players like Lankester and Sears return to fitness plus 5-6 new signings are added in it'll be a completely different team for the first match in August.

Bishop looked sharp when he came on, and much better than Dozzell who had a real stinker. That said I wouldn't sell Dozzell, as some are suggesting. As a club we need to learn from our recent mistakes, one of which has been selling players for a short-term buck (Rhodes being the obvious example) and then it comes back to bite us on the a*se big time. Marriott left in different circumstances to Rhodes but that's another case in point. We also had Conor Hourihane on our books. Patience can be rewarded in time.

There were flashes of good play, especially when we had two strikers on, but it was largely underwhelming and felt like a pre-season friendly at times.

Still, renewing ST today. Let's hope we hit the 14,000 mark

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Thoughts on yesterday on 10:52 - Apr 23 with 1785 viewsSWGF

Re: Dozzell, we do need to sell *some* central midfielders to alleviate the build-up in the squad.

On the books; Dozzell, Skuse, Downes, Bishop, Judge, Huws, Nydam, Nolan, Judge. Even allowing for injuries, that's too many isn't it?

I reckon one of Dozzell, Downes, Bishop will go.

I'd also argue that we need a "Shaun Derry" type of player/character in there for the youngsters to (figuratively) bounce off of.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Thoughts on yesterday on 10:54 - Apr 23 with 1767 viewsBobbychase

Thoughts on yesterday on 10:52 - Apr 23 by SWGF

Re: Dozzell, we do need to sell *some* central midfielders to alleviate the build-up in the squad.

On the books; Dozzell, Skuse, Downes, Bishop, Judge, Huws, Nydam, Nolan, Judge. Even allowing for injuries, that's too many isn't it?

I'd also argue that we need a "Shaun Derry" type of player/character in there for the youngsters to (figuratively) bounce off of.

We need a proper enforcer in midfield, someone who can do the dirty stuff so the likes of Huws, Bishop and Judge can play.

My concern with Dozzell is that he's still very young and has not experienced playing in a team that's doing well and playing with confidence. There's a superb player in there somewhere. Would hate for it to emerge when he's at another club.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Thoughts on yesterday on 10:57 - Apr 23 with 1747 viewsSWGF

Thoughts on yesterday on 10:54 - Apr 23 by Bobbychase

We need a proper enforcer in midfield, someone who can do the dirty stuff so the likes of Huws, Bishop and Judge can play.

My concern with Dozzell is that he's still very young and has not experienced playing in a team that's doing well and playing with confidence. There's a superb player in there somewhere. Would hate for it to emerge when he's at another club.

Not disagreeing about Dozzell but someone may need to be "sacrificed" for the sake of funding and squad size. What formation allows Dozzell to flourish? I have no idea.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

Thoughts on yesterday on 11:14 - Apr 23 with 1671 viewsDyland

Agree with all that, especially keeping some faith with Dozzers. It's a rare breed who can pick the passes he can. Obviously he had a duff game on Monday but who apart from Downes didn't? Bishop was good for the brief time he was on.

They aren't on each others' wave length though and it really did look like a pre-season friendly. Still no reason to be too pessimistic or panic, as you say there will be a lot of change this summer.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Thoughts on yesterday on 14:49 - Apr 23 with 1451 viewsColin_Viljoen

Everybody's forgotten Grant Ward
Thoughts on yesterday on 15:13 - Apr 23 with 1376 viewsSwansea_Blue

Thoughts on yesterday on 14:49 - Apr 23 by Colin_Viljoen

True. I had.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Thoughts on yesterday on 15:24 - Apr 23 with 1330 viewsipswichheritage

How did you possibly forget about Adeyemi too...??.
Thoughts on yesterday on 16:54 - Apr 23 with 1189 viewsSWGF

Thoughts on yesterday on 14:49 - Apr 23 by Colin_Viljoen

Central?

Out of contract isn't he? As is ipswichheritage's Adeyemi.

If I added those two it would take me over my two hands' worth of fingers to count with.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024