Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nigel Farage and his Brexit party 10:33 - Apr 23 with 6007 viewschicoazul

Have they, in effect, cut off the head of the most right wing mainstream political party in decades? UKIP are dead.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/04/17/brexit-party-le

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 10:38 - Apr 23 with 4949 viewsitfcjoe

If anyone votes for UKIP this time round, then they are basically admitting to being a racist or haven't been following them.

If it is Brexit that you want pure and simply, then you have to vote for the Brexit party, simple as.

UKIP has picked up the baton from the EDL and the BNP and have served their purpose for Farage. They are too far beyond the pale now for him, they have been useful idiots but now are just a lunatic party.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 11:50 - Apr 23 with 4824 viewsDarth_Koont

It's all a sick joke. So-called establishment outsiders promising an alternative to reality in a non-election.

Pronouns: He/Him

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 12:17 - Apr 23 with 4782 viewschicoazul

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 10:38 - Apr 23 by itfcjoe

If anyone votes for UKIP this time round, then they are basically admitting to being a racist or haven't been following them.

If it is Brexit that you want pure and simply, then you have to vote for the Brexit party, simple as.

UKIP has picked up the baton from the EDL and the BNP and have served their purpose for Farage. They are too far beyond the pale now for him, they have been useful idiots but now are just a lunatic party.

I think I agree with all of this. So you have to wonder, has Nige done everyone a very great service?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 12:22 - Apr 23 with 4757 viewshampstead_blue

I think UKIP died a while back.

That is a very good thing as they are now sliding on oiled backsides to the right at breakneck speed.
Hopefully a few broken necks when they hit the wall!

I think Farage is trying to simplify things (as he did so well with UKIP early doors). He wants Out, nothing else. I say 'I think' as it's the impression I get.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 13:04 - Apr 23 with 4676 viewsfooters

'Too far beyond the pale for [Farage]'

Let that sink in, people.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 13:10 - Apr 23 with 4648 viewsDarth_Koont

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 13:04 - Apr 23 by footers

'Too far beyond the pale for [Farage]'

Let that sink in, people.

Indeed.

But, as Nigel is a chief dog-whistler of the right, it's probably just in the playground of politics he sees a difference. And with the Brexit Party it can be all about him again without Tommy Robinson stealing his thunder.

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 13:13 - Apr 23 with 4640 viewspositivity

farage is probably just as dangerous as batten, but he's a lot more media-savvy.

didn't the person who set up the party get chucked out for islamophobic tweets? sure there's plenty more there.

those polls seem to show a majority of people voting for parties supporting a second referendum (51% to 34%, not sure where to put the conservatives!)

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 13:15 - Apr 23 with 4634 viewsm14_blue

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 13:10 - Apr 23 by Darth_Koont

Indeed.

But, as Nigel is a chief dog-whistler of the right, it's probably just in the playground of politics he sees a difference. And with the Brexit Party it can be all about him again without Tommy Robinson stealing his thunder.

Exactly that.

He was happy to stand in front of that poster overtly appealing to racists during the referendum.

He's distanced himself from them now because he's concluded that it's politically expedient to do so.

And he wants it to be the Nigel show of course.
Login to get fewer ads

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 13:25 - Apr 23 with 4604 viewsBlueBadger

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 12:17 - Apr 23 by chicoazul

I think I agree with all of this. So you have to wonder, has Nige done everyone a very great service?

The only person Nige is interested in doing a great service to is Nige.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 13:29 - Apr 23 with 4579 viewscrunchie1978

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 13:25 - Apr 23 by BlueBadger

He's always making plans........for NIGEL!
Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 13:31 - Apr 23 with 4560 viewsGlasgowBlue

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 12:17 - Apr 23 by chicoazul

He’s done to UKip what he did to the BNP.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 13:37 - Apr 23 with 4529 viewschicoazul

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 13:25 - Apr 23 by BlueBadger

But on this occasion has he, inadvertently if you prefer, done more for progressives and antifash in this country than anyone else has for many many years?

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 13:39 - Apr 23 with 4519 viewschicoazul

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 13:31 - Apr 23 by GlasgowBlue

He’s done to UKip what he did to the BNP.

It's confusing a lot of otherwise-clever people.

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 13:41 - Apr 23 with 4496 viewsDarth_Koont

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 13:37 - Apr 23 by chicoazul

But on this occasion has he, inadvertently if you prefer, done more for progressives and antifash in this country than anyone else has for many many years?

Playing to the undercurrents of hate rather than the overt hate?

That's like saying Trump has done well to steal the KKK's thunder when of course this form of populist approval just legitimises the far-right loons ever further.

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 13:44 - Apr 23 with 4485 viewsballycastle

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 13:41 - Apr 23 by Darth_Koont

Playing to the undercurrents of hate rather than the overt hate?

That's like saying Trump has done well to steal the KKK's thunder when of course this form of populist approval just legitimises the far-right loons ever further.

Care to define populist?
Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 13:45 - Apr 23 with 4480 viewsitfcjoe

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 13:39 - Apr 23 by chicoazul

It's confusing a lot of otherwise-clever people.

Is it not just moving more of the mainstream further right? He'll soon be pulling the strings of the Conservative party and shifting them further across in my view.

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 13:47 - Apr 23 with 4471 viewschicoazul

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 13:45 - Apr 23 by itfcjoe

Is it not just moving more of the mainstream further right? He'll soon be pulling the strings of the Conservative party and shifting them further across in my view.

I would need to know what right-wing things Nigel believes in apart from economic theories.

EDIT; I am also not sure I agree the mainstream is right wing. It seems very much the most popular non Brexit political policies in the UK are egalitarian ones
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 13:50]

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 13:54 - Apr 23 with 4431 viewsitfcjoe

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 13:47 - Apr 23 by chicoazul

I would need to know what right-wing things Nigel believes in apart from economic theories.

EDIT; I am also not sure I agree the mainstream is right wing. It seems very much the most popular non Brexit political policies in the UK are egalitarian ones
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 13:50]

Total free market thinking, wanting the UK to effectively be a tax haven. Tiny state and privatisation of the NHS.

EDIT - And I'm really only talking about Conservatism as he sees it, not views on immigrants/immigration etc as I'd wager he is all for that deep down as realistically helps the rich get richer.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 13:56]

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 13:56 - Apr 23 with 4422 viewschicoazul

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 13:54 - Apr 23 by itfcjoe

Total free market thinking, wanting the UK to effectively be a tax haven. Tiny state and privatisation of the NHS.

EDIT - And I'm really only talking about Conservatism as he sees it, not views on immigrants/immigration etc as I'd wager he is all for that deep down as realistically helps the rich get richer.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 13:56]

Those are mostly economic apart from the tiny state part. But I take your point and will look into it myself a bit more! I jut think its very interesting how he has totally poleaxed Ukip to the point where Sargon of Akaard is a candidate for them.

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 13:58 - Apr 23 with 4413 viewsitfcjoe

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 13:56 - Apr 23 by chicoazul

Those are mostly economic apart from the tiny state part. But I take your point and will look into it myself a bit more! I jut think its very interesting how he has totally poleaxed Ukip to the point where Sargon of Akaard is a candidate for them.

It feels like he's dragging out the more moderates from these parties and cutting off the rest to make them more palatable.

But he has to leave the looneys behind, and bring the moderates with him as opposed to pushing the looneys out, as that clearly doesn't work.

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 16:08 - Apr 23 with 4310 viewsElderGrizzly

Farage is a racist and an Islamophobe. Whether he wears a UKIP badge or a Brexit party badge, the person is the same. Anyone taken in by the chameleon act deserves all they get.

A vile, opportunistic racist who will continue to attract like minded people to his party.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 16:09]
Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 16:31 - Apr 23 with 4248 viewsDarth_Koont

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 13:44 - Apr 23 by ballycastle

Care to define populist?

There are lots of definitions. Rest assured I mean populism in the style of a demagogue who plays on people's prejudice and ignorance.

There's lots wrong with our politicians and political system but Farage uses and abuses that to go even further towards the dark side. He's a guttersniping, scapegoating, fear-mongering, over-simplifying and manipulative little sh!t.

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 17:14 - Apr 23 with 4185 viewsgazzer1999

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 16:08 - Apr 23 by ElderGrizzly

Farage is a racist and an Islamophobe. Whether he wears a UKIP badge or a Brexit party badge, the person is the same. Anyone taken in by the chameleon act deserves all they get.

A vile, opportunistic racist who will continue to attract like minded people to his party.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 16:09]

Thats like saying Jeremy Corbin is anti jewish, when there is no proof for either personally.
Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 17:31 - Apr 23 with 4156 viewsDarth_Koont

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 17:14 - Apr 23 by gazzer1999

Thats like saying Jeremy Corbin is anti jewish, when there is no proof for either personally.

When Jeremy Corbyn says we need to leave the EU (or do anything else) because of "the Jews" then maybe you'll have a point.

Farage scapegoats and spreads fear about the EU via brown-skinned and Muslim immigrants. In fact, it was the Syrian refugee crisis that gave him his biggest campaign message and photo op.

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 19:02 - Apr 23 with 4078 viewsballycastle

Nigel Farage and his Brexit party on 16:31 - Apr 23 by Darth_Koont

There are lots of definitions. Rest assured I mean populism in the style of a demagogue who plays on people's prejudice and ignorance.

There's lots wrong with our politicians and political system but Farage uses and abuses that to go even further towards the dark side. He's a guttersniping, scapegoating, fear-mongering, over-simplifying and manipulative little sh!t.

That's Corbynbin a nutshell.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024