Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... 16:20 - Apr 23 with 6161 viewsITFC_Forever

...given the £££ for reaching the Prem these days.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 16:21 - Apr 23 with 5389 viewsJ2BLUE

It's what the play off final would be if third place got to hand pick their opponent.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 16:23 - Apr 23 with 5382 viewsSuffolkBlade

You mean it's the biggest in history for our feuding owners. Doubt Wilder will see 1/10th of the TV money we've got coming. He'll still do a sound job though and if nothing else we'd surprise a few big guns.

Got to get past you (or Stoke) first though and if anyone can screw this up, United can...
Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 16:25 - Apr 23 with 5366 viewsITFC_Forever

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 16:21 - Apr 23 by J2BLUE

It's what the play off final would be if third place got to hand pick their opponent.

If you were a Blunt, you wouldn't have picked a better game than to play us, or maybe Bolton or QPR given the form they're both in as well.

We've had our run-ins with Sheff Utd over the years, but I've got to admit I'm incredibly jealous of the position they're in.

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 16:26 - Apr 23 with 5354 viewsReuser_is_God

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 16:25 - Apr 23 by ITFC_Forever

If you were a Blunt, you wouldn't have picked a better game than to play us, or maybe Bolton or QPR given the form they're both in as well.

We've had our run-ins with Sheff Utd over the years, but I've got to admit I'm incredibly jealous of the position they're in.

They're great fun to watch too.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 16:27 - Apr 23 with 5352 viewsJ2BLUE

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 16:25 - Apr 23 by ITFC_Forever

I know it won't happen but I would love to see us take a point. Nothing against Sheff U, in fact I quite like them, but the constant comments from pundits like it's a done deal are annoying me.

Truly impaired.

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 16:27 - Apr 23 with 5352 viewsReuser_is_God

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 16:23 - Apr 23 by SuffolkBlade

You mean it's the biggest in history for our feuding owners. Doubt Wilder will see 1/10th of the TV money we've got coming. He'll still do a sound job though and if nothing else we'd surprise a few big guns.

Got to get past you (or Stoke) first though and if anyone can screw this up, United can...

There is no way you won't beat us.

We could put in our best performance of the season & we will lose. You're up.

Evans out

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 16:28 - Apr 23 with 5318 viewsJ2BLUE

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 16:27 - Apr 23 by Reuser_is_God

Leeds fans must be loving our fighting spirit.

Truly impaired.

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 16:31 - Apr 23 with 5306 viewsReuser_is_God

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 16:28 - Apr 23 by J2BLUE

It's the truth.

I'm sure we'll go & give it our all but we just won't be good enough.

Evans out

Login to get fewer ads

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 16:33 - Apr 23 with 5298 viewsITFC_Forever

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 16:23 - Apr 23 by SuffolkBlade

Genuine question.....What's going on between the owners then? First I'd heard of it? Dispute between themselves? Or between them and Wilder?

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 16:34 - Apr 23 with 5284 viewsPJH

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 16:28 - Apr 23 by J2BLUE

The only thing that we have got to fight for is to possibly make our game against Leeds interesting again.
Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 16:34 - Apr 23 with 5287 viewsReuser_is_God

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 16:33 - Apr 23 by ITFC_Forever

Genuine question.....What's going on between the owners then? First I'd heard of it? Dispute between themselves? Or between them and Wilder?

Both wanting to buy each other out of the club.

Evans out

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 16:35 - Apr 23 with 5271 viewsJ2BLUE

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 16:31 - Apr 23 by Reuser_is_God

It's the truth.

I'm sure we'll go & give it our all but we just won't be good enough.

It is. Can't argue with it.

Truly impaired.

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 17:07 - Apr 23 with 5141 viewsmonty_radio

"given the £££ for reaching the Prem these days" - certainly no contesting the money available issue. But we constantly tell our friends a little to the North that history is a permanent and that no amount of modern mega-bucks can overthrow it.

Given that, Sheff Utd have won the league once, and the cup three times.

Yes it was aeons ago, even before Town's rise through the leagues, but how many on here witnessed Ramsey's triumphs or even Bobby's?

It would be great to share what is coming to the Blades - but great is not greatness.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 17:08 - Apr 23 with 5134 viewsPJH

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 17:07 - Apr 23 by monty_radio

"given the £££ for reaching the Prem these days" - certainly no contesting the money available issue. But we constantly tell our friends a little to the North that history is a permanent and that no amount of modern mega-bucks can overthrow it.

Given that, Sheff Utd have won the league once, and the cup three times.

Yes it was aeons ago, even before Town's rise through the leagues, but how many on here witnessed Ramsey's triumphs or even Bobby's?

It would be great to share what is coming to the Blades - but great is not greatness.

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 17:13 - Apr 23 with 5116 viewsSteve_M

Or the biggest since they bottled a straightforward home game against Wigan to stay in the Premier League (for all the moaning about West Ham's cheating that was poor). THey've got an awful play-off record too, four defeats in finals I think.

Not that it will be a problem for them on Saturday, Leeds bottling everything this weekend sees to that.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 17:23 - Apr 23 with 5076 viewschicoazul

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 16:26 - Apr 23 by Reuser_is_God

They're great fun to watch too.

And this probably won tbe a popular opinion but I will be delighted yo see Didz play in the Premier League as he deserves it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 17:33 - Apr 23 with 5031 viewsvapour_trail

Give over.

They’ve won the league and four FA cups.

Winning promotion and some money doesn’t compare to any of that in the historical sense unless you’re selling a tv subscription.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 18:09 - Apr 23 with 4924 viewsfactual_blue

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 16:27 - Apr 23 by Reuser_is_God

Even if we give an improved performance?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 19:30 - Apr 23 with 4763 viewsITFC_Forever

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 17:33 - Apr 23 by vapour_trail

Give over.

They’ve won the league and four FA cups.

Winning promotion and some money doesn’t compare to any of that in the historical sense unless you’re selling a tv subscription.

Overdoing it slightly perhaps, but not by too much.

They won the League in 1898 and last won the FA Cup in 1925, so it is the biggest game of nearly all their supporters that are still alive and almost certainly everyone who’ll be in the ground on Saturday.

And while money isn’t everything, the kind of money in the Prem now just for one season can make an enormous difference to a club that’s not been in it for ten or more years.

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 19:41 - Apr 23 with 4738 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 19:30 - Apr 23 by ITFC_Forever

Overdoing it slightly perhaps, but not by too much.

They won the League in 1898 and last won the FA Cup in 1925, so it is the biggest game of nearly all their supporters that are still alive and almost certainly everyone who’ll be in the ground on Saturday.

And while money isn’t everything, the kind of money in the Prem now just for one season can make an enormous difference to a club that’s not been in it for ten or more years.

I’d also argue that an FA Cup semi-final against Sheffield Wednesday was far bigger, which happened in the lifetime of a lot of their support

This may be the most consequential though

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

It’ll be one of their easiest too... on 19:42 - Apr 23 with 4731 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nft

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 08:10 - Apr 24 with 4264 viewsSuffolkBlade

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 16:33 - Apr 23 by ITFC_Forever

It's complicated. Basically McCabe sold 50% of his shares to a Saudi Prince (let's call him HRH) for a quid on the basis he'd invest £10m in the club. It went OK for a while but then HRH did something McC didn't like so he decided to invoke a clause in the contract that allowed McC to make a bid for HRH's shares for a derisory £5m. The clause meant that to avoid selling at a loss, HRH had to make a counter offer of at least £5m and one penny. But, making a counter offer triggered another clause that meant HRH had to first buy share options for £10m. So in reality, McC could get out and get £10m. HRH triggered the clause but then moved some of his shares to another company meaning he no longer owned enough shares for the share option to trigger.

So, they fell out and decided to take it to court. This was halfway through last season.

Both being adults, they realised that whilst they were battling in court, they didn't want the club to suffer too much, so they agreed to both put in another £1.5m each to fund the losses for this financial year (the sale of Brooks covering the rest and providing a modes war chest for Wilder).

It seems, allegedly, that HRH hasn't coughed up his £1.5m, so now McC has taken own an injunction to make HRH disclose his financial affairs, as McC believes the reason for not paying the agreed £1.5m is that he doesn't have two Emirati Dinah to rub together. The court just denied the injunction, so now we have to wait and see what happens.

Of course if, IF, we get into the PL the stakes become significantly higher so McC might decide he no longer wants to walk away.

Sorry, boring I know, but it's a miracle we've got where we are with this going on in the background.
Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 08:15 - Apr 24 with 4259 viewsSuffolkBlade

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 08:10 - Apr 24 by SuffolkBlade

It's complicated. Basically McCabe sold 50% of his shares to a Saudi Prince (let's call him HRH) for a quid on the basis he'd invest £10m in the club. It went OK for a while but then HRH did something McC didn't like so he decided to invoke a clause in the contract that allowed McC to make a bid for HRH's shares for a derisory £5m. The clause meant that to avoid selling at a loss, HRH had to make a counter offer of at least £5m and one penny. But, making a counter offer triggered another clause that meant HRH had to first buy share options for £10m. So in reality, McC could get out and get £10m. HRH triggered the clause but then moved some of his shares to another company meaning he no longer owned enough shares for the share option to trigger.

So, they fell out and decided to take it to court. This was halfway through last season.

Both being adults, they realised that whilst they were battling in court, they didn't want the club to suffer too much, so they agreed to both put in another £1.5m each to fund the losses for this financial year (the sale of Brooks covering the rest and providing a modes war chest for Wilder).

It seems, allegedly, that HRH hasn't coughed up his £1.5m, so now McC has taken own an injunction to make HRH disclose his financial affairs, as McC believes the reason for not paying the agreed £1.5m is that he doesn't have two Emirati Dinah to rub together. The court just denied the injunction, so now we have to wait and see what happens.

Of course if, IF, we get into the PL the stakes become significantly higher so McC might decide he no longer wants to walk away.

Sorry, boring I know, but it's a miracle we've got where we are with this going on in the background.

History is good (and yes we do have a reasonable history compared to odious clubs like Norwich, not just in trophies but landmarks, like first live radio commentary, first floodlit match, first United ec) but the future is what matters, and this could be the making (or breaking) of our club.

This Twitter thread (by a Wednesday fan of all things) is brilliant in terms of what a difference being in the Premier League can make for a two club city like Sheffield (it's worth a read for anyone interested in football finance):

BTW - how do you think you'll approach Saturday? Park the bus and try to grab a goal on the break or from a mistake, or go for it to see what your youngsters are capable of?
Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 08:21 - Apr 24 with 4227 viewsHerbivore

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 08:15 - Apr 24 by SuffolkBlade

History is good (and yes we do have a reasonable history compared to odious clubs like Norwich, not just in trophies but landmarks, like first live radio commentary, first floodlit match, first United ec) but the future is what matters, and this could be the making (or breaking) of our club.

This Twitter thread (by a Wednesday fan of all things) is brilliant in terms of what a difference being in the Premier League can make for a two club city like Sheffield (it's worth a read for anyone interested in football finance):

BTW - how do you think you'll approach Saturday? Park the bus and try to grab a goal on the break or from a mistake, or go for it to see what your youngsters are capable of?

We'll try to play to win but you'll barely notice.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 08:23 - Apr 24 with 4220 viewsPJH

Sheff Utd's game against us must be the biggest in their history... on 08:15 - Apr 24 by SuffolkBlade

Paul Lambert does not do park the bus and grab a goal on the break-if he did we might not be getting relegated.

I imagine it will be like most of our games from our point of view, we will play some nice passes but rarely get anywhere.

I suppose if you do not score early then your support will start to get a bit tense which in turn will make your player's tense.

I think Leeds have made things pretty easy for you with their last two results because if they were still level with you(or better) then Saturday and our game against Leeds would both be ramped up a few more notches.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024