Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Successes and flops of the season? 16:23 - Apr 23 with 4703 viewsBluefish

Successes have to be the return of Bish, Downes pushing on a bit more, Lankester breaking through and possibly the loans of Judge and Keane

Flops. Jackson and Edwards, both look so far out of their depth that you wonder how they play above conference level. Quaner turning up with an apparent pedigree and being an absolute cart horse. His touch to try and control a throw in yesterday came off his knees and landed 10 yards away.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Successes and flops of the season? on 17:18 - Apr 23 with 1419 viewsGarv

Successes and flops of the season? on 16:50 - Apr 23 by Herbivore

Any successes are incredibly partial. I'm struggling to think of any. Lankester looks a prospect but he played about 5 times. Bishop looks like he may finally be fit and has shown glimpses, that's about it.

Flops - everyone else essentially. I don't think many have been unmitigated disasters individually, most players have shown something of value at some point. However, collectively they've been utterly hopeless. Our two managers have not covered themselves in any glory in trying to get the best out of them.

Lankester has played 11 times according to Wiki.

I think for instant impact he does deserve a mention. I don't know if it was his debut but the free kick he hit the post from against West Brom showed he had something and the goal against Millwall was very well taken.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Successes and flops of the season? on 17:21 - Apr 23 with 1407 viewsHerbivore

Successes and flops of the season? on 17:18 - Apr 23 by Garv

Lankester has played 11 times according to Wiki.

I think for instant impact he does deserve a mention. I don't know if it was his debut but the free kick he hit the post from against West Brom showed he had something and the goal against Millwall was very well taken.

Five starts and six sub appearances, which is a bit more than I thought. He's the closest thing to a success story this season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Successes and flops of the season? on 17:30 - Apr 23 with 1396 viewsRadlett_blue

Bit harsh on Edwards, who at times has shown the potential he has & does get into the box.
I'll ignore the loanees, but none of the rest of Hurst's signings have looked up to the mark, although Harrison showed some talent before becoming yet another permanent sick note.
The established players have also largely let us down as they should have been the spine, especially Bart (woeful), Chambers & Skuse.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Successes and flops of the season? on 19:40 - Apr 23 with 1336 viewsreusersfreekicks

Successes and flops of the season? on 16:27 - Apr 23 by Bluefish

I'm not sure Donacien is as bad as it seems really, it was a fiasco but he did ok generally when he played and was more a victim of the crazy loan situation and then Paul Lambert clearly carrying some sort of personal grudge. He has gone straight back into a seemingly competitive Accrington side.

Edwards is not a footballer

Ah the old not a footballer cliche. Rot frankly
Successes and flops of the season? on 20:37 - Apr 23 with 1309 viewsBrixtonBlue

Successes and flops of the season? on 16:27 - Apr 23 by Bluefish

I'm not sure Donacien is as bad as it seems really, it was a fiasco but he did ok generally when he played and was more a victim of the crazy loan situation and then Paul Lambert clearly carrying some sort of personal grudge. He has gone straight back into a seemingly competitive Accrington side.

Edwards is not a footballer

If Edwards is not a footballer he's done well to be our joint top scorer.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Successes and flops of the season? on 20:40 - Apr 23 with 1303 viewsPJH

Successes and flops of the season? on 20:37 - Apr 23 by BrixtonBlue

He has also done well not to get sent off the way that he sometimes goes into challenges.
Successes and flops of the season? on 20:43 - Apr 23 with 1292 viewsjas0999

Lankaster and Judge the only positives for me.

Need to add a Hurst and Evans to that flop list.
Successes and flops of the season? on 20:46 - Apr 23 with 1289 viewsBluefish

Successes and flops of the season? on 20:37 - Apr 23 by BrixtonBlue

I know you desperately want to score points but you do realise that top goalscorer for Ipswich isn't exactly a hot competition....especially under Lambert

Login to get fewer ads

Successes and flops of the season? on 20:49 - Apr 23 with 1280 viewsPJH

Successes and flops of the season? on 20:46 - Apr 23 by Bluefish

I know you desperately want to score points but you do realise that top goalscorer for Ipswich isn't exactly a hot competition....especially under Lambert

Colin Viljoen was our leading goalscorer in 1969/70 with 6.

Totally irrelevant but I just thought that I would mention it.
Successes and flops of the season? on 20:51 - Apr 23 with 1277 viewsBluefish

Successes and flops of the season? on 20:49 - Apr 23 by PJH

How many did Claus get?

Successes and flops of the season? on 20:51 - Apr 23 with 1273 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Successes and flops of the season? on 20:49 - Apr 23 by PJH

He’s no Claus Thomsen

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Successes and flops of the season? on 22:20 - Apr 23 with 1229 viewsBrixtonBlue

Successes and flops of the season? on 20:46 - Apr 23 by Bluefish

It's a decent return for a winger who's been in and out of form for the bottom team.

I'm not desperate to score points, I'm desperate to show you're talking bobbins saying he's not a footballer, and I think I achieved that aim.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024