Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weird stance... 18:45 - Apr 23 with 15286 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Weird stance... on 21:59 - Apr 23 with 2834 viewsBlue_Order

Weird stance... on 21:48 - Apr 23 by Bluefish

Rotterdam, st etienne, Aberdeen or Rome is superb

That one never seems to take off that well or carry on long enough.

I could happily sing it for 15 minutes straight.
Weird stance... on 22:07 - Apr 23 with 2800 viewsBluefish

Weird stance... on 21:59 - Apr 23 by Blue_Order

I've been singing it all day

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Weird stance... on 22:34 - Apr 23 with 2735 viewsITFC_Forever

Weird stance... on 21:59 - Apr 23 by Blue_Order

It’s getting there, more people are starting to pick up the words to it through repetition, same as Allez.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Weird stance... on 22:49 - Apr 23 with 2721 viewsDarth_Koont

Weird stance... on 19:26 - Apr 23 by SitfcB

Probably the best apology I've ever seen.

BA have gone further up in my estimation. Keep up the good work and I hope the bond can be strengthened between them and the club.

Let's be honest, the club weren't going to make shedloads from mugs so it was more about recognising BA than anything else.

Pronouns: He/Him

Weird stance... on 06:44 - Apr 24 with 2594 viewsITFC_Forever

Weird stance... on 22:49 - Apr 23 by Darth_Koont

Probably the best apology I've ever seen.

BA have gone further up in my estimation. Keep up the good work and I hope the bond can be strengthened between them and the club.

Let's be honest, the club weren't going to make shedloads from mugs so it was more about recognising BA than anything else.

“The club aren’t going to make shed-loads from mugs”.... there’s a joke in there somewhere...

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Weird stance... on 08:21 - Apr 24 with 2497 viewsKropotkin123

Weird stance... on 21:56 - Apr 23 by Blue_Order

It’s not on the merch, just in the photo with it. Our logo on our banner.

A silly thing to get annoyed about, but annoy us it did.

We’ll live and learn, and hope people will still wave flags for our display next weekend

Only human. Interesting to hear the full story. Either way, you've been great for the club. Take pride in the fact the situation has come full circle.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Weird stance... on 08:53 - Apr 24 with 2451 viewsWeWereZombies

Weird stance... on 06:44 - Apr 24 by ITFC_Forever

“The club aren’t going to make shed-loads from mugs”.... there’s a joke in there somewhere...

Probably true, after all we never do well in the cup...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Weird stance... on 09:20 - Apr 24 with 2421 viewsSamWhiteUK

I know this has all been resolved now, but it really was a bizarre thing to be annoyed about.

When you're setting up a group, a brand, to create atmosphere in the stadium, and amass a following... you'd think that the club using a photo of the banner that you created to accomplish said task (note, not stealing the logo at all) would be a flattering thing.

It's like a musician putting out music and then getting annoyed that it gets played on the radio
Login to get fewer ads

"Anyone can take a picture of something with something in the background" on 09:24 - Apr 24 with 2412 viewsDyland

Weird stance... on 19:30 - Apr 23 by SitfcB

They haven’t used anyone’s logo. Anyone can take a picture of something with something in the background.

Besides, the banner is in the stadium, the club can do what they want with it really.

That's not strictly true. It depends what you are doing with the photo, where you shot it, and what exactly the "something in the background" is.

This is my bag innit.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

It's completely fair enough on 09:27 - Apr 24 with 2413 viewsDyland

Blue Action are independent of ITFC. That's important (to them).

There's nothing OTT in the wording of this tweet imo.

Weird stance... on 09:30 - Apr 24 with 2391 viewstextbackup

Weird stance... on 21:57 - Apr 23 by Reuser_is_God

Completely disagree.

We need to sing songs longer & slower & less anti Norwich stuff. It becomes really tedious when we’re not playing them.

anti Norwich songs are the pits. especially now......

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

It's completely fair enough on 09:39 - Apr 24 with 2374 viewsGuthrum

It's completely fair enough on 09:27 - Apr 24 by Dyland

Blue Action are independent of ITFC. That's important (to them).

There's nothing OTT in the wording of this tweet imo.

I think it was just a slightly awkward choice of phrase ('distance themselves from'), which normally implies a quite strong unwillingness to be associated with.

Better might perhaps have been: "We would like to point out that this is not official Blue Action merchandise." Perhaps adding in something supportive afterwards.

Public relations is a tricky business and even experienced professionals get it wrong sometimes.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Weird stance... on 09:47 - Apr 24 with 2353 viewsGuthrum

Weird stance... on 19:34 - Apr 23 by SitfcB

Social media has played a big part in that.

Social media wasn’t as prolific back then. Times have changed, rapidly.

No, I mean they, I was involved but wasn’t a founder nor a massive contributer, I stood there for a few games but didn’t like the view, and it just sort of fizzled out anyway.

S6 gave it a good go, but they were not as well organised, had a more limited vision (just encouraging fans to sing rather than creating a more holistic grass-roots movement), as you say lacked some of the social media framework and also arrived at a less opportune moment (a time of continuity in the doldrums, rather than radical change).

Perhaps without S6, BA may never have happened. Certainly they have learnt from the experience and built upon that.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

It's completely fair enough on 10:46 - Apr 24 with 2303 viewsDyland

It's completely fair enough on 09:39 - Apr 24 by Guthrum

I think it was just a slightly awkward choice of phrase ('distance themselves from'), which normally implies a quite strong unwillingness to be associated with.

Better might perhaps have been: "We would like to point out that this is not official Blue Action merchandise." Perhaps adding in something supportive afterwards.

Public relations is a tricky business and even experienced professionals get it wrong sometimes.

All I read in Sitters' post was -

"As flattered as we might be that the club are using our logo to promote their new range of merchandise based on a version of a song we introduced at Portman Road, we want to make it clear that we don’t endorse these products or wish to be associated with them."

It's completely fair enough on 10:50 - Apr 24 with 2298 viewsPJH

It's completely fair enough on 09:39 - Apr 24 by Guthrum

Maybe Blue Action could get Paul Lambert to do their PR in his spare time.

Everybody happy then.
Weird stance... on 11:05 - Apr 24 with 2267 viewsitfcjoe

I don't see what was weird about that - they are a fans movement and think it is off from the club to effectively try and blatantly sell off the back of it and make it look like they are an official fans group.

They should have been consulted, and I think the climbdown was too quick and unnecessary, but happened because too many people who seemingly don't understand what an independent fans group are laid into them

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Weird stance... on 11:10 - Apr 24 with 2227 viewsJ2BLUE

Weird stance... on 11:05 - Apr 24 by itfcjoe

I don't see what was weird about that - they are a fans movement and think it is off from the club to effectively try and blatantly sell off the back of it and make it look like they are an official fans group.

They should have been consulted, and I think the climbdown was too quick and unnecessary, but happened because too many people who seemingly don't understand what an independent fans group are laid into them

Completely agree.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Weird stance... on 13:59 - Apr 24 with 2135 viewsBecclesITFC

Weird stance... on 21:13 - Apr 23 by Blue_Order

Something like that, mate.

We took the huff when we saw that merch as it just felt like a bit of a piÅ›s-take. 6 months ago they stopped us from using the badge on our stickers (copyright, whatever, fair enough), but now we’ve gained a bit of respect, they’re happy to use our logo to promote their merch without asking if we’d mind.

It was stupid to tweet it, and we made a right shït-show of doing so, but it was only really meant to distance ourselves from it, despite having those feelings about it. We over reacted, worded it all wrong, and should get more sleep at night to stop us being diçkheads.

This won't be too popular this post, but it's true.

If the club start selling your name in the club shop, you will suddenly look a bit naff. Everyone will look buy a t'shirt, wear it all around the ground and away fans will find it funny. It will have the opposite appeal to what happened at Palace and their fans section.

Keep it to yourselves and fans to join you.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 14:05]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024