Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Lambert gets us off to a good start next season 19:35 - Apr 23 with 1853 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Can yoi imagine how the place will be rocking. I know results have been disappointing but he has good pedegree, you only have to listen to the players to understand he has brought ideas and knows football.

Even with terrible results and coming with Norwich baggage he has done wonders off the field. If (for me it feels like when) he starts adding results next season we have a chance to have a really special atmosphere at the club. If we can get promotion we'll be flying.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

If Lambert gets us off to a good start next season on 19:41 - Apr 23 with 1825 viewsSuperblue95

Agreed but it’s a massive if given the season we’ve had and his recent record as a manager

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

If Lambert gets us off to a good start next season on 19:41 - Apr 23 with 1826 viewsPJH

Although not getting relegated would have been a better idea.

I agree that PL has been great at all of the off field stuff but at some point results will have to be a lot better than "disappointing".

I don't think he has any option other than having to get off to a good start.

Agree that if he does then the place will be rocking but if he doesn't I am not sure what will happen.
If Lambert gets us off to a good start next season on 19:46 - Apr 23 with 1802 viewsANNA3ROA

IF? His record so far is C*** For me the honeymoon is over. IF? after the first 5 Div 1 games we do not win one game I say get rid...
If Lambert gets us off to a good start next season on 19:51 - Apr 23 with 1775 viewsSwansea_Blue

No I can’t. Hopefully he will get off to a good start, but I’m struggling to see a less than half full PR rocking. Not that it really matters. As long as people have a good day out it’s up to them how excitable they get.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If Lambert gets us off to a good start next season on 20:07 - Apr 23 with 1704 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If Lambert gets us off to a good start next season on 19:51 - Apr 23 by Swansea_Blue

No I can’t. Hopefully he will get off to a good start, but I’m struggling to see a less than half full PR rocking. Not that it really matters. As long as people have a good day out it’s up to them how excitable they get.

If town are winning, the attendance will improve on this season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If Lambert gets us off to a good start next season on 20:30 - Apr 23 with 1646 viewstractorboy1978

I don't see any middle ground personally. If we start fast and are top 6 come October I think we will be fine and carry that on through the season. However, a couple of early home defeats and plodding around mid table come October and I think PR could become a very tetchy place again.
If Lambert gets us off to a good start next season on 20:44 - Apr 23 with 1617 viewsMcGoaaaldrick

I went to the season ticket holder event pre game yesterday and Terry Butcher was stating how a flying start is not a necessity for any team challenging for promotion. He placed a bigger emphasis on the end of the season, which is of course correct. However, they way we have finished how easy would it be to start poorly and turn it around that would be my worry. John Walk also made the point that Lambert has made it very clear to him that he is looking for strikers next season as is obvious to us all.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 20:45]

Ian Marshall.....he scores when he wants.

If Lambert gets us off to a good start next season on 20:52 - Apr 23 with 1576 viewstractorboy1978

If Lambert gets us off to a good start next season on 20:44 - Apr 23 by McGoaaaldrick

I went to the season ticket holder event pre game yesterday and Terry Butcher was stating how a flying start is not a necessity for any team challenging for promotion. He placed a bigger emphasis on the end of the season, which is of course correct. However, they way we have finished how easy would it be to start poorly and turn it around that would be my worry. John Walk also made the point that Lambert has made it very clear to him that he is looking for strikers next season as is obvious to us all.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 20:45]

If you need 90 points for automatic, you can't afford to start too slowly. Personally, I think a quick start is essential for a team with such a losing habit and with a fan base generally expecting us to be there or thereabouts.
Login to get fewer ads

If Lambert gets us off to a good start next season on 21:03 - Apr 23 with 1552 viewsHARRY10

Having started from a pretty low threshold there wasn't really and further down we could go.

I suspect that having worked at a higher level and found us adrift he has pushed for some fairly basic stuff to be implemented. Wish would suggest he should have a wider role and bring in a good coach or two so Lambert can sort out a lot of off field problems that have been allowed to stagnate.

Have him as the face of the club, someone answerable to the supporters and solely responsible for what happens. We don't need any more glib slogans and pious words as with Bowden, Clegg, Milne and Evans.

Time to end the rot, sort out the shambles and get everyone back on the same track. Clear out the deadwood n the squad, sort out a ticketing price that gets supporters back into the ground.....and welcome those who want to help, if it is only cleaning up the place and even 'painting the turnstiles' !

There is so much goodwill out there, so let's use it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024