Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Line of Duty theory that just came to me 21:48 - Apr 23 with 1873 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

*** CONTAINS SPOILERS. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO KNOW THE SCORES PLEASE LOOK AWAY ***

Couldn’t get the whole Chicken Licken thing out of my head. DEFINATELY a clue.

That’s about someone falsely believing the sky is falling in. Corbett suspected the same with a bent copper running the show his sky falling in.

Thinking back to Hastings, in Series 1 we heard that he served in Northern Ireland and him and a colleague were set up and his mate died. He lived but statements were falsified and that kind of drove Ted to do what he did.

Now Corbett is what 40? He was adopted at 10 when his parents had both died. Ted is 60? The timeline fits for Corbetts Dad to have been Ted’s mate.

It was personal for Corbett. He has a grudge and has one against Ted. So what if he blames Hastings for his dad dying or believes Hastings covered something up. Maybe that’s why he’s desperate for him to be H.

I read the other day H block is THE block in Belfast’s most notorious prison. So maybe H is simply the top man from the prison back in the day now pulling the strings.

Whatever it is I can’t help feeling that with the ties to Series 1, Ryan, Jacqui’s body and all this that it’s hinting at something from the first series and Hastings back story for me now can’t be a coincidence. I reckon there’s a connection there.

No way did Mercurio just think it was funny to hear a scouse woman say chicken licken. It runs deeper.

Also think Lisa will be AC12 and that Hastings will be going off book to catch H and that he will turn out to be completely clean and maybe even acting under the orders of the DCC or something himself. I bet everything he’s doing is known about higher up.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Line of Duty theory that just came to me on 22:35 - Apr 23 with 1809 viewsGuthrum

Having sat through an episode the other night, I was just amazed that a major police department (or a supposedly cunning criminal gang, for that matter) could remain operational when staffed entirely by people so emotionally overwrought they can barely function, plus a few one-line cardboard cutouts.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Line of Duty theory that just came to me on 23:40 - Apr 23 with 1748 viewsfactual_blue

Line of Duty theory that just came to me on 22:35 - Apr 23 by Guthrum

Having sat through an episode the other night, I was just amazed that a major police department (or a supposedly cunning criminal gang, for that matter) could remain operational when staffed entirely by people so emotionally overwrought they can barely function, plus a few one-line cardboard cutouts.

Well I for one enjoy these 'fly on the wall' documentary series as they really get to the truth behind the scenes.

Eastenders is another fine example of the genre.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Line of Duty theory that just came to me on 10:40 - Apr 24 with 1559 views66notout

You could be on to something, but on the other hand...
By the way, your wrong spelling of definitely reminded me that Hastings did exactly the same in Sunday’s episode when he was ‘chatting’ to Corbett on his laptop.
Line of Duty theory that just came to me on 11:00 - Apr 24 with 1534 viewsLord_Lucan

Line of Duty theory that just came to me on 10:40 - Apr 24 by 66notout

You could be on to something, but on the other hand...
By the way, your wrong spelling of definitely reminded me that Hastings did exactly the same in Sunday’s episode when he was ‘chatting’ to Corbett on his laptop.

It was also spelt wrong before when Hastings wasn't seen typing.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Line of Duty theory that just came to me on 11:09 - Apr 24 with 1516 viewsitfcjoe

Line of Duty theory that just came to me on 11:00 - Apr 24 by Lord_Lucan

It was also spelt wrong before when Hastings wasn't seen typing.

Hastings was definitely the one communicating with Lisa - why we don't know as yet

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Line of Duty theory that just came to me on 11:21 - Apr 24 with 1499 viewsLord_Lucan

Line of Duty theory that just came to me on 11:09 - Apr 24 by itfcjoe

Hastings was definitely the one communicating with Lisa - why we don't know as yet

What's really p1ssed me off is that there is going to be another series. When this one started I was under the assumption that it was the last one, now we have the prospect of a non resolved final episode leading to another series which is likely to be even more fanciful than this one.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Line of Duty theory that just came to me on 11:23 - Apr 24 with 1493 viewsitfcjoe

Line of Duty theory that just came to me on 11:21 - Apr 24 by Lord_Lucan

What's really p1ssed me off is that there is going to be another series. When this one started I was under the assumption that it was the last one, now we have the prospect of a non resolved final episode leading to another series which is likely to be even more fanciful than this one.

This one doesn't feel that fanciful so far, but there is so much to unwind in 2 episodes I think there will be loads of questions.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Line of Duty theory that just came to me on 15:01 - Apr 24 with 1373 viewsflimflam

Line of Duty theory that just came to me on 11:21 - Apr 24 by Lord_Lucan

Possibly a 6th and 7th

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024