Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? 10:31 - Apr 24 with 15868 viewsArnieM

Someone suggested this on FB..... seems a good idea to me . At least it makes it a carnival atmosphere on top of an anticipated noisy one too. We all know we’re relegated . We can’t change that , so let’s go out on a high note and show the Country that ITFC fans have done class and are loyal.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 13:45 - Apr 24 with 2619 viewsITFC_Forever

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 12:14 - Apr 24 by PJH

Which presumably is why there were loads of inflatables at Bolton two or three weeks ago.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 12:32]

1500 shouldn't be considered a massive following..... not too long ago, our average was that and more.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 13:46 - Apr 24 with 2620 viewsPJH

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 13:40 - Apr 24 by Illinoisblue

why stop? Maybe give a little reminder to everyone - owner, manager, players - that our current situation is an embarrassing disgrace.

Certainly, as Paul Lambert keeps saying, the support is not normal.

I am a fan of almost everything that PL does but it is an undeniable fact that results have been very disappointing.

As I personally have always put results way above anything else I am surprising myself in still being fully behind PL but surely at some point we will all have to acknowledge the importance of results-much too late for that this season though.
Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 13:48 - Apr 24 with 2610 viewsPJH

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 13:45 - Apr 24 by ITFC_Forever

1500 shouldn't be considered a massive following..... not too long ago, our average was that and more.

Yes I agree, 1500 is not a massive following. My post was really just pointing out that Bolton appears to have been the inflatable day.
Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 13:58 - Apr 24 with 2596 viewsSouperJim

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 13:40 - Apr 24 by Illinoisblue

why stop? Maybe give a little reminder to everyone - owner, manager, players - that our current situation is an embarrassing disgrace.

You think they don't already know?

As loathe as I am to quote McCarthy, we need everyone on the inside pissing out, not on the outside pissing in.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:01 - Apr 24 with 2589 viewsIllinoisblue

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 13:58 - Apr 24 by SouperJim

You think they don't already know?

As loathe as I am to quote McCarthy, we need everyone on the inside pissing out, not on the outside pissing in.

truthfully it won't make a sod of difference if there's cheering or booing. It just seems it's all been a bit nice and self-congratulatory the last few weeks, considering this is the worst season ever in ITFC history.

I should add, apart from their ill-advised blub tweet yesterday, love what the Blue Action lot are doing.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:03 - Apr 24 with 2582 viewsITFC_Forever

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 13:48 - Apr 24 by PJH

Yes I agree, 1500 is not a massive following. My post was really just pointing out that Bolton appears to have been the inflatable day.

Yep, I get that.... not entirely sure why that was chosen and not Sheff Utd this weekend, as that's the last away game and the traditional date for such jollity.

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:03 - Apr 24 with 2578 viewsIllinoisblue

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 13:45 - Apr 24 by ITFC_Forever

on that note, I'm guessing our away numbers next season will increase significantly. New grounds to check off, less Northern treks and - god willing - a successful winning team to support.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:06 - Apr 24 with 2572 viewsBrixtonBlue

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 13:16 - Apr 24 by SouperJim

Did you think the scenes post-Birmingham were weird and that we were showing we were happy to be relegated?

This is another opportunity for the fans to show we are still behind the team. It's a meaningless game for us, why not have a bit of fun, enjoy the atmosphere and support the team? Or would you rather everyone was miserable, boo the players etc.

The alternatives aren't
1. Have inflatables.
2. Be miserable/boo the players.

You can have a bit of fun, enjoy the atmosphere and support the team without needing inflatables.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:08 - Apr 24 with 2564 viewsBrixtonBlue

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 12:48 - Apr 24 by never_lose_the_faith

@arnie.
Don’t let the usual miserable culprits dampen your spirit. I am with you mate. Last home game of the season, sun shining, beers flowing and enjoy the day out. I can’t wait for it, should be a great laugh.

Why do you need inflatables for those things? And why does someone not wanting to look tinpot by having inflatables mean they're miserable?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:09 - Apr 24 with 2560 viewsPJH

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:06 - Apr 24 by BrixtonBlue

The alternatives aren't
1. Have inflatables.
2. Be miserable/boo the players.

You can have a bit of fun, enjoy the atmosphere and support the team without needing inflatables.

Agree with that, we have had 43 of the 44 games this season without inflatables.

I don't recall anywhere other than Bolton where there have been inflatables-certainly not in any quantity.
Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:10 - Apr 24 with 2556 viewsSouperJim

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:08 - Apr 24 by BrixtonBlue

Why do you need inflatables for those things? And why does someone not wanting to look tinpot by having inflatables mean they're miserable?

Like what you've done there, but I don't think anyone other than you was attempting to polarise the argument in that way.

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:10 - Apr 24 with 2555 viewsBrixtonBlue

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 13:16 - Apr 24 by Illinoisblue

you haven't looked at the league table recently, have you?

Erm, Leeds are 3 points behind automatic with 6 points available. Which table are you looking at?

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:12 - Apr 24 with 2546 viewsITFC_Forever

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:10 - Apr 24 by BrixtonBlue

Erm, Leeds are 3 points behind automatic with 6 points available. Which table are you looking at?

The one which will put them 6 behind with a significantly worse GD with two to play, assuming the Blunts beat us on Saturday?

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:13 - Apr 24 with 2543 viewsPJH

and an inferior goal difference.

If Sheff U beat us it is as good as over.

I would be very surprised if Leeds come to PR with any realistic chance of automatic.
Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:13 - Apr 24 with 2541 viewsSouperJim

Maybe the form table, which has Leeds faltering badly going into their game with Villa on Sunday, who are top. Meanwhile, Sheffield Utd play us.

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:14 - Apr 24 with 2538 viewsITFC_Forever

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:03 - Apr 24 by Illinoisblue

on that note, I'm guessing our away numbers next season will increase significantly. New grounds to check off, less Northern treks and - god willing - a successful winning team to support.

Gold Membership could be invaluable on a number of occasions next season.... smaller grounds, larger away supports.

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:15 - Apr 24 with 2532 viewsPJH

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:13 - Apr 24 by SouperJim

Maybe the form table, which has Leeds faltering badly going into their game with Villa on Sunday, who are top. Meanwhile, Sheffield Utd play us.

I wish that there was still a chance of Sheff U and Leeds being the top two at the end-Leeds really cocked that up.
Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:15 - Apr 24 with 2524 viewsBrixtonBlue

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:10 - Apr 24 by SouperJim

Like what you've done there, but I don't think anyone other than you was attempting to polarise the argument in that way.

You literally posted "why not have a bit of fun, enjoy the atmosphere and support the team? Or would you rather everyone was miserable, boo the players etc."

I haven't attempted to polarise anything, you have.

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:20 - Apr 24 with 2503 viewsPJH

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:14 - Apr 24 by ITFC_Forever

Gold Membership could be invaluable on a number of occasions next season.... smaller grounds, larger away supports.

I have had Gold Membership going way back but you are right that there will be more value in it next season.
Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:22 - Apr 24 with 2490 viewsSouperJim

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:15 - Apr 24 by BrixtonBlue

You literally posted "why not have a bit of fun, enjoy the atmosphere and support the team? Or would you rather everyone was miserable, boo the players etc."

I haven't attempted to polarise anything, you have.

In response to the idea that Leeds at home would be our "Cup Final" if we bring inflatables and would give the impression we're happy with going down.

It is possible to have an enjoyable game without inflatables, however, they add to the fun. Isn't that why people bring them? Similarly, you can be critical of the current situation, yet still make some attempt to have an enjoyable day out, rather than have a monk on for 90 minutes.

What's the point in coming to the game at all if you're so disgruntled with the current state of affairs?

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:23 - Apr 24 with 2487 viewsITFC_Forever

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:20 - Apr 24 by PJH

I have had Gold Membership going way back but you are right that there will be more value in it next season.

Yep, we've had it ever since it was introduced 20+ years ago... proven to be invaluable over the years.

If you plan to go to away games, I don't know why you wouldn't have it.... still, don't tell everyone, or they'll all want it and it's usefulness will diminish.

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:24 - Apr 24 with 2486 viewsBrixtonBlue

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:13 - Apr 24 by PJH

and an inferior goal difference.

If Sheff U beat us it is as good as over.

I would be very surprised if Leeds come to PR with any realistic chance of automatic.

You, Illinois and ITFCForever are making a lot assumptions.

1. Sheff U away is the sort of place we'd get a shock result, particularly if they start getting nervous.

2. Sheffield have to travel to Stoke - not easy.

3. Leeds have Villa at home. They'll be throwing everything at it - but equally could start getting nervous. Villa have won 10 in a row for the first time in their history - is that a run that will come to an end eventually? Could it be at Leeds? Quite possibly.

Lots of twists and turns could happen yet. To say it's done and dusted is just folly, and I'll guarantee the Sheffield manager won't be hearing any of that talk.

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:29 - Apr 24 with 2464 viewsSouperJim

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:24 - Apr 24 by BrixtonBlue

1. Sheff U away is the sort of place we'd get a shock result, particularly if they start getting nervous.

3. Leeds have Villa at home. They'll be throwing everything at it - but equally could start getting nervous. Villa have won 10 in a row for the first time in their history - is that a run that will come to an end eventually? Could it be at Leeds? Quite possibly.

Lots of twists and turns could happen yet. To say it's done and dusted is just folly, and I'll guarantee the Sheffield manager won't be hearing any of that talk.

So when you said if we bring inflatables we'll just be helping Leeds celebrate their promotion, you made no such similar assumptions?

Pot kettle old chap.

Yes, the situation is dire. Might as well let the band play on I say.

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:30 - Apr 24 with 2462 viewsPJH

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:24 - Apr 24 by BrixtonBlue

All that we are saying is that it looks very unlikely that Leeds will be coming to PR with a realistic chance of automatic-you said that that game will be their promotion party.

It is a fair assumption that Sheff U will beat us and if they do it is as good as over.

Certainly the Sheff U manager will be telling them that they still have work to do but if I was a Sheff U fan I would believe that my team was on the cusp of automatic.

As I said on another post I wish that both Sheff U and Leeds were going to go up automatically.
Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:30 - Apr 24 with 2456 viewsBrixtonBlue

Inflatables day for the Leeds at home? on 14:22 - Apr 24 by SouperJim

In response to the idea that Leeds at home would be our "Cup Final" if we bring inflatables and would give the impression we're happy with going down.

It is possible to have an enjoyable game without inflatables, however, they add to the fun. Isn't that why people bring them? Similarly, you can be critical of the current situation, yet still make some attempt to have an enjoyable day out, rather than have a monk on for 90 minutes.

What's the point in coming to the game at all if you're so disgruntled with the current state of affairs?

Again you're doing the thing you said *I'm* doing! No-one's going to "have a monk on for 90 minutes". Who said I'm "so disgruntled with the current state of affairs" either? It's typical TWTD exaggeration to make a point.

I've sang along in the North stand at what Lambert is trying to do, and I will do v Leeds. Inflatables have their place - they were great fun at Watford away a few years ago. I just think at home, after relegation, it's a bit much. Support the team, thank Lambert for his efforts - but inflatables, like we're celebrating relegation, makes us look a bit simple IMO.

Feel free to disagree without all the exaggeration.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024