Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You know this climate change girl 14:32 - Apr 24 with 5094 viewschicoazul

that everyone is talking about, and who was in Parliament yesterday. You know how she's from Sweden, right.

How did she get to the UK?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

You know this climate change girl on 15:44 - Apr 24 with 1448 viewschicoazul

You know this climate change girl on 15:29 - Apr 24 by SpruceMoose

I find it hilarious that you always bang on about how stupid other posters are, despite constantly coming out with dunderheaded guff like this!

Come on now, the only poster I consistently say is stupid on here is you.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

You know this climate change girl on 15:45 - Apr 24 with 1448 viewsSwansea_Blue

And I bet she exhales CO2 herself - the bloody hypocrite.

(actually, I wouldn't at all be surprised if this has already been said not in jest).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

You know this climate change girl on 15:46 - Apr 24 with 1448 viewschicoazul

You know this climate change girl on 15:34 - Apr 24 by StokieBlue

You'd have more of a point if you said all the articles written, read and commented on with regards to the trip on the interwebs have produced more CO2 than flying would have.

That would how ignore the fact that those articles have created discussion and momentum behind an obvious issue which must be tackled.

SB

Both your points may be true. I simply say that I find it in bad odour for her or any other high profile climate activist to use the very infrastructures they rail against (see what I did there).

You know this climate change girl on 15:53 - Apr 24 with 1425 viewsSwansea_Blue

You know this climate change girl on 15:46 - Apr 24 by chicoazul

Both your points may be true. I simply say that I find it in bad odour for her or any other high profile climate activist to use the very infrastructures they rail against (see what I did there).

It's impossible to have no footprint at all and spreading awareness and trying to affect change requires the use of resources. The argument is a daft one (but frequently used), as the potential benefits far outweigh the costs. I used to get it all the time when I was travelling places for work (climate-change related).

Another example: the resources that would have gone into flaming Blue Planet would have been immense, but that programme via public opinion is now directly impacting policy now on plastic waste in the oceans. Let's hope this girl's efforts have the same impact, for all our sakes.

Presumably she's now also a role model for other youngsters with autism, so that's another reason why she should be supported and not attacked.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

You know this climate change girl on 15:53 - Apr 24 with 1423 viewsSpruceMoose

You know this climate change girl on 15:44 - Apr 24 by chicoazul

Come on now, the only poster I consistently say is stupid on here is you.

Give it up mate, you're becoming a bit of a laughing stock. You've developed a 'clueless old uncle at family gatherings you do your best to not get caught with while he mounts his soapbox' disposition of late.

Sure, you don't have to believe me. Plenty of other posters in this thread putting you in your place however! Arftastic!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

SUQ on 15:54 - Apr 24 with 1420 viewsDyland

nft

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

You know this climate change girl on 15:56 - Apr 24 with 1414 viewsBrixtonBlue

You know this climate change girl on 15:43 - Apr 24 by chicoazul

What edit??? I havent edited that post you're replying to! Jeez luv youve had a shocker today, is the new job not going well or something?

No, you edited the one THAT was replying to.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

You know this climate change girl on 15:58 - Apr 24 with 1406 viewschicoazul

You know this climate change girl on 15:53 - Apr 24 by SpruceMoose

Give it up mate, you're becoming a bit of a laughing stock. You've developed a 'clueless old uncle at family gatherings you do your best to not get caught with while he mounts his soapbox' disposition of late.

Sure, you don't have to believe me. Plenty of other posters in this thread putting you in your place however! Arftastic!

Careful now, or I may be so mean to you again that you have to take another hiatus.

Login to get fewer ads

You know this climate change girl on 16:00 - Apr 24 with 1396 viewschicoazul

You know this climate change girl on 15:53 - Apr 24 by Swansea_Blue

It's impossible to have no footprint at all and spreading awareness and trying to affect change requires the use of resources. The argument is a daft one (but frequently used), as the potential benefits far outweigh the costs. I used to get it all the time when I was travelling places for work (climate-change related).

Another example: the resources that would have gone into flaming Blue Planet would have been immense, but that programme via public opinion is now directly impacting policy now on plastic waste in the oceans. Let's hope this girl's efforts have the same impact, for all our sakes.

Presumably she's now also a role model for other youngsters with autism, so that's another reason why she should be supported and not attacked.

Don't get me started on the hypocrisy inherent in the making of those programmes please or i'll never ever shut up about it. Before you know it i'll be telling you all my Attenborough is a Racist theory.

You know this climate change girl on 16:01 - Apr 24 with 1387 viewschicoazul

You know this climate change girl on 15:56 - Apr 24 by BrixtonBlue

No, you edited the one THAT was replying to.

"I'm done here"

You know this climate change girl on 16:01 - Apr 24 with 1387 viewsfooters

You know this climate change girl on 16:00 - Apr 24 by chicoazul

Don't get me started on the hypocrisy inherent in the making of those programmes please or i'll never ever shut up about it. Before you know it i'll be telling you all my Attenborough is a Racist theory.

Do tell...

I always thought he'd have some *interesting* views after a few too many scotches.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

You know this climate change girl on 16:03 - Apr 24 with 1386 viewsBloomBlue

You know this climate change girl on 14:44 - Apr 24 by chicoazul

Since you seem to know what I think, I will do the same to you; I think the message is excellent. I am a true believer in man made climate change and the urgency of the problem which has, in fact, more or less already happened and is unstoppable. I think it's ridiculous for a person to use fossil fuels to travel many thousands of miles to deliver a lecture she could just as easily have done over Skype or Youtube.

But Skype and YouTube use energy. If we want to save the planet we need to stop doing everything.
You know this climate change girl on 16:03 - Apr 24 with 1381 viewsStokieBlue

You know this climate change girl on 16:00 - Apr 24 by chicoazul

"The team involved had the patience of saints, completing a whopping 125 expeditions across the globe and spending almost a year underwater (or 8,000 hours) filming."

And this was the hotel they did the Maldives film in conjunction with:
https://www.originaldiving.com/indian-ocean/maldives/luxury-hotels/six-senses-la

Must have been horrible.

I'm not really being serious though, reaching 250m+ viewers and possibly changing minds with regards to climate change is worth some carbon footprint.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

You know this climate change girl on 16:04 - Apr 24 with 1379 viewschicoazul

You know this climate change girl on 16:01 - Apr 24 by footers

Do tell...

I always thought he'd have some *interesting* views after a few too many scotches.

the Attenborough thing? I believe many of the "there are too many people" population theories are propagated by the same clique of rich Westerners who do in fact mean there are too many black people, in a nutshell. Al Gore has hundreds of kids and grand-kids.

You know this climate change girl on 16:04 - Apr 24 with 1373 viewschicoazul

You know this climate change girl on 16:03 - Apr 24 by BloomBlue

But Skype and YouTube use energy. If we want to save the planet we need to stop doing everything.

This is not true. To save the planet we need to stop doing a few things, not everything.

You know this climate change girl on 16:05 - Apr 24 with 1367 viewsBrixtonBlue

You know this climate change girl on 16:03 - Apr 24 by BloomBlue

Chickers uses too much oxygen, that's for sure.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

You know this climate change girl on 16:06 - Apr 24 with 1367 viewsSpruceMoose

You know this climate change girl on 15:58 - Apr 24 by chicoazul

Careful now, or I may be so mean to you again that you have to take another hiatus.

I think you overestimate yourself pal! The funniest part about this thread is that you seem to think your posting it somehow demonstrates your intellectual ability.

In reality, it just reflects that you're as basic as every other wannabe internet edge-lord out there.

Stick to posting that 'hilarious' Christian Bale Gif mate. More your level.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 16:11]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

You know this climate change girl on 16:07 - Apr 24 with 1358 viewsSpruceMoose

You know this climate change girl on 16:05 - Apr 24 by BrixtonBlue

Chickers uses too much oxygen, that's for sure.

Never has a man waffled so much to say so little!

You know this climate change girl on 16:17 - Apr 24 with 1320 viewschicoazul

You know this climate change girl on 16:06 - Apr 24 by SpruceMoose

I think you overestimate yourself pal! The funniest part about this thread is that you seem to think your posting it somehow demonstrates your intellectual ability.

In reality, it just reflects that you're as basic as every other wannabe internet edge-lord out there.

Stick to posting that 'hilarious' Christian Bale Gif mate. More your level.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 16:11]

It's Keanu Reeves.

You know this climate change girl on 16:18 - Apr 24 with 1321 viewsStokieBlue

You know this climate change girl on 16:04 - Apr 24 by chicoazul

This is not true. To save the planet we need to stop doing a few things, not everything.

The "internet" which I accept is a vacuous term could have a footprint of ~15% global emissions by 2040 and it's non-linear so that might be quite far out. Aviation might have 4% by that time.

It's an issue but not one that's discussed much as nobody wants or even can give these things up whereas flying would be possible.

Making data centres legally obliged to run on renewables would be a good start, although everyone still charges their phone all day - I'm charging mine now.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

You know this climate change girl on 16:21 - Apr 24 with 1311 viewschicoazul

You know this climate change girl on 16:18 - Apr 24 by StokieBlue

The "internet" which I accept is a vacuous term could have a footprint of ~15% global emissions by 2040 and it's non-linear so that might be quite far out. Aviation might have 4% by that time.

It's an issue but not one that's discussed much as nobody wants or even can give these things up whereas flying would be possible.

Making data centres legally obliged to run on renewables would be a good start, although everyone still charges their phone all day - I'm charging mine now.

SB

why do you charge your phone all day? I charge mine for about an hour. I certainly don't think the internet is one of the things we should give up, or even could as you say. And good idea on the renewables thing.

You know this climate change girl on 16:34 - Apr 24 with 1292 viewsfooters

You know this climate change girl on 16:21 - Apr 24 by chicoazul

why do you charge your phone all day? I charge mine for about an hour. I certainly don't think the internet is one of the things we should give up, or even could as you say. And good idea on the renewables thing.

SB's popular and you're a cunit.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

You know this climate change girl on 16:43 - Apr 24 with 1279 viewschicoazul

You know this climate change girl on 16:34 - Apr 24 by footers

SB's popular and you're a cunit.

Fair comment.

You know this climate change girl on 16:54 - Apr 24 with 1260 viewsActionMan

You know this climate change girl on 14:40 - Apr 24 by Steve_M

Are you going to join the likes of Brendan O'Neill and Toby Young in attacking the messenger rather than the message?

We humans globally are too selfish to live with less and have less children to ever resolve this emergency though. If we had half the amount of children we have now, you'd half the problem overnight but we continue to breed like rabbits and take up more resources, kill more animals and environments to produce for the masses just so the rich at the top stay richer and their pyramid continues to grow. I certainly don't see anyone on either the left or right of politics here, or wider Europe willing to challenge that. It's all about telling lies to become popular to win votes, then elections and secure jobs and nothing to do with actually doing anything. It's sad.
You know this climate change girl on 16:59 - Apr 24 with 1251 viewsBloomBlue

You know this climate change girl on 16:21 - Apr 24 by chicoazul

So you wouldn't give up the internet if it meant saving the planet?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024