Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blades fans rightly unhappy with the Championship team of the year 17:22 - Apr 24 with 1262 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48039297

I appreciate the voting would have been a few weeks back but Sheffield United were still neck and neck with Leeds.

For Sheffield United to have NO defenders in the back four with the best defensive record is laughable. I am surprised there are only 3 Norwich players as well as much as it pains me.

Villa fans are also unanimous in believing McGinn is the best player in the Championship and that he's been ever better than Grealish. Not in the team.

Obviously, nobody will ever agree on the actual team but Grealish just looks like a popularity vote. Villa have only just snuck into the top 6 in the last few weeks and have as many players in there as the Blades, who have been up there all year.

Can't argue with Abraham, but has Grealish, who has missed half a season really been better than Norwich midfielders and other Sheffield United midfielders like Buendia and Fleck.

Would be interested to see everyone's sides.

Mine would be (being honest and including the scum)

Henderson (Sheff Utd)
Lewis (Norwich)
Egan (Sheff Utd)
Stevens (Sheff Utd)
James (Wigan)
Bowen (Hull)
McGinn (Villa)
Norwood (Sheff Utd)
Buendia (Norwich)
Sharp (Sheff Utd)
Pukki (Norwich)

Bowen and James have both been sensational. The fact that they don't play for a top six side is no reason to ignore them. If anything the way Bowen has single handedly dragged Hull to the verge of the playoffs is far more admirable than being a cog in a well oiled machine having success.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 17:24]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Blades fans rightly unhappy with the Championship team of the year on 17:28 - Apr 24 with 1201 viewsJ2BLUE

If we were getting promoted I don't think i'd care at all if we had players in the TOTY. Irrelevant.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Blades fans rightly unhappy with the Championship team of the year on 17:35 - Apr 24 with 1148 viewsm14_blue

Grealish is the best player in the league and has been the catalyst for Villa’s incredible run.

And any Blade who’s actually bothered needs to give their head a shake.
Blades fans rightly unhappy with the Championship team of the year on 18:43 - Apr 24 with 956 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Blades fans rightly unhappy with the Championship team of the year on 17:35 - Apr 24 by m14_blue

Grealish is the best player in the league and has been the catalyst for Villa’s incredible run.

And any Blade who’s actually bothered needs to give their head a shake.

Certainly true about Grealish. The Villa fans I know think he is their best player some way. Much as I don't like his arrogance, he is a very good footballer. I can't really see any name to argue with. Maybe Sheff Utd have had a good defensive unit rather than stand-out individuals. They have Sharp and Norwood in there.

Perhaps West Brom could be disappointed that they are second top goalscorers in the league but they haven't got Gayle or Rodriguez in there. Che Adams has scored more than a third of all Birmingham's goals, perhaps he should be in there.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024