Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worrying views 18:15 - Apr 24 with 4917 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Engaged in a thread with a lad who is old enough to vote about a status he posted saying that Illegal immigrants/refugees get £29,900 pa from the Government while pensioners get £6,000.

I challenged this, with a link, to show that it is plain incorrect. His response? "yeah, buh!".

Me: So the facts are irrelevant?

Him: well my opinion is that there’s not any deporting going on! Look at that girl from Syria?

Me: The girl who wanted to come back to Britain and was denied by removing her citizenship?

Him: Yeah but she’s not the only one!? There’s bloody hundreds and there more foreigners than brits in London fact.

I again linked stats on deportations and immigration.

Him: if it were my choice all them lot would be out of this country for good! Personally.

The discussion continued a little more but I find it highly disturbing that these views are so entrenched in some that the facts are irrelevant and they simply say things like their last statement. And their vote counts the same as anyone else's. Please educated people, whatever your views, make your votes count whenever you get the chance.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Worrying views on 20:02 - Apr 24 with 2045 viewsSpruceMoose

Worrying views on 20:02 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

From a book called Red Queen

Well, I look forward to seeing you set the world on fire matey.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Worrying views on 20:05 - Apr 24 with 2035 viewsfooters

Worrying views on 20:02 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

From a book called Red Queen

Is it about a communist homosexual?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Worrying views on 20:06 - Apr 24 with 2024 viewsSpruceMoose

Worrying views on 20:05 - Apr 24 by footers

Is it about a communist homosexual?

Red Queen sounds like Jeremy Corbyn drag queen fan fiction to me.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Worrying views on 20:07 - Apr 24 with 2020 viewsfooters

Worrying views on 20:06 - Apr 24 by SpruceMoose

Corbyn's a republican.

Red President for Life the likelier, less sexy version.

Worrying views on 20:08 - Apr 24 with 2017 viewsSpruceMoose

Worrying views on 20:06 - Apr 24 by SpruceMoose

Grimboy didn't downvote this one. He must like the sound of it.

Worrying views on 20:12 - Apr 24 with 1997 viewsBaltachaFanClub

You are lowestoft (ish) based I believe? Have a look on some of the lowestoft Facebook pages.

I can only assume it’s a comic parody, as some of them are so ridiculously thick it has to be made up.

Someone genuinely posted about them “thoriner lot” the other day, meaning Foreigners.

My missus works in Lowestoft, so I often get sent “have a look on ... page” remarkable

this is not a football forum, its a forum for people who occasionally mention football. Current cheese mood - Blacksticks Blue
Poll: What happens more in the average week ?
Blog: It's Not R*********, It's the Promise of an Adventure

Worrying views on 21:33 - Apr 24 with 1940 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Worrying views on 20:12 - Apr 24 by BaltachaFanClub

You are lowestoft (ish) based I believe? Have a look on some of the lowestoft Facebook pages.

I can only assume it’s a comic parody, as some of them are so ridiculously thick it has to be made up.

Someone genuinely posted about them “thoriner lot” the other day, meaning Foreigners.

My missus works in Lowestoft, so I often get sent “have a look on ... page” remarkable

I am. Not sure if the Lowie one is a parody. I can guarantee the individual from my exchange is genuine.

Worrying views on 21:45 - Apr 24 with 1920 viewsBaltachaFanClub

Worrying views on 21:33 - Apr 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am. Not sure if the Lowie one is a parody. I can guarantee the individual from my exchange is genuine.

Some of the stories she tells me are genuinely frightening, in the sense that these people exist, and see nothing wrong with what they are doing/saying

this is not a football forum, its a forum for people who occasionally mention football. Current cheese mood - Blacksticks Blue
Poll: What happens more in the average week ?
Blog: It's Not R*********, It's the Promise of an Adventure

Login to get fewer ads

Worrying views on 21:56 - Apr 24 with 1912 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Worrying views on 21:45 - Apr 24 by BaltachaFanClub

Some of the stories she tells me are genuinely frightening, in the sense that these people exist, and see nothing wrong with what they are doing/saying

and, as I say, these people all get a vote that counts the same as anyone else's. Every thinking person has a duty to vote in my opinion to prevent extremist views dictating who governs us.

on 21:58 - Apr 24 with 1910 views_

Worrying views on 22:01 - Apr 24 with 1907 viewsNthsuffolkblue

on 21:58 - Apr 24 by _

Sadly the fact we all know at least one is far from a comfort to me.

I am concerned we are rapidly becoming a dangerous country (and not just us).

on 22:05 - Apr 24 with 1901 views_

Worrying views on 22:01 - Apr 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

Sadly the fact we all know at least one is far from a comfort to me.

I am concerned we are rapidly becoming a dangerous country (and not just us).

Worrying views on 05:20 - Apr 25 with 1823 viewsBenters2

Worrying views on 18:23 - Apr 24 by factual_blue

Does he live near a largish village green?

Do one non factual.
Worrying views on 08:38 - Apr 25 with 1771 viewsflimflam

He is correct on the figure for pensioners though if he is talking about state pension which is one of the lowest in Europe currently.

No idea about the rest of it and dont care tbh.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Worrying views on 08:57 - Apr 25 with 1755 viewsMeadowlark

I think it might be a Facebook thing rather than a Lowestoft thing, but as a Lowestoft resident but not a FB user perhaps my view is somewhat biased.

However, I must admit I often overhear conversations in the pub that start "did you see that thing on Facebook that said......."

Lowestoft AND Facebook. Dodgy combination.
Worrying views on 12:51 - Apr 25 with 1717 viewsJimmyJazz

The people with these views always held those views. What's changed is that they now feel they can express those views

Had a similar situation on the bus this morning, an elderly lady mentioned that is was St George's Day earlier in the week, not that anyone would have known. Then we went past some houses that are all setup as flats (horrible places i must admit) and she then went on about the kind of people living in these places.

Maybe not that similar a situation, but after reading this post yesterday it immediately sprang to mind

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Worrying views on 15:15 - Apr 25 with 1689 viewsJohnWarksTash

Worrying views on 12:51 - Apr 25 by JimmyJazz

The people with these views always held those views. What's changed is that they now feel they can express those views

Had a similar situation on the bus this morning, an elderly lady mentioned that is was St George's Day earlier in the week, not that anyone would have known. Then we went past some houses that are all setup as flats (horrible places i must admit) and she then went on about the kind of people living in these places.

Maybe not that similar a situation, but after reading this post yesterday it immediately sprang to mind

Might have been worth pointing out to her that the majority of the residents of those flats probably had far more connection ethnically and culturally to St George than she ever will :)
Worrying views on 15:28 - Apr 25 with 1673 views26_Paz

Worrying views on 21:56 - Apr 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

and, as I say, these people all get a vote that counts the same as anyone else's. Every thinking person has a duty to vote in my opinion to prevent extremist views dictating who governs us.

The tacit suggestion that some members of society should not be able to vote and / or some members of society should somehow have votes that count more than others worries me a little to be honest ...

The Paz Man

Worrying views on 15:31 - Apr 25 with 1674 viewsSwansea_Blue

I had the fortune of spending Easter Sunday evening wandering around Lowestoft looking for somewhere to get some food. Interesting place....

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Worrying views on 15:33 - Apr 25 with 1668 viewsitfcjoe

Worrying views on 08:38 - Apr 25 by flimflam

He is correct on the figure for pensioners though if he is talking about state pension which is one of the lowest in Europe currently.

No idea about the rest of it and dont care tbh.

I often see the one about France and germany and loads of others having better pensions - but somehow that is linked to being the EUs fault not our own Governments.

Despite other EU members having better pensions, the EU somehow stops us from doing the same?!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Worrying views on 16:20 - Apr 25 with 1645 viewsJohnWarksTash

Worrying views on 15:31 - Apr 25 by Swansea_Blue

I had the fortune of spending Easter Sunday evening wandering around Lowestoft looking for somewhere to get some food. Interesting place....

I am from Lowestoft originally, although left when I was 19 (over 25 years ago) and it has changed considerably. It used to be a friendly, safe town to wander about in, go for beers etc. but now it's not quite so welcoming. Even as a 6ft, 90kg chap I feel a little wary.

I have some great memories of nights in Hanks Bar, the Bridge House etc etc!
Worrying views on 17:21 - Apr 25 with 1618 viewsfooters

Worrying views on 15:31 - Apr 25 by Swansea_Blue

It's what made me the man I am today!

There has actually been a couple of really good places to eat there recently. But I hope you enjoyed your McDonalds.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024