Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worrying views 18:15 - Apr 24 with 4922 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Engaged in a thread with a lad who is old enough to vote about a status he posted saying that Illegal immigrants/refugees get £29,900 pa from the Government while pensioners get £6,000.

I challenged this, with a link, to show that it is plain incorrect. His response? "yeah, buh!".

Me: So the facts are irrelevant?

Him: well my opinion is that there’s not any deporting going on! Look at that girl from Syria?

Me: The girl who wanted to come back to Britain and was denied by removing her citizenship?

Him: Yeah but she’s not the only one!? There’s bloody hundreds and there more foreigners than brits in London fact.

I again linked stats on deportations and immigration.

Him: if it were my choice all them lot would be out of this country for good! Personally.

The discussion continued a little more but I find it highly disturbing that these views are so entrenched in some that the facts are irrelevant and they simply say things like their last statement. And their vote counts the same as anyone else's. Please educated people, whatever your views, make your votes count whenever you get the chance.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Worrying views on 18:21 - Apr 24 with 2801 viewsSpruceMoose

Yeah but it's our fault for thinking he's stupid or something.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 18:21]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Worrying views on 18:23 - Apr 24 with 2798 viewsfactual_blue

Does he live near a largish village green?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Worrying views on 19:35 - Apr 24 with 2700 viewsMattinLondon

The bit about more foreigners than British people in London is utter rubbish as well. Actually, anyone who puts ‘fact’ at the end of a sentence tends to be an idiot as well.

Best not to engage in k nobs like him.
Worrying views on 19:37 - Apr 24 with 2675 viewsSpruceMoose

Worrying views on 19:35 - Apr 24 by MattinLondon

The bit about more foreigners than British people in London is utter rubbish as well. Actually, anyone who puts ‘fact’ at the end of a sentence tends to be an idiot as well.

Best not to engage in k nobs like him.

Certain phrases are helpful in identifying a numpty though.

'Fact'.
'Balls'
'End of'
'Common Sense'
'PC gone mad'.
'University of Life'

I'm sure there are plenty of others.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Worrying views on 19:39 - Apr 24 with 2678 viewsgrimboy

Worrying views on 19:37 - Apr 24 by SpruceMoose

'Fact'.
'Balls'
'End of'
'Common Sense'
'PC gone mad'.
'University of Life'

What about ‘k nobs like him’
Oh dear.
Worrying views on 19:40 - Apr 24 with 2652 viewsSpruceMoose

Worrying views on 19:39 - Apr 24 by grimboy

What about ‘k nobs like him’
Oh dear.

It would be helpful for us thinking types if you could use more words in your posts so we can get an idea of what you're trying to convey.

Try a full sentence every now and then and you might find some people agree with whatever it is you're trying to say.

None the less, I have attempted to translate your post, and I think you're having a passive aggressive whine about the person in the original post being called a kn0b.

Maybe you could explain why you don't think he is a kn0b? Because, based on what he said, he does seem a bit of a knob though, wouldn't you agree?
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 19:42]

Worrying views on 19:41 - Apr 24 with 2664 viewsgtsb

Millions of British people used to watch Love Thy Neighbour and Mind Your Language once too and loved them. I wouldn't worry too much.
Worrying views on 19:42 - Apr 24 with 2656 viewsClapham_Junction

Had a very similar thing with one of my uncles last year. He posted some crap on fb about how much asylum seekers get compared to pensioners. Possibly even the same meme.

I responded by linking to the government website that shows how much they get a week. He just deleted my response...
Login to get fewer ads

Worrying views on 19:43 - Apr 24 with 2635 viewsSpruceMoose

Worrying views on 19:42 - Apr 24 by Clapham_Junction

Had a very similar thing with one of my uncles last year. He posted some crap on fb about how much asylum seekers get compared to pensioners. Possibly even the same meme.

I responded by linking to the government website that shows how much they get a week. He just deleted my response...

Snowflakes gonna snowflake.

Worrying views on 19:43 - Apr 24 with 2646 viewsgrimboy

Worrying views on 19:40 - Apr 24 by SpruceMoose

It would be helpful for us thinking types if you could use more words in your posts so we can get an idea of what you're trying to convey.

Try a full sentence every now and then and you might find some people agree with whatever it is you're trying to say.

None the less, I have attempted to translate your post, and I think you're having a passive aggressive whine about the person in the original post being called a kn0b.

Maybe you could explain why you don't think he is a kn0b? Because, based on what he said, he does seem a bit of a knob though, wouldn't you agree?
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 19:42]

I think you know what I was getting at.
To act ignorant to my response referring to Martins post is just turning the other cheek .
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 19:48]
Worrying views on 19:45 - Apr 24 with 2623 viewsSpruceMoose

Worrying views on 19:43 - Apr 24 by grimboy

I think you know what I was getting at.
To act ignorant to my response referring to Martins post is just turning the other cheek .
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 19:48]

Can you at least try and explain why you don't think he's a kn0b?

Like I said, read what he said and well, it does sound a bit knobbish, don't you think?

Ignoring facts because it's convenient. That's a bit knobbish, isn't it? Seems a bit snowflakey too, when you can't admit you were wrong.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 19:46]

Worrying views on 19:47 - Apr 24 with 2615 viewsgrimboy

Worrying views on 19:45 - Apr 24 by SpruceMoose

Can you at least try and explain why you don't think he's a kn0b?

Like I said, read what he said and well, it does sound a bit knobbish, don't you think?

Ignoring facts because it's convenient. That's a bit knobbish, isn't it? Seems a bit snowflakey too, when you can't admit you were wrong.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 19:46]

He shot he missed.
You have been missing for a while but bloody hell your back now all non football threads though.
Worrying views on 19:47 - Apr 24 with 2613 viewsJ2BLUE

What percentage likelihood would you place on him actually clicking your link?

Doesn't sound like he did. .

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Worrying views on 19:48 - Apr 24 with 2594 viewsSpruceMoose

Worrying views on 19:47 - Apr 24 by grimboy

He shot he missed.
You have been missing for a while but bloody hell your back now all non football threads though.

You're not making any sense. Apologies if English isn't your first language. I was just trying to understand whatever it was you said.

I'll try again. Why are you upset about this thread? Can you answer that?

Worrying views on 19:50 - Apr 24 with 2584 viewsSpruceMoose

Worrying views on 19:47 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

What percentage likelihood would you place on him actually clicking your link?

Doesn't sound like he did. .

As an aside, what the fook is going on with your avatar? That motto is like something a teenage girl would use on Mumsnet.

Worrying views on 19:50 - Apr 24 with 2589 viewsgrimboy

Worrying views on 19:48 - Apr 24 by SpruceMoose

You're not making any sense. Apologies if English isn't your first language. I was just trying to understand whatever it was you said.

I'll try again. Why are you upset about this thread? Can you answer that?

Oh I get it I need to rethink our truce.
Sod it I have.
Trying to insult me you twot.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 19:51]
Worrying views on 19:53 - Apr 24 with 2559 viewsSpruceMoose

Worrying views on 19:50 - Apr 24 by grimboy

Sod it I have.

Grimboy! What on Earth are you talking about!? We don't have a truce. You blew it remember.

As for the rest of your post, I have no idea what you're saying

Worrying views on 19:54 - Apr 24 with 2548 viewsSpruceMoose

Worrying views on 19:50 - Apr 24 by grimboy

Sod it I have.

Now now Grimmy, don't start with the impotent downvoting again. Use your words to express yourself.

Worrying views on 19:54 - Apr 24 with 2549 viewsgrimboy

Worrying views on 19:53 - Apr 24 by SpruceMoose

Grimboy! What on Earth are you talking about!? We don't have a truce. You blew it remember.

As for the rest of your post, I have no idea what you're saying

Lol you obnoxious person.
Worrying views on 19:56 - Apr 24 with 2539 viewsSpruceMoose

Worrying views on 19:54 - Apr 24 by grimboy

Lol you obnoxious person.

Obnoxious!? How rude.

I'm just saying that whatever you are trying to communicate to me, I can't understand it. I'm just interested in what about the original post upset you.

Worrying views on 19:56 - Apr 24 with 2540 viewsJ2BLUE

Worrying views on 19:50 - Apr 24 by SpruceMoose

As an aside, what the fook is going on with your avatar? That motto is like something a teenage girl would use on Mumsnet.

It's a quote from a book I think.

I think it's fitting in this day and age.

Truly impaired.

Worrying views on 19:57 - Apr 24 with 2533 viewsSpruceMoose

Worrying views on 19:56 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

It's a quote from a book I think.

I think it's fitting in this day and age.

Really? Thought it was one of those lame quotes. An 'if you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best' type thing.

Worrying views on 20:00 - Apr 24 with 2516 viewsStokieBlue

Worrying views on 19:37 - Apr 24 by SpruceMoose

'Fact'.
'Balls'
'End of'
'Common Sense'
'PC gone mad'.
'University of Life'

15.99 + VAT?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Worrying views on 20:02 - Apr 24 with 2511 viewsJ2BLUE

Worrying views on 19:57 - Apr 24 by SpruceMoose

Really? Thought it was one of those lame quotes. An 'if you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best' type thing.

From a book called Red Queen

Truly impaired.

Worrying views on 20:02 - Apr 24 with 2508 viewsSpruceMoose

Worrying views on 20:00 - Apr 24 by StokieBlue

15.99 + VAT?

SB

Indeed. Luckily for me I increased prices.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024