Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" 18:21 - Apr 24 with 11269 viewsDublinBlue84

He just can't help himself can he.
https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/0424/1045437-i-hope-fans-who-hounded-me-out

Not bitter, not at all....
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 18:21]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 20:40 - Apr 24 with 1392 viewsOxford_Blue

He does have a point.

His side was solid and he was clearly able to select, attract and retain the caliber of player to keep us in the league despite budgetary constraints. It is very unlikely we would have been relegated with him in charge.

Fans criticised him for his style of play, and he hit back. Consequently, he ultimately fell out with the fans which was a bad idea on both sides.
"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 20:43 - Apr 24 with 1382 viewsSwailsey

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 18:28 - Apr 24 by GlasgowBlue

He's aiming those comments at a certain section of our support who didn't even have the decency to let the man see out the last few games of the season after he had agreed to leave.

He says in your link "I'm sad that they've gone down. Some of the lads are taking huge cuts in wages who were with me and who were brilliant for me. The staff, I've no doubt people will be losing their jobs because of it so that's going to be sad. It's a great club and pretty much most of their fans were brilliant with me.

"The ones that hounded me out... I hope they enjoy watching the sexy football in [League One]."

So the only people who should be offended are the numskulls who hounded him out. If you aren't one of them then there is nothing to take offence at.

This x 1000

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 20:46 - Apr 24 with 1367 viewsjontysnut

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 18:32 - Apr 24 by blueislander

“Hounded out” . I didn’t think he was that thin skinned. It was a very small number of idiots that abused him at Brentford. He left pretty much on his own terms.

Yes I thought that. It's Mick McCarthy and not some shrinking violet. Sound better to be hounded out rather than making people lose the will to watch football.
"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 20:54 - Apr 24 with 1347 viewsPJH

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 20:15 - Apr 24 by itfcjoe

The problem was he didn't, he painted too large a section of the fanbase with that broad brush stroke

Yes I have often said that that is the only thing that I fault Mick for, he was too general in his comments and he should have made it clearer more often that he was only referring to those tvats.
"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 21:17 - Apr 24 with 1312 viewsJohnny_Boy

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 18:44 - Apr 24 by SitfcB

AT ALL?

There was entertainment under Jewell.

Your point being?
"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 23:13 - Apr 24 with 1258 viewsHerbivore

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 18:42 - Apr 24 by tiptreeblue

Of course results matter, but also the style matters as well, sorry but there was no entertainment at all while he was manager

Been none since he left either.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 23:23 - Apr 24 with 1245 viewsHerbivore

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 21:17 - Apr 24 by Johnny_Boy

There was entertainment under Jewell.

Your point being?

There was entertainment for the opposition fans, sure.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 05:42 - Apr 25 with 1201 viewsBenters2

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 19:41 - Apr 24 by Ely_Blue

And likewise people who defend him should take a look at themselves. I for one didn’t abuse him but he didn’t exactly do much to endear himself to the fans of the team he was managing and whose support he should have been relying on in his last 6 months did he? He never wasted an opportunity to get a dig in

i can’t believe after a whole season has passed without the great Dino,people are still wetting themselves over this twisted nosed Northern tw@t.
Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) on 06:26 - Apr 25 with 1187 viewsTractorWood

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 19:09 - Apr 24 by itfcjoe

Mick demonstrating why his job became untenable here, because he could never rise above the numbskulls and would continue to give easy quotes and headlines which would alienate and frustrate the vast majority of the fan base.

Agree. Did an amazing job for us and some of the results he got us with live long in my memory. His downfall was ability to divide the fan base.

His insistence that he was hounded out is a bit revisionist too. He left after a dead rubber Tuesday night, in a toxic atmosphere after a substitution had been booed by a minority. This had been happening for about 18 months.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 06:27 - Apr 25 with 1187 viewsEly_Blue

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 05:42 - Apr 25 by Benters2

i can’t believe after a whole season has passed without the great Dino,people are still wetting themselves over this twisted nosed Northern tw@t.

As I said beforehand if people didn’t keep reporting on everything he says then there would be all of this revisited again and all of the disagreements between our own fans but when people insist on posting the links to the interviews an that the main news stories on the front page are about the article the surely some of these people need to take a look at who is actually doing the trolling here!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 07:46 - Apr 25 with 1148 viewsKeaneish

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 18:28 - Apr 24 by SitfcB

Ha ha, yes, go on Mick!

He’s right in what he says, always.

I think the fans who 'hounded' him out thought he was a bit of a pri*k. Seems they were right too!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024