Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? 19:12 - Apr 24 with 8412 viewsjohn_itfc

I've taken to Orchard Pig recently, but have also realised that despite the fancy branding Aspalls isn't all that, any recommendations?
Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 19:21 - Apr 24 with 7933 viewsSpruceMoose

Have you considered Strongbow?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 19:23 - Apr 24 with 7929 viewsBigalhunter

Frome Valley Henney's dry is an absolute delight.
Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 19:26 - Apr 24 with 7920 viewsBigalhunter

Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 19:21 - Apr 24 by SpruceMoose

Have you considered Strongbow?

Not a patch on White Lightning!
It doubles up as an excellent substitute for turps as well.
Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 19:30 - Apr 24 with 7911 viewscatch74

Possibly going to get the Orchard Pig on draught for my pub (think it’s made by Magners?!)
Currently have Hazy Hog, which is from our local brewery Hog’s Back (until you delve deeper and find out Thatchers makes it for them!)

I think all the ciders available commonly from supermarkets wil be mass produced, much of a muchness (like the ones I’ve mentioned) so depends on your taste really.

Used to have a clear cask cider from Biddenden in my pub in Guildford, 8% but scarily drinkable.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 19:31 - Apr 24 with 7903 viewsfooters

Old Rosie.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 19:33 - Apr 24 with 7893 viewscatch74

Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 19:31 - Apr 24 by footers

Old Rosie.

Seconded - Sold that too, dangerous stuff again but very good.

Trying to remember some of the others, think there was one called Ratcatcher or something like that.

Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 19:46 - Apr 24 with 7874 viewscatch74

Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 19:33 - Apr 24 by catch74

Seconded - Sold that too, dangerous stuff again but very good.

Trying to remember some of the others, think there was one called Ratcatcher or something like that.

Found it, it was Snakecatcher - looked like lucozade! Here’s how someone on rate beer describes it, so could be worth a try?

From oak barrel at Borough Market as New Forest Draught Cider Dry 7%. Hazy orange, still with no head. Aroma is airy, some armpit, cardboard. Body is oily with very light carbonation. Taste is very dry, woody, some vinegar, touches of blue cheese, not even a hint of sweetness, some varnish. Absolutely bone dry with a prominent acidity.

Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 19:56 - Apr 24 with 7862 viewsfooters

Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 19:46 - Apr 24 by catch74

Found it, it was Snakecatcher - looked like lucozade! Here’s how someone on rate beer describes it, so could be worth a try?

From oak barrel at Borough Market as New Forest Draught Cider Dry 7%. Hazy orange, still with no head. Aroma is airy, some armpit, cardboard. Body is oily with very light carbonation. Taste is very dry, woody, some vinegar, touches of blue cheese, not even a hint of sweetness, some varnish. Absolutely bone dry with a prominent acidity.

Sounds good to me, buh!

Best one I had is Black Rat. Well, the most commercially available anyway. Lethal but a proper nice old skool cider. Might want to consider it ;)

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 19:59 - Apr 24 with 7861 viewsjohn_itfc

I cannot abide strongbow, magnets, bulmers etc all the commercial stuff

I'm normally an ale drinker but getting more into cider and finding that the readily available offerings just aren't as good.
Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 20:09 - Apr 24 with 7851 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 20:15 - Apr 24 with 7835 viewshampstead_blue

Old Rascal.
Thatchers.

Awesome

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 20:16 - Apr 24 with 7832 viewsSpruceMoose

Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 20:09 - Apr 24 by factual_blue

Your hand is surprisingly undecrepit.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 20:19 - Apr 24 with 7820 viewsjohn_itfc

Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 20:09 - Apr 24 by factual_blue

Longest thumb
Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 20:36 - Apr 24 with 7783 viewsLevelTheLand

Rattler. Available at Morrison’s, 3 for £5 I think.
Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 07:54 - Apr 25 with 7625 viewshampstead_blue

Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 19:30 - Apr 24 by catch74

Possibly going to get the Orchard Pig on draught for my pub (think it’s made by Magners?!)
Currently have Hazy Hog, which is from our local brewery Hog’s Back (until you delve deeper and find out Thatchers makes it for them!)

I think all the ciders available commonly from supermarkets wil be mass produced, much of a muchness (like the ones I’ve mentioned) so depends on your taste really.

Used to have a clear cask cider from Biddenden in my pub in Guildford, 8% but scarily drinkable.

We play cricket against the Wine Trade each year.
They tell us a few snippets.

Most ciders haven't seen a whole apple.....It's all commercially produced apple concentrate. They are not kind about what go's into the stuff.

Still, I'm not going to stop but it's interesting to know...

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 08:18 - Apr 25 with 7609 viewsblueconscience

I quite like the Savanna Dry. Bit of an acquired taste though

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 12:03 - Apr 25 with 7531 viewsOsborneOneNil

Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 19:30 - Apr 24 by catch74

Cheddar Valley is the same, 6-8% (varies) but goes down a storm. Bright orange.
Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 14:14 - Apr 25 with 7456 viewsFreddies_Ears

Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 19:23 - Apr 24 by Bigalhunter

Frome Valley Henney's dry is an absolute delight.

The Henneys Dry is the best by a mile, if you can find it in still form, rather than fizzy. Westons Old Rosie is well drinkable, especially in 3 litre boxes, also their organic dry.
Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 22:16 - Apr 25 with 7354 viewsMelford

That Henry Weston 8.2% stuff they sell for 3 for a fiver in a few places.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 22:31 - Apr 25 with 7341 viewsnorfsufblue

Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 22:16 - Apr 25 by Melford

That Henry Weston 8.2% stuff they sell for 3 for a fiver in a few places.

Not really a cider drinker but Westons Organic is the one i like best mainly because it appears to be largely hangover free!....
Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 07:43 - Apr 26 with 7247 viewssolemio

Well I like Aspall Premier Cru so there!
Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 08:06 - Apr 26 with 7231 viewsKropotkin123

People tend to love or hate McCarthy's cider. It either has very little flavour, making drinking cider dull and boring or it's surprising good value and great when you've been wasted for a long time.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 08:19 - Apr 26 with 7217 viewsSwansea_Blue

Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 08:06 - Apr 26 by Kropotkin123

People tend to love or hate McCarthy's cider. It either has very little flavour, making drinking cider dull and boring or it's surprising good value and great when you've been wasted for a long time.

A bit like his football then!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 08:42 - Apr 26 with 7198 viewsITFC_Forever

Cornish Rattler.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 09:05 - Apr 26 with 7187 viewsKropotkin123

Best cider commonly available in supermarkets? on 08:19 - Apr 26 by Swansea_Blue

A bit like his football then!

Yeah, I've never had the cider. That was the joke I was making... wasted being a lack of competitive funding.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024