Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I didn’t ‘Hound’ Mick out but i do 19:32 - Apr 24 with 3174 viewsCoco

Find it irritating and sad that he keeps taking professional pride in our demise. Also, these souls who seem to lap up everything he says as hilarious and support him over the club itself. “He’s saying the truth” etc in some attempt to distance themselves from this manufactured “hounding” and “numbskull” tedium. He was part of our demise too.

He’s gone and he should have gone. What happened after him is the tragedy.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

You only read the headline didn't you (n/t) on 19:33 - Apr 24 with 3161 viewsDyland

[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 19:34]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I didn’t ‘Hound’ Mick out but i do on 19:34 - Apr 24 with 3150 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Well said.

I don't have an axe to grind re Mick, but his most recently comment doesn't show him in a good light. Sad really.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

You only read the headline didn't you (n/t) on 19:35 - Apr 24 with 3149 viewsCoco

You only read the headline didn't you (n/t) on 19:33 - Apr 24 by Dyland

Nope. He keeps having a dig at the ‘numbskulls’. Did he do this at all the other clubs that sacked him?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

You only read the headline didn't you (n/t) on 20:17 - Apr 24 with 3049 viewsDarth_Koont

You only read the headline didn't you (n/t) on 19:33 - Apr 24 by Dyland

News headlines seem to work like stage hypnotists. Getting ordinary people to think and do stupid things.

Both very impressive and entertaining.

Pronouns: He/Him

I didn’t ‘Hound’ Mick out but i do on 21:00 - Apr 24 with 2983 viewsTractorCam

Well said. These are Mick fans more than they are Ipswich fans.

I look back on what Mick did first few seasons as brilliant and try to appreciate what he did but it's very hard when his name just never disappears. Fair enough it's often other journalists/fans with the 'be careful what you wish for' nonsense, but why is he still having digs a year later. He mentions how he's sad about the club etc, but if he sees the hound out as a 'small minority', why does he have to get a dig in?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

You only read the headline didn't you (n/t) on 21:04 - Apr 24 with 2959 viewsJohnny_Boy

You only read the headline didn't you (n/t) on 19:35 - Apr 24 by Coco

Nope. He keeps having a dig at the ‘numbskulls’. Did he do this at all the other clubs that sacked him?

He called the Wolves fans 'mindless idiots' for barracking him.

Obviously he was doing a great job there at the time too.
You only read the headline didn't you (n/t) on 07:49 - Apr 25 with 2796 viewsKeaneish

You only read the headline didn't you (n/t) on 21:04 - Apr 24 by Johnny_Boy

He called the Wolves fans 'mindless idiots' for barracking him.

Obviously he was doing a great job there at the time too.

And look at Wolves now. I think those mindless idiots did quite well out of it, as will we in time and I hope McCarthy is as keen on PR then as he is now.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

You only read the headline didn't you (n/t) on 08:02 - Apr 25 with 2774 viewsHerbivore

You only read the headline didn't you (n/t) on 07:49 - Apr 25 by Keaneish

And look at Wolves now. I think those mindless idiots did quite well out of it, as will we in time and I hope McCarthy is as keen on PR then as he is now.

They suffered successive relegation after he left. They are only where they are now because of copious sums of money from new owners.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

I didn’t ‘Hound’ Mick out but i do on 08:10 - Apr 25 with 2748 viewsBenters2

He also gave us our worst finish in 58 years and we only escaped the dreaded drop by 3 points.

The Mick lovers brush that under the carpet though,as it didnt happen or something.

So we are going down,we have a better bloke as manager,and the crowds are better,yet still they take the bait and everything it perfect in the World of the Mick loving brigade.
I didn’t ‘Hound’ Mick out but i do on 08:12 - Apr 25 with 2740 viewsHerbivore

I didn’t ‘Hound’ Mick out but i do on 08:10 - Apr 25 by Benters2

He also gave us our worst finish in 58 years and we only escaped the dreaded drop by 3 points.

The Mick lovers brush that under the carpet though,as it didnt happen or something.

So we are going down,we have a better bloke as manager,and the crowds are better,yet still they take the bait and everything it perfect in the World of the Mick loving brigade.

You must be delighted that we're about to finally top that worst finish in 58 years.

I didn’t ‘Hound’ Mick out but i do on 08:41 - Apr 25 with 2661 viewsWhymarkmariner

No axe to grind with McCarthy, made comments on him, not as a person, but as a manager of ITFC as I do with PL or any other manager. The point I would make is there's two reasons for going to football. Firstly to be entertained and secondly to see your team vying for promotion and apart from one season Mick achieved neither.
You only read the headline didn't you (n/t) on 08:44 - Apr 25 with 2643 viewsKeaneish

You only read the headline didn't you (n/t) on 08:02 - Apr 25 by Herbivore

They suffered successive relegation after he left. They are only where they are now because of copious sums of money from new owners.

Would Wolves fans have accepted two successive relegations, economic uncertainty and multiple managers to get where they are now vs Mick's drudgery? I think so.

You only read the headline didn't you (n/t) on 08:47 - Apr 25 with 2628 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

You only read the headline didn't you (n/t) on 08:44 - Apr 25 by Keaneish

Would Wolves fans have accepted two successive relegations, economic uncertainty and multiple managers to get where they are now vs Mick's drudgery? I think so.

Yes, let’s pray for a Chinese consortium to take over and invest 100’s of millions in us...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

You only read the headline didn't you (n/t) on 08:48 - Apr 25 with 2620 viewsHerbivore

You only read the headline didn't you (n/t) on 08:44 - Apr 25 by Keaneish

*Slaps forehead*

Mick leaving Wolves 7(?) years ago has not led to their current success. It did lead to successive relegations though. We won't be replicating Wolves unless someone with very deep pockets comes in for us.

I didn’t ‘Hound’ Mick out but i do on 08:50 - Apr 25 with 2601 viewsartsbossbeard

I didn’t ‘Hound’ Mick out but i do on 08:10 - Apr 25 by Benters2

You need to update your stat spreadsheet, dear boy.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

You only read the headline didn't you (n/t) on 08:53 - Apr 25 with 2597 viewsKeaneish

You only read the headline didn't you (n/t) on 08:48 - Apr 25 by Herbivore

*Slaps forehead*

Mick leaving Wolves 7(?) years ago has not led to their current success. It did lead to successive relegations though. We won't be replicating Wolves unless someone with very deep pockets comes in for us.

That wasn't my point. The point is they'd rather accept uncertainty than tolerate abject football no matter the outcome.

You only read the headline didn't you (n/t) on 09:10 - Apr 25 with 2561 viewsbluejacko

You only read the headline didn't you (n/t) on 19:35 - Apr 24 by Coco

How many times does it need said he was NOT sacked! Ido recall his contract was up and was not being renewed wasn’t it?
You only read the headline didn't you (n/t) on 10:06 - Apr 25 with 2502 viewsTractorCam

*Slaps forehead*

Wolves were going down from the Prem regardless of him being sacked or not. Just like us, their recruitment following his departure is what lead to further failings.

You only read the headline didn't you (n/t) on 10:15 - Apr 25 with 2480 viewsHerbivore

You only read the headline didn't you (n/t) on 08:53 - Apr 25 by Keaneish

That wasn't my point. The point is they'd rather accept uncertainty than tolerate abject football no matter the outcome.

They might have said different when they were slipping into League 1.

I didn’t ‘Hound’ Mick out but i do on 10:30 - Apr 25 with 2454 viewsBluedandy

Hooray another thread about Mick McCarthy ...

The idea that Town fans could not have wished for anything better than Mick's brand of joyless pragmatism is laughable ....

The fact that our ditherer in chief screwed up the succession is entirely predictable ...

Mick should have been dismissed at the end of 2016-2017 when the relationship with the fans was already broken and we'd just had our lowest league finish in decades.

That would have spared us the misery of Paul Hurst but the man with no plan waited until it was far too late.

Oh and the outpouring of keyboard superciliousness re: numbskulls is always a joy to read and says so much more about the giver than the taker ...
You only read the headline didn't you (n/t) on 10:31 - Apr 25 with 2450 viewsJohnny_Boy

You only read the headline didn't you (n/t) on 08:02 - Apr 25 by Herbivore

Well, one of those relegations was down to one person. Unless you want to blame poor old TC.
You only read the headline didn't you (n/t) on 10:32 - Apr 25 with 2444 viewsBiGDonnie

*Slaps forehead*

You've not understood what he's getting at have you. Slap your forehead harder next time.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

You only read the headline didn't you (n/t) on 10:41 - Apr 25 with 2423 viewsTractorCam

You only read the headline didn't you (n/t) on 10:31 - Apr 25 by Johnny_Boy

Well, one of those relegations was down to one person. Unless you want to blame poor old TC.

Mick is happy to throw his best pal TC under the bus for that one!

I didn’t ‘Hound’ Mick out but i do on 10:42 - Apr 25 with 2416 viewsTractorCam

I didn’t ‘Hound’ Mick out but i do on 10:30 - Apr 25 by Bluedandy

Hooray another thread about Mick McCarthy ...

The idea that Town fans could not have wished for anything better than Mick's brand of joyless pragmatism is laughable ....

The fact that our ditherer in chief screwed up the succession is entirely predictable ...

Mick should have been dismissed at the end of 2016-2017 when the relationship with the fans was already broken and we'd just had our lowest league finish in decades.

That would have spared us the misery of Paul Hurst but the man with no plan waited until it was far too late.

Oh and the outpouring of keyboard superciliousness re: numbskulls is always a joy to read and says so much more about the giver than the taker ...

He should have been sacked after that Lincoln game for me, that's when I was first properly 'Mick out'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024