Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? 19:54 - Apr 24 with 9647 viewsunstableblue

I did say I wasn’t going to comment on Mick anymore... but his ridiculous comments need some feedback and who better than Mick Mills.

His frankly brilliant insight to where it all went wrong for Mick M and why his tenure was unsustainable is all people need to hear. And what the 80% numbskulls would all agree with.

It’s simple - after some losses we moved to a very reserved style of often 8 defensive players, players became more and more conservative, the style less and less expansive, a reliance on LOANEES and a few flare attacking playing out of their skin converting minimal chances does not a sustainable team make, AND THIS IS THE CRITICAL BIT, to be outplayed at home by the top teams is one thing, to be outplayed at home by mid table teams is another but to also be outplayed by the lower table teams was beyond the pale.

Thanks Mick Mills.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 20:00 - Apr 24 with 5298 views66notout

Indeed, he may not have the best broadcasting voice but I can’t think of anyone who speaks more sense and ‘gets it’. Bit concerned that no one has even commented until now.
Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 20:00 - Apr 24 with 5295 viewsDarth_Koont

But it was sustainable. He kept us in the division and for the most part comfortable for 6 years. At the same time as the budget was cut yet the value of the squad increased and the youngsters started to come through.

I think it's fair to criticise Mick and there's no doubt he made mistakes (like any manager) but you can't question the overall job he did here. Or you can but then I'd have to wonder how much of the last 17 years in the Championship has actually sunk in.

Pronouns: He/Him

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 20:26 - Apr 24 with 5253 viewsGarv

It tells a helluva story that fans genuinely are looking forward to League One football more than they did watching Mick McCarthy manage their football club.

He's using it as a boast, which is just so silly and nonsensical.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 20:32 - Apr 24 with 5219 viewsDarth_Koont

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 20:26 - Apr 24 by Garv

It tells a helluva story that fans genuinely are looking forward to League One football more than they did watching Mick McCarthy manage their football club.

Who is looking forward to it more than they would a new season in the Championship?

I'll make the best of it and hope it becomes a positive but I'm dreading it. We haven't even dealt with the fallout of losing players, staff and millions from our budget yet.

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 20:52 - Apr 24 with 5185 viewsJohnny_Boy

Perhaps ST sales would be a better way of judging if people are looking forward to L1.
How were STs looking like under the HOOF regime? Not great if I remember correctly.

Either way, his comments are something you'd expect from a petulant child.
I'm not at all surprised he's still griping on about it. Chippy northerner.
Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 21:02 - Apr 24 with 5123 viewsDarth_Koont

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 20:52 - Apr 24 by Johnny_Boy

Perhaps ST sales would be a better way of judging if people are looking forward to L1.
How were STs looking like under the HOOF regime? Not great if I remember correctly.

Either way, his comments are something you'd expect from a petulant child.
I'm not at all surprised he's still griping on about it. Chippy northerner.

Johnny, I love you to death.

But you'll never have a point as long as you've got a hole.

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 21:15 - Apr 24 with 5082 viewsJohnny_Boy

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 21:02 - Apr 24 by Darth_Koont

Johnny, I love you to death.

But you'll never have a point as long as you've got a hole.

We don't belong in The Championship. We've been treading water for some time now, whether that's been planning short-term or cutting costs accordingly. There are mitigating cases for blame, but it's down to more than one person & been going on longer than just this season.
Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 21:18 - Apr 24 with 5075 viewsDarth_Koont

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 21:15 - Apr 24 by Johnny_Boy

We don't belong in The Championship. We've been treading water for some time now, whether that's been planning short-term or cutting costs accordingly. There are mitigating cases for blame, but it's down to more than one person & been going on longer than just this season.

We were the very definition of belonging in the Championship. That was the issue for most people.

You've got to put all this Stockholm syndrome stuff out of your mind.

Login to get fewer ads

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 22:29 - Apr 24 with 4982 viewsJohnny_Boy

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 21:18 - Apr 24 by Darth_Koont

We were the very definition of belonging in the Championship. That was the issue for most people.

You've got to put all this Stockholm syndrome stuff out of your mind.

Oh I dunno about that. Just because a team has been in the 2nd division for 17yrs, doesn't necessarily mean they belong there & continually deserve to stay there. Stagnation.

The issue for most people was a lack of progressing forward.
Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 22:38 - Apr 24 with 4945 viewsBluefish

Haha Haha are you the most gullible person in the world? No one is actually happy about it and there really isn't great football and excitement under Lambert.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 23:07 - Apr 24 with 4895 viewsKeaneish

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 20:00 - Apr 24 by Darth_Koont

But it was sustainable. He kept us in the division and for the most part comfortable for 6 years. At the same time as the budget was cut yet the value of the squad increased and the youngsters started to come through.

I think it's fair to criticise Mick and there's no doubt he made mistakes (like any manager) but you can't question the overall job he did here. Or you can but then I'd have to wonder how much of the last 17 years in the Championship has actually sunk in.

It wasn't sustainable. It's why he left.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 23:10 - Apr 24 with 4889 viewsHerbivore

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 23:07 - Apr 24 by Keaneish

I don't think you understand why he left. It was nothing to do with sustainability.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 23:16 - Apr 24 with 4861 viewsStNeotsBlue

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 23:10 - Apr 24 by Herbivore

I don't think you understand why he left. It was nothing to do with sustainability.

Surely it was a combination of the awful football, stay away fans and the increasingly toxic relationship between the manager and SOME fans. I was never a massive MMc outer but it had reached a tipping point where he had to go, we clearly haven't kicked on in form this season but his time here was done.
Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 23:25 - Apr 24 with 4835 viewsHerbivore

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 23:16 - Apr 24 by StNeotsBlue

Surely it was a combination of the awful football, stay away fans and the increasingly toxic relationship between the manager and SOME fans. I was never a massive MMc outer but it had reached a tipping point where he had to go, we clearly haven't kicked on in form this season but his time here was done.

Sure his time here was over but that's a separate issue. The way he managed us was perfectly sustainable, 4 top half finishes in 5 seasons and an improved league position last year. Nothing to suggest that couldn't be sustained.

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 23:35 - Apr 24 with 4808 viewsStNeotsBlue

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 23:25 - Apr 24 by Herbivore

Sure his time here was over but that's a separate issue. The way he managed us was perfectly sustainable, 4 top half finishes in 5 seasons and an improved league position last year. Nothing to suggest that couldn't be sustained.

It couldn't be sustained, the number of fans either not coming or the number vociferously objecting would only increase. Never going to be a recipe for success.

I'm not happy with where we are now but we'd become the type of team we as fans used to sneer at for their negative approach.
Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 06:30 - Apr 25 with 4687 viewsKropotkin123

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 20:00 - Apr 24 by Darth_Koont

It wasn't sustainable because too many fans were staying away.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 06:39 - Apr 25 with 4668 viewsballycastle

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 23:07 - Apr 24 by Keaneish

Why do the silly fetish boys not get this? We were dying, the football was absolutely atrocious anti football, crowds were decreasing week by week, MM was instigating a players versus crowd atmosphere, only a fool praises that .
Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 07:22 - Apr 25 with 4617 viewsblueconscience

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 21:15 - Apr 24 by Johnny_Boy

Would have been interesting to see where we would have finished for the last couple of seasons under Mick if Bart had been in the form He is in this season. He saved a lot of points for Mick.

Not a dig, just a curious observation/question!
[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 7:22]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 07:31 - Apr 25 with 4549 viewsm14_blue

I liked Mick as a manager and admire him as a man but he’d be well advised to stop picking at the scab now I reckon.
Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 07:40 - Apr 25 with 4516 viewsHerbivore

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 23:35 - Apr 24 by StNeotsBlue

It couldn't be sustained, the number of fans either not coming or the number vociferously objecting would only increase. Never going to be a recipe for success.

I'm not happy with where we are now but we'd become the type of team we as fans used to sneer at for their negative approach.

Disagree.

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 07:43 - Apr 25 with 4506 viewsJohnny_Boy

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 07:22 - Apr 25 by blueconscience

Would have been interesting to see where we would have finished for the last couple of seasons under Mick if Bart had been in the form He is in this season. He saved a lot of points for Mick.

Not a dig, just a curious observation/question!
[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 7:22]

I was thinking this myself. And it's not just been Bart either. You can add Chambers & Knudsen into the mix of experienced players just having absolute shockers.
Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 07:50 - Apr 25 with 4486 viewsBenters2

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 06:39 - Apr 25 by ballycastle

Why do the silly fetish boys not get this? We were dying, the football was absolutely atrocious anti football, crowds were decreasing week by week, MM was instigating a players versus crowd atmosphere, only a fool praises that .

Plenty of them on here bud.
Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 10:27 - Apr 25 with 4362 viewsJohnny_Boy

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 23:10 - Apr 24 by Herbivore

A genuine fear of well below 4,000 ST renewals was why he 'mutually' left.

Sustainability was clearly the reasoning behind it!

Even YOU can't bury your head in the sand to that. Or can you?
[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 10:28]
Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 10:34 - Apr 25 with 4337 viewsHerbivore

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 10:27 - Apr 25 by Johnny_Boy

A genuine fear of well below 4,000 ST renewals was why he 'mutually' left.

Sustainability was clearly the reasoning behind it!

Even YOU can't bury your head in the sand to that. Or can you?
[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 10:28]

We can all make up numbers, mate. I love that Mick still makes you lose your head.

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 10:41 - Apr 25 with 4317 viewsJohnny_Boy

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 10:34 - Apr 25 by Herbivore

We can all make up numbers, mate. I love that Mick still makes you lose your head.

No sense of pointing out the irony to the person that religiously stays up all night on a football forum, down-voting anything vaguely Anti-MM.

I genuinely do worry for you sometimes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024