Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Utd are a shambles 21:25 - Apr 24 with 5322 viewsIllinoisblue

absolute shambles

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Utd are a shambles on 21:28 - Apr 24 with 5305 viewsSuperblue95

United fans are probably the happiest they’ve ever been whilst losing a game

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Utd are a shambles on 21:35 - Apr 24 with 5285 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Amazing how Solskjaer's record has turned round so rapidly. Does it coincide with him getting his contract?

Did you hear Keane's comment about the players before the match?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Utd are a shambles on 21:42 - Apr 24 with 5257 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Utd are a shambles on 21:35 - Apr 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

Amazing how Solskjaer's record has turned round so rapidly. Does it coincide with him getting his contract?

Didn't hear Keanes comments, what did he say.

One thing is for sure, they should sell pogba.

United have concentrated on buying social media hits, rather than footballers.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Utd are a shambles on 21:45 - Apr 24 with 5232 viewsIllinoisblue

Utd are a shambles on 21:42 - Apr 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

Fred has been abysmal.

62 - 78 - 81

Utd are a shambles on 21:46 - Apr 24 with 5220 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Utd are a shambles on 21:42 - Apr 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

"But I sat next to Ole in the changing room for 11 years. I have a ‘feeling’ towards him. I’m not going sit here and be quiet and watch those players throw him under a bus, it’s not happening."

Fair comment Roy

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Utd are a shambles on 21:48 - Apr 24 with 5209 viewsFixed_It

I have no idea why they offered him a three year contract. Sure, he made an immediate impact when he came in, but he would have happily accepted a rolling one year contract I reckon. It's not looking so clever right now.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Utd are a shambles on 21:50 - Apr 24 with 5189 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Utd are a shambles on 21:46 - Apr 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

"But I sat next to Ole in the changing room for 11 years. I have a ‘feeling’ towards him. I’m not going sit here and be quiet and watch those players throw him under a bus, it’s not happening."

Fair comment Roy

Not that one.

He was asked if the players would stand up and be counted or something along those lines and he said something like I gave up on these players months ago.

Utd are a shambles on 21:55 - Apr 24 with 5158 viewsITFC_Forever

They’re nowhere near City’s class.

De Gea was awful for both goals, it’s almost like he wants Liverpool not to win the league.

Keane was spot on with his pre-match comments about the United players. They’re an embarrassment to the club.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Utd are a shambles on 21:59 - Apr 24 with 5128 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Utd are a shambles on 21:48 - Apr 24 by Fixed_It

I have no idea why they offered him a three year contract. Sure, he made an immediate impact when he came in, but he would have happily accepted a rolling one year contract I reckon. It's not looking so clever right now.

It made some sense but they seemed naïve to do so. No other club was going to sign him ahead of them were they? It would have been wise for them to give him some bigger tests in the Champions League and wait until this sort of stage to decide.

That said, it was nice to see them put faith in what he had done. There is no doubt he had turned them around very quickly when he first went in. However, I think that said a lot more about player power turning against Mourinho.

Utd are a shambles on 22:01 - Apr 24 with 5110 viewsBrixtonBlue

They didn't offer much but "shambles" is a bit strong.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Utd are a shambles on 22:04 - Apr 24 with 5094 viewsTrequartista

Utd are a shambles on 21:55 - Apr 24 by ITFC_Forever

De Gea was awful for both goals, it’s almost like he wants Liverpool not to win the league.

Keane was spot on with his pre-match comments about the United players. They’re an embarrassment to the club.

I don't think they are not trying, they just haven't got the quality and have a keeper who has been their best player for 4 years making several mistakes.

But enough about Ipswich, Man Utd were second-best tonight.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Utd are a shambles on 22:26 - Apr 24 with 5028 viewsGarv

Utd are a shambles on 21:46 - Apr 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

Fair comment Roy

Unless it was repeated word for word, it was Neville who said that.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Utd are a shambles on 22:40 - Apr 24 with 5000 viewsIllinoisblue

Utd are a shambles on 21:55 - Apr 24 by ITFC_Forever

the gulf in class between two rivals is so glaring. One heading for great things, the other stagnating into oblivion. Sounds familiar....

62 - 78 - 81

Utd are a shambles on 23:06 - Apr 24 with 4939 viewsIllinoisblue

Utd are a shambles on 22:01 - Apr 24 by BrixtonBlue

They didn't offer much but "shambles" is a bit strong.

probably, given the quality of City, but my word, how ordinary they are now.

62 - 78 - 81

Utd are a shambles on 00:03 - Apr 25 with 4882 viewsBrixtonBlue

Utd are a shambles on 23:06 - Apr 24 by Illinoisblue

probably, given the quality of City, but my word, how ordinary they are now.

Yeah. I haven't seen much of them in recent times, but I messaged a mate to say they were a shadow of their recent former selves tonight. Really didn't offer much at all.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Utd are a shambles on 00:38 - Apr 25 with 4843 viewsstonojnr

Utd are a shambles on 21:59 - Apr 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

It made some sense but they seemed naïve to do so. No other club was going to sign him ahead of them were they? It would have been wise for them to give him some bigger tests in the Champions League and wait until this sort of stage to decide.

That said, it was nice to see them put faith in what he had done. There is no doubt he had turned them around very quickly when he first went in. However, I think that said a lot more about player power turning against Mourinho.

but its the classic thing isnt it, Mourinho falls out with the media, so they build the narrative that Mourinho was doing an exceptionally bad job with all these excellent players if only they had a happy manager,so Man Utd blink, bring in Solskjaer, who didnt get results that Mourinho necessarily wouldnt have and he's suddenly hailed as the new heir to Fergie, till the results tail off and the media are all like, well we knew the players were terrible anyway Solskjaer will have to rebuild...er wasnt that what Mourinho was saying was needed
Utd are a shambles on 05:47 - Apr 25 with 4710 viewsm14_blue

Utd are a shambles on 00:38 - Apr 25 by stonojnr

but its the classic thing isnt it, Mourinho falls out with the media, so they build the narrative that Mourinho was doing an exceptionally bad job with all these excellent players if only they had a happy manager,so Man Utd blink, bring in Solskjaer, who didnt get results that Mourinho necessarily wouldnt have and he's suddenly hailed as the new heir to Fergie, till the results tail off and the media are all like, well we knew the players were terrible anyway Solskjaer will have to rebuild...er wasnt that what Mourinho was saying was needed

Except Mourinho had spent a huge amount of money and signed many of those players who have subsequently been shown not to be good enough.
Utd are a shambles on 05:50 - Apr 25 with 4708 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Utd are a shambles on 00:38 - Apr 25 by stonojnr

They won 14 of their first 17 games under Solskjaer - seems pretty far fetched to believe they would have done the same under Mourinho given the way they had been playing

Mourinho was also right that a rebuild was required but it was his expensively assembled squad that needed rebuilding

Agree with others in this thread that United were too hasty to extend Solskjaer’s deal, but that doesn’t mean he didn’t initially do excellently in the job

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Utd are a shambles on 06:42 - Apr 25 with 4663 viewsballycastle

Take a look at the fixtures he had in his first 8 games. Also he hasn't increased their yardage, tackles or interceptions.
Utd are a shambles on 06:47 - Apr 25 with 4652 viewsm14_blue

Utd are a shambles on 06:42 - Apr 25 by ballycastle

Take a look at the fixtures he had in his first 8 games. Also he hasn't increased their yardage, tackles or interceptions.

He did have a gentle start but to be fair after that they did win away at Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea and PSG.

Utter madness to confirm him before the end of the season though, I’m at a loss to see what the benefit was.
Utd are a shambles on 07:08 - Apr 25 with 4613 viewsTractorWood

To me, United have lost their soul post Fergie. Fergie built a team based an ethos. Now United just buy globally appealing icons and hope they'll gel with Chris Smalling and Phil Jones.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024