Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am not happy with Mick 22:03 - Apr 24 with 8606 viewsBluefish

He has long won the war and humiliated the numbskulls, they are so quiet these days because they know how badly they got it wrong. It is sad to see Mick laying the boot in when they are down even if he is right

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I am not happy with Mick on 22:06 - Apr 24 with 4838 viewsTractorCam

Feel sorry for Chambers, Skuse etc who have to read these comments knowing he seemingly doesn't care about the relegation if he's happy to add the 'but the fans.....'

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

I am not happy with Mick on 22:08 - Apr 24 with 4813 viewsBluefish

I am not happy with Mick on 22:06 - Apr 24 by TractorCam

Feel sorry for Chambers, Skuse etc who have to read these comments knowing he seemingly doesn't care about the relegation if he's happy to add the 'but the fans.....'

He isn't happy he is sad for the players and the majority of fans. He is just laughing at the muppets

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I am not happy with Mick on 22:10 - Apr 24 with 4800 viewsPJH

I am not happy with Mick on 22:06 - Apr 24 by TractorCam

I am sure he does care about the relegation and the decent people on and off the pitch who's future will be affected but I think he is quite right to have a little chuckle when he thinks about those "supporters" who got what they deserved.
I am not happy with Mick on 22:10 - Apr 24 with 4792 viewsTractorCam

I am not happy with Mick on 22:08 - Apr 24 by Bluefish

He isn't happy he is sad for the players and the majority of fans. He is just laughing at the muppets

If he's sad for the majority of the fans then he has no reason to create a negative vibe which is clearly going to overshadow the rest of the quote, especially for such a 'small minority'.

I am not happy with Mick on 22:40 - Apr 24 with 4695 viewsfabian_illness

He was ridiculed and abused on a daily basis by people on this very site, there were awful things written about him.
He’s earned the right to have a little dig.
I am not happy with Mick on 05:45 - Apr 25 with 4516 viewsBenters2

I am not happy with Mick on 22:40 - Apr 24 by fabian_illness

He was ridiculed and abused on a daily basis by people on this very site, there were awful things written about him.

He is of course but for how many years?
I am not happy with Mick on 06:21 - Apr 25 with 4490 viewsKropotkin123

He long lost the "war". His contract wasn't renewed because attendances were in massive decline. Those who "hounded him out" did the right thing, you can't play football in front of no one. We needed a reset.

What has come after doesn't change that fact, nor does him blubbing over a year later.

If you can't see that playing football in front of a fan base is important then you are a numbskull.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

I am not happy with Mick on 06:58 - Apr 25 with 4446 viewsHarry_Palmer

I really couldn't care less what Mick says and I am not offended as I was not one that supposedly hounded him out., however lets be honest he has not won any 'war',

While there may be some truth in Micks comments there is absolutely zero class and the fact that he still keeps bleating on about it a year later just shows him up as a rather bitter, arrogant, and ego inflated individual.

Also the only one getting it 'badly wrong' it would seem, is you. It was quite clear to everybody that Mick's time was up, and making a poor subsequent appointment and selling off all our best players does not invalidate this.
Login to get fewer ads

I am not happy with Mick on 07:05 - Apr 25 with 4417 viewsBenters2

I am not happy with Mick on 06:58 - Apr 25 by Harry_Palmer

I really couldn't care less what Mick says and I am not offended as I was not one that supposedly hounded him out., however lets be honest he has not won any 'war',

While there may be some truth in Micks comments there is absolutely zero class and the fact that he still keeps bleating on about it a year later just shows him up as a rather bitter, arrogant, and ego inflated individual.

Also the only one getting it 'badly wrong' it would seem, is you. It was quite clear to everybody that Mick's time was up, and making a poor subsequent appointment and selling off all our best players does not invalidate this.

I am not happy with Mick on 07:19 - Apr 25 with 4390 viewsTractorCam

I am not happy with Mick on 22:40 - Apr 24 by fabian_illness

Good point, he's been in the dark for about 5 years now, nice to see him finally have a pop.

I am not happy with Mick on 08:57 - Apr 25 with 4277 viewsWhymarkmariner

The biggest problem with McCarthy being "Glad" that ITFC are being relegated is that many loyal fans and devoted workers at PR will shed a tear for Town being relegated. Not just because of our history, but because of the livelyhood that ITFC brings to not just those that work at PR, but also those that will be indirectly affected by their loss of Championship status. To make it about himself, who was handsomely paid for relative failure and is now probably being paid a decent wedge he should keep quiet and be thankful for what he has and have some humility for those that didn't comment on his tenure and will now be the poorer for the demise of a once great club.
I am not happy with Mick on 09:06 - Apr 25 with 4244 viewsbluejacko

The reason people have gone quiet over Mighty Mouth is the fact we have moved on! Some of you just can’t get over it and stir the pot whenever you can. Humilated by a manager whose contract was up and flounced out of the club in a strop,don’t think so!
I am not happy with Mick on 09:07 - Apr 25 with 4239 viewsPJH

I am not happy with Mick on 08:57 - Apr 25 by Whymarkmariner

The biggest problem with McCarthy being "Glad" that ITFC are being relegated is that many loyal fans and devoted workers at PR will shed a tear for Town being relegated. Not just because of our history, but because of the livelyhood that ITFC brings to not just those that work at PR, but also those that will be indirectly affected by their loss of Championship status. To make it about himself, who was handsomely paid for relative failure and is now probably being paid a decent wedge he should keep quiet and be thankful for what he has and have some humility for those that didn't comment on his tenure and will now be the poorer for the demise of a once great club.

Fine but at no point does he say that he is "glad" and in fact he says the opposite.
As I said in my post last night I am sure that he feels sorry for all the people affected that deserve to be felt sorry for, as to the others.....
I am not happy with Mick on 09:12 - Apr 25 with 4205 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Mick paradox. He was keeping us up but destroying the club at the same time (from a fans perspective that is).

It's all a bit bizarre. There's been more connection and enjoyment this season than for many of the previous ones. IF we can challenge in L1 and hopefully come back up I won't lose any sleep about Mick leaving or what he says.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I am not happy with Mick on 10:03 - Apr 25 with 4130 viewsTractorCam

I am not happy with Mick on 09:07 - Apr 25 by PJH

Fine but at no point does he say that he is "glad" and in fact he says the opposite.
As I said in my post last night I am sure that he feels sorry for all the people affected that deserve to be felt sorry for, as to the others.....

BUT adds an unnecessary comment to stir things up, for the 'small minority' of fans who hounded him out. His only mention of the fans in that article is to enjoy the sexy league 1 football, no positive on the fanbase as a whole.

I am not happy with Mick on 10:19 - Apr 25 with 4091 viewsHerbivore

I am not happy with Mick on 09:12 - Apr 25 by Swansea_Blue

The Mick paradox. He was keeping us up but destroying the club at the same time (from a fans perspective that is).

It's all a bit bizarre. There's been more connection and enjoyment this season than for many of the previous ones. IF we can challenge in L1 and hopefully come back up I won't lose any sleep about Mick leaving or what he says.

More enjoyment?! For masochists maybe. I've hated this season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I am not happy with Mick on 10:30 - Apr 25 with 4038 viewsSwansea_Blue

I am not happy with Mick on 10:19 - Apr 25 by Herbivore

You probably see more games than me. The vast majority I've seen have been better watching than stuff I saw under Mick. Saturday was as flat as a pancake though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I am not happy with Mick on 10:31 - Apr 25 with 4041 viewsBlueBadger

Saw someone after Brum saying 'well, we've not been humiliated', which if you ignore the fact that we're going to finish bottom, can't defend, can't score and our arch-rivals are likely to win the division is entirely correct.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 10:33]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I am not happy with Mick on 10:33 - Apr 25 with 4029 viewsHerbivore

I am not happy with Mick on 10:30 - Apr 25 by Swansea_Blue

You probably see more games than me. The vast majority I've seen have been better watching than stuff I saw under Mick. Saturday was as flat as a pancake though.

We've been really poor in most games and I go to games with no belief we can win. It's been horrible.

I am not happy with Mick on 10:34 - Apr 25 with 4025 viewsTractorCam

The point he's making is a large proportion of fans have been looking forward to games now than before. The atmosphere is the best i've known it, the numbers in the crowds are up. Had Mick have been here this season I dread to know what the attendances would have been. Clearly football is a results business, but Mick and Evans target was promotion. We failed that target and that squad was more than capable of being in the play offs.

The community is now much more together with the club, which is a good start. Personally I didn't expect Lambert to keep us up, but I didn't expect to be this far adrift. He has failed on the pitch, like Hurst did and like Mick did in his last 3 years. He's sorted out the club off pitch, which has got most fans more engaged, but will desperately need results in August/September otherwise it's back to being sour.

I am not happy with Mick on 10:36 - Apr 25 with 4021 viewsArnieM

I’d say there is only one numbskull in all this and that is Mick Bitter McCarthy. He continues to hang himself by opening his very large trap . Carry on Mick you’re doing a grand job all on your own.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I am not happy with Mick on 10:42 - Apr 25 with 3998 viewsHerbivore

I am not happy with Mick on 10:34 - Apr 25 by TractorCam

The point he's making is a large proportion of fans have been looking forward to games now than before. The atmosphere is the best i've known it, the numbers in the crowds are up. Had Mick have been here this season I dread to know what the attendances would have been. Clearly football is a results business, but Mick and Evans target was promotion. We failed that target and that squad was more than capable of being in the play offs.

The community is now much more together with the club, which is a good start. Personally I didn't expect Lambert to keep us up, but I didn't expect to be this far adrift. He has failed on the pitch, like Hurst did and like Mick did in his last 3 years. He's sorted out the club off pitch, which has got most fans more engaged, but will desperately need results in August/September otherwise it's back to being sour.

Yeah, I disagree with a fair bit of that. I haven't looked forward to a game in a long time to be honest.

I am not happy with Mick on 10:43 - Apr 25 with 3990 viewsTractorCam

I am not happy with Mick on 10:42 - Apr 25 by Herbivore

Yeah, I disagree with a fair bit of that. I haven't looked forward to a game in a long time to be honest.

Well the majority have, more than last 3 seasons. Because of the atmosphere, football is more than just scrapping a 1-0 win here and there.

Like I say, we will now definitely need the results to back up the off field stuff.

I am not happy with Mick on 10:44 - Apr 25 with 3988 viewsBlueBadger

I am not happy with Mick on 10:36 - Apr 25 by ArnieM

I’d say there is only one numbskull in all this and that is Mick Bitter McCarthy. He continues to hang himself by opening his very large trap . Carry on Mick you’re doing a grand job all on your own.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I am not happy with Mick on 10:46 - Apr 25 with 3979 viewsHerbivore

I am not happy with Mick on 10:43 - Apr 25 by TractorCam

Well the majority have, more than last 3 seasons. Because of the atmosphere, football is more than just scrapping a 1-0 win here and there.

Like I say, we will now definitely need the results to back up the off field stuff.

Is football about scrapping a 1-0 loss instead now?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024