Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McGoldrick 11:54 - Apr 26 with 6232 viewsBluefish

The big positive is that he knows plays in front of fans where they all appreciate him. We always had a section here that didn't understand, he was slated for being lazy and having no pace. It is usually the same section that say they don't see anything in Skuse.

I am also grateful that we got to see him in his time here. He made the entrance fee worthwhile.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

McGoldrick on 11:55 - Apr 26 with 4920 viewsKieran_Knows

If you couldn't appreciate David McGoldrick then there's no hope for anyone.

For the little we did see of him, he was miles ahead of anyone else we had. All the best to him with the Blades in the Prem.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

McGoldrick on 11:56 - Apr 26 with 4910 viewsReuser_is_God

I hope this thread is more a McGoldrick tribute & doesn't descend into another Skuse debate...

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

McGoldrick on 11:57 - Apr 26 with 4898 viewsReuser_is_God

McGoldrick on 11:55 - Apr 26 by Kieran_Knows

For the little we did see of him, he was miles ahead of anyone else we had. All the best to him with the Blades in the Prem.

When people say "we should've taken the £8m for him"

Evans out

McGoldrick on 11:59 - Apr 26 with 4888 viewsBluefish

McGoldrick on 11:56 - Apr 26 by Reuser_is_God

I hope this thread is more a McGoldrick tribute & doesn't descend into another Skuse debate...

Agreed

McGoldrick on 11:59 - Apr 26 with 4888 viewsfooters

McGoldrick on 11:55 - Apr 26 by Kieran_Knows

And some persist with the bizarre idea he was swinging the lead here!

Good luck to him :)

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

McGoldrick on 11:59 - Apr 26 with 4885 viewsNo9

That's rather a confused post if you don't mind me saying so.
McGoldrick on 12:00 - Apr 26 with 4877 viewsBluefish

McGoldrick on 11:57 - Apr 26 by Reuser_is_God

It was a lot of money but i would have been devastated. I was so miserable pre match that day at Derby

McGoldrick on 12:05 - Apr 26 with 4846 viewsFixed_It

I think had Didzy being playing regularly for us and we were pushing for promotion then there would be a real positivity about him here too.
He was indeed a fantastic footballer - a joy to watch and at his best worth the entrance fee by himself. Unfortunately, his injury issues coincided with a time when our fortunes were not so good, and this made him (unfairly) a bit of an easy target for some of our fans (who like a scapegoat).
As ever, there is an element of trolling in the OP and the circumstances are not really comparable.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

McGoldrick on 12:08 - Apr 26 with 4825 viewsBluefish

McGoldrick on 12:05 - Apr 26 by Fixed_It

I think had Didzy being playing regularly for us and we were pushing for promotion then there would be a real positivity about him here too.
He was indeed a fantastic footballer - a joy to watch and at his best worth the entrance fee by himself. Unfortunately, his injury issues coincided with a time when our fortunes were not so good, and this made him (unfairly) a bit of an easy target for some of our fans (who like a scapegoat).
As ever, there is an element of trolling in the OP and the circumstances are not really comparable.

Be strong love, don't respond to trolls or just take your crying away from my didz love in

McGoldrick on 12:09 - Apr 26 with 4825 viewshomer_123

McGoldrick on 11:56 - Apr 26 by Reuser_is_God

There is no debate re. Skuse. Hugely undervalued and underrated.

Darn it...I've fallen into Fish's trap!!!!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

McGoldrick on 12:10 - Apr 26 with 4813 viewshomer_123

McGoldrick on 11:57 - Apr 26 by Reuser_is_God

is one of those Evans?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

McGoldrick on 12:11 - Apr 26 with 4805 viewsPJH

McG was joy to watch for us, a really classy player.

Pleased for him that he might be playing in the Premier League next season(Sheff U will be so hopefully Didz will get some games).

He is one of the many things that I miss from what we had last season.
McGoldrick on 12:13 - Apr 26 with 4784 viewsITFC_Forever

Absolute class act - he was so much better than the rest of our players. When he then got injured, we missed him so much it was embarrassing.

All that said, we couldn't keep him fit, and he took up a lot of our wage budget. When you're the (or one of) the highest paid players in the squad, a club of our size needs that player to be playing every week.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

McGoldrick on 12:14 - Apr 26 with 4784 viewsReuser_is_God

McGoldrick on 12:00 - Apr 26 by Bluefish

It was a lot of money but i would have been devastated. I was so miserable pre match that day at Derby

He went on to play a crucial role that season too.

We were sh1t from February onwards when he was out injured.

Evans out

McGoldrick on 12:17 - Apr 26 with 4748 viewsReuser_is_God

McGoldrick on 12:10 - Apr 26 by homer_123

is one of those Evans?

Probably, but he's a melt.

Evans out

McGoldrick on 12:23 - Apr 26 with 4713 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

If Didz was slightly quicker he would have been a top 10 prem player. Absolutely brilliant player.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

McGoldrick on 12:31 - Apr 26 with 4686 viewsArnieM

The question is , why was he injured for most of his time here ( and prior to that at Forest), yes since he’s joined Blades he’s been ever present, why?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

McGoldrick on 12:44 - Apr 26 with 4628 viewsBluefish

McGoldrick on 12:31 - Apr 26 by ArnieM

The question is , why was he injured for most of his time here ( and prior to that at Forest), yes since he’s joined Blades he’s been ever present, why?

Why do you get a cold some years and other years you get 2 but then some years you don't get any?

McGoldrick on 12:59 - Apr 26 with 4551 viewsitfcjoe

We'll never know sadly - but most of it will be luck.

Even last year he is fit and firing, and gets a horror challenge which opens up a gash in his thigh and he is out for weeks.

He was also far and away our best player when fit, so maybe was brought back a little too early sometimes? Sheff U have more options at a similar level and have been able to rest him a bit more effectively

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

McGoldrick on 13:01 - Apr 26 with 4526 viewshampstead_blue

He is a wonderful player. A bit more pace and he would have been a Prem regular.

Have Sheff Utd played him for 90 mins each game or are they 'nursing him' through?

I would have preferred to have kept him and sold Bart - given the choice of two very large wages on the books.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

McGoldrick on 13:03 - Apr 26 with 4516 viewsKropotkin123

The team really plays to his strengths now, which wasn't the case under McCarthy (please don't turn this into a McCarthy thread). I'm not sure you can say the same people who don't appreciate Skuse, don't appreciate McGoldrick. Seems a little far-fetched.

The critique of McGoldrick came under to categories. Not appreciated (unjustified). Too injury prone for our limited budget (justified).

I hope he gets a good reception from our fans. Deserves it.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

McGoldrick on 13:45 - Apr 26 with 4361 viewsNo9

McGoldrick on 12:44 - Apr 26 by Bluefish

Why do you get a cold some years and other years you get 2 but then some years you don't get any?

That doesn't address a very real concern does it?
Didz was & is not the only player where questions arise = Webster, Bishop to name but 2
McGoldrick on 13:48 - Apr 26 with 4346 viewsBluefish

McGoldrick on 13:45 - Apr 26 by No9

That doesn't address a very real concern does it?
Didz was & is not the only player where questions arise = Webster, Bishop to name but 2

We read over and over that it was definitely the training methods of the ex ex manager. The ex manager claimed he would fix it all and we had just as many injuries if not more. The injuries have continued under the current manager. As it was pointed out by the sane ones, injuries generally come down to luck, no player or agent would allow bad methods to risk injury.

McGoldrick on 14:05 - Apr 26 with 4293 viewsBluesquid

Promotion bonus.
McGoldrick on 14:12 - Apr 26 with 4266 viewsNthQldITFC

Quality, intelligent footballer who constructs the game around him. Counago was similarly under appreciated by some.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024