Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) 12:59 - Apr 26 with 6705 viewsMaySixth

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 13:00 - Apr 26 with 5359 viewsBluefish

Hopefully just some sort of loyalty gesture

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 13:01 - Apr 26 with 5345 viewsIpswichKnight

Probably so PL can see if it's worth offering a new contract to Gerks or not.
Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 13:04 - Apr 26 with 5329 viewsPJH

That is a question that could have been answered with "why shouldn't he be?" for most of this season.

I think it is starting to look like only one of them will be here next season and maybe PL is still undecided which one.
Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 13:11 - Apr 26 with 5284 viewschicoazul

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 13:01 - Apr 26 by IpswichKnight

Gerken is off in the summer. Anyone who was going to get an extension or new offer has already had it offered to them.
Source; HP

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 13:16 - Apr 26 with 5260 viewsWhymarkmariner

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 13:04 - Apr 26 by PJH

That is a question that could have been answered with "why shouldn't he be?" for most of this season.

I think it is starting to look like only one of them will be here next season and maybe PL is still undecided which one.

One thing we do know is when Bart's good he's good, Gerken's never been better than average. Sometimes it's forgotten that even the best have a blip. Look at David de Gea at the moment.Would Gerken suffice if Town were offered a decent wedge for Bart ? But then if we did get promotion then we'd have to look for another keeper because in my opinion Gerken is not reliable enough. Sadly this is but one of the reasons we are where we are because players have either been injured, not been good enough or lost form all at the same time.
Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 13:33 - Apr 26 with 5206 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 13:01 - Apr 26 by IpswichKnight

Were the 8 games he played under Lambert in December and January not enough to decide that then?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 13:34 - Apr 26 with 5204 viewsITFC_Forever

Couple of possible reasons.... either:
- PL hasn't decided who he'll keep.
- PL has decided Gerken is on his way and is giving him an opportunity to show what he can do.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 13:37 - Apr 26 with 5191 viewsNo9

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 13:16 - Apr 26 by Whymarkmariner

One thing we do know is when Bart's good he's good, Gerken's never been better than average. Sometimes it's forgotten that even the best have a blip. Look at David de Gea at the moment.Would Gerken suffice if Town were offered a decent wedge for Bart ? But then if we did get promotion then we'd have to look for another keeper because in my opinion Gerken is not reliable enough. Sadly this is but one of the reasons we are where we are because players have either been injured, not been good enough or lost form all at the same time.

Yes, if Bart can recover form he would be an ideal GK for any team aspiring promotion from Div 3 to Div 2.
DG isn't good enough now and if Bart can't recover then a new GK is a must as part of re-developing the spine of the team
Login to get fewer ads

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 13:51 - Apr 26 with 5150 viewsTractorCam

Because Bart will be sold and we will be seeing if Gerken is worth a new contract.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 13:52 - Apr 26 with 5141 viewsBluefish

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 13:51 - Apr 26 by TractorCam

Because Bart will be sold and we will be seeing if Gerken is worth a new contract.

I can answer that for you now

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 13:55 - Apr 26 with 5125 viewsTractorCam

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 13:52 - Apr 26 by Bluefish

I can answer that for you now

Bart - championship club
Gerken - yes

I presume?

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 13:56 - Apr 26 with 5121 viewstextbackup

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 13:11 - Apr 26 by chicoazul

Gerken is off in the summer. Anyone who was going to get an extension or new offer has already had it offered to them.
Source; HP

gerken has been offered a contract, with a £6k hit per week, source - absolute watertight, but cant say more than that

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 13:58 - Apr 26 with 5102 viewsBluefish

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 13:55 - Apr 26 by TractorCam

Bart - championship club
Gerken - yes

I presume?

I think there is a good chance Bart will stay. Whether he does or doesn't we need better than Gerken.

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 14:02 - Apr 26 with 5082 viewsKieran_Knows

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 13:56 - Apr 26 by textbackup

gerken has been offered a contract, with a £6k hit per week, source - absolute watertight, but cant say more than that

Bloomin' eck! Think we could do with freshening the keepers up to be honest.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 14:07 - Apr 26 with 5059 viewsmuccletonjoe

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 14:02 - Apr 26 by Kieran_Knows

i would freshen up the whole defence
new goalie
wolfy and ndaba
kenlock and a new right back
Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 14:08 - Apr 26 with 5055 viewstextbackup

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 14:02 - Apr 26 by Kieran_Knows

same here.

I may have worded that wrongly, im not sure a deal has been 100% offered but on last discussions that figure was bound about (£4k a week)

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 14:08 - Apr 26 with 5051 viewsTractorCam

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 13:58 - Apr 26 by Bluefish

I think there is a good chance Bart will stay. Whether he does or doesn't we need better than Gerken.

Bart is too good for league 1 and will get a better deal somewhere else, he will definitely be off. Gerken I agree but I can't see us offloading both keepers as then we need to bring in another 2.

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 14:49 - Apr 26 with 4934 viewschicoazul

Nope.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 14:55 - Apr 26 with 4899 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 14:08 - Apr 26 by textbackup

same here.

I may have worded that wrongly, im not sure a deal has been 100% offered but on last discussions that figure was bound about (£4k a week)

He’s on £10k a week?! Not convinced by that, based on what I’ve heard re other players contracts

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 14:57 - Apr 26 with 4892 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 13:51 - Apr 26 by TractorCam

He’s 33 years old and played 300+ senior games including 9 under Lambert who has managed him for 6 months

If Lambert doesn’t know by know if he’s worth a contract or not then heaven help us
[Post edited 26 Apr 2019 15:21]

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 14:58 - Apr 26 with 4881 viewsDeano69

Theres some pretty big drops in weekly salary across the board

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 15:09 - Apr 26 with 4848 viewstextbackup

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 14:55 - Apr 26 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

He’s on £10k a week?! Not convinced by that, based on what I’ve heard re other players contracts

I dont mind what you believe, all I know is the source is watertight.

So ive no reason to not believe it

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 15:17 - Apr 26 with 4821 viewsBluefish

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 15:09 - Apr 26 by textbackup

Source must be Richard Wright

Everyone knows that plugs are watertight

on 15:20 - Apr 26 with 4815 views_

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 15:49 - Apr 26 with 4725 viewschicoazul

Why is Gerken starting over Bialkowski? (n/t) on 15:09 - Apr 26 by textbackup

There is no way in all of Hell's creation that Gerken, a second choice Championship keeper at a club with a 17m players wage budget, is on 500 grand.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024