Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are not coming straight back next year without some really good signings 22:14 - Apr 27 with 2146 viewsnodge_blue

Let’s face it we show no signs of having any momentum going into the new season. We have no goal scorer. Keane looks like he would be a huge gamble to sign given his injury record.

Our midfield isn’t creative enough. Our defence is weak. I have been reluctant to berate chambers but he looked so shakey today. Nsiala did ok but always has a huge blunder in him every game.

The pluses are bishop, judge, downes, lankaster and that really is about it, I think skuse will be ok in div 1. And one of the two keepers.

It was pretty depressing stuff today. But I will be there next season. Please god this has to be the bottom! But I fear we may be down for a few seasons.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

We are not coming straight back next year without some really good signings on 22:17 - Apr 27 with 2124 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We need 3 things:

Good signings
Better protection from injuries
Better tactics

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

We are not coming straight back next year without some really good signings on 22:23 - Apr 27 with 2080 viewsGluedtoBlue

I rate Keane as a footballer and whilst not prolific I think he'd be great in a two man attack - his injury record is pretty poor though so doubt he'll be offered terms.

Personally, I think minimum requirement is:

Someone to compete at FB (both sides preferably)
A CB
2 Strikers
A winger

5-6 signings assuming core of squad stays. Be amazed if it happens.

Think Woolfenden and Rowe will be involved next year but it's a step up for them. With the other 'kids' it's a tier lower but the demand over a season even in L1 is a big task.

Think we'll be upper mid table with luck potentially seeing us sneak playoffs. I'm not a pessimist but cannot see us running away with it.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

We are not coming straight back next year without some really good signings on 22:28 - Apr 27 with 2065 viewsHARRY10

It is also the lack of decent coaching and motivation ? Time and time we see and hear (away games) that we were dire with little commitment.

For my sins I watched both games this evening, and the contrast was frightening. Sheff Utf looked like two goals were enough so eased back a bit. Whilst the scum were at Blackburn like players possessed ..... by the bonus (money) of PL football most likely.

But more importantly Blackburn did not rollover in a game that should have meant little to them. Mowbray had them fighting and battling as it was them securing promotion. Full blooded commitment to the last minute.

So where lies the problem with us ? Have we signed players because their lack of application means other clubs have let them move on cheaply, or, as I suspect are injury prone as with a few?

Or is it Lambert is not up to the task of putting a boot up their backside to remind them of how much they are being paid and what is therefore expected of them ?
We are not coming straight back next year without some really good signings on 22:34 - Apr 27 with 2043 viewsnodge_blue

We are not coming straight back next year without some really good signings on 22:28 - Apr 27 by HARRY10

It is also the lack of decent coaching and motivation ? Time and time we see and hear (away games) that we were dire with little commitment.

For my sins I watched both games this evening, and the contrast was frightening. Sheff Utf looked like two goals were enough so eased back a bit. Whilst the scum were at Blackburn like players possessed ..... by the bonus (money) of PL football most likely.

But more importantly Blackburn did not rollover in a game that should have meant little to them. Mowbray had them fighting and battling as it was them securing promotion. Full blooded commitment to the last minute.

So where lies the problem with us ? Have we signed players because their lack of application means other clubs have let them move on cheaply, or, as I suspect are injury prone as with a few?

Or is it Lambert is not up to the task of putting a boot up their backside to remind them of how much they are being paid and what is therefore expected of them ?

Personally I’ve a lot of time for lambert and the way he’s gone about things. I am not going to judge him until well into next season. We need to stick with someone and back them as fans as we have done so far.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

We are not coming straight back next year without some really good signings on 22:38 - Apr 27 with 2021 viewsGuthrum

I don't think you really can take 'momentum' into relegation - at least not on the pitch.

The motion of travel is unavoidably downwards. The team is equally obviously bad, otherwise we wouldn't be in this position. It would be more of a surprise if we did suddenly start pulling out performances after it's confirmed we're going down (rather than before, when it might be helpful in evading that fate).

However, there will be wholesale changes this summer. With the number of loans and contracts coming to an end, about a dozen players will be off. Plus probably a few sales/releases. Thus there will also have to be signings, to replace them. Indeed, to (more adequately) replace some of those who went a year ago.

Also, the standard of opposition will be, in the main, lower. League One may contain Sunderland, but it also includes Rochdale and Fleetwood, teams which have never graced the top two tiers of English football.

This, in many ways, will be a clean break - as long as we discard the baggage of this season. We maintain high morale without believing success will come just because of who we are (or used to be). We attack this as a new project, not a continuation of our present woes.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

We are not coming straight back next year without some really good signings on 22:44 - Apr 27 with 1983 viewsGuthrum

We are not coming straight back next year without some really good signings on 22:34 - Apr 27 by nodge_blue

Personally I’ve a lot of time for lambert and the way he’s gone about things. I am not going to judge him until well into next season. We need to stick with someone and back them as fans as we have done so far.

We can't afford to sack another manager at this point. Further upheaval is the last thing we need.

In any case, with whom would we replace Lambert?

We are not coming straight back next year without some really good signings on 23:06 - Apr 27 with 1918 viewsFelstow1978

We are not coming straight back next year without some really good signings on 22:44 - Apr 27 by Guthrum

We can't afford to sack another manager at this point. Further upheaval is the last thing we need.

In any case, with whom would we replace Lambert?

On the basis of the results he's achieved this season, a retarded, blind and one armed baboon would do as well.

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

We are not coming straight back next year without some really good signings on 04:33 - Apr 28 with 1771 viewsBenters2

Sadly I think you are correct.
Login to get fewer ads

We are not coming straight back next year without some really good signings on 06:49 - Apr 28 with 1700 viewsbrogansnose

We are not coming straight back next year without some really good signings on 04:33 - Apr 28 by Benters2

Sadly I think you are correct.

Given that there will be even less money coming into the club now, then I've no idea how we will fund new signings. What we have got isn't that saleable apart from some promosing youngsters that we've been told are going to form the basis of the next team. Some no mark spent the money last summer.
We are not coming straight back next year without some really good signings on 06:54 - Apr 28 with 1686 viewsBenters2

We are not coming straight back next year without some really good signings on 06:49 - Apr 28 by brogansnose

Given that there will be even less money coming into the club now, then I've no idea how we will fund new signings. What we have got isn't that saleable apart from some promosing youngsters that we've been told are going to form the basis of the next team. Some no mark spent the money last summer.

'dont worry bout a thing,every little thing gonna be alright'.
We are not coming straight back next year without some really good signings on 07:25 - Apr 28 with 1634 viewsbrogansnose

We are not coming straight back next year without some really good signings on 06:54 - Apr 28 by Benters2

'dont worry bout a thing,every little thing gonna be alright'.

When you're in the situation, and that goes for everything in life, that we're in, then you have to hope for better because if you don't , then you've got nothing.

Everything will be alright.

Uppa Towen.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2019 7:25]
We are not coming straight back next year without some really good signings on 07:54 - Apr 28 with 1543 viewsBenters2

We are not coming straight back next year without some really good signings on 07:25 - Apr 28 by brogansnose

When you're in the situation, and that goes for everything in life, that we're in, then you have to hope for better because if you don't , then you've got nothing.

Everything will be alright.

Uppa Towen.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2019 7:25]

It never will be alright with Evans in charge.
We are not coming straight back next year without some really good signings on 09:09 - Apr 28 with 1433 viewshadleighboyblue

We are not coming straight back next year without some really good signings on 22:23 - Apr 27 by GluedtoBlue

I rate Keane as a footballer and whilst not prolific I think he'd be great in a two man attack - his injury record is pretty poor though so doubt he'll be offered terms.

Personally, I think minimum requirement is:

Someone to compete at FB (both sides preferably)
A CB
2 Strikers
A winger

5-6 signings assuming core of squad stays. Be amazed if it happens.

Think Woolfenden and Rowe will be involved next year but it's a step up for them. With the other 'kids' it's a tier lower but the demand over a season even in L1 is a big task.

Think we'll be upper mid table with luck potentially seeing us sneak playoffs. I'm not a pessimist but cannot see us running away with it.

The biggest need is for a couple of goalscorers , but there are many other issues that need to be resolved .

Chambers seems to be making more and more mistakes every week , full backs are not convincing and we may benefit from a fresh face in the goalkeeper position .

Recruitment has been poor , so hopefully PL will improve things there , maybe by looking abroad .

Injuries have been disastrous this season , so we should be careful not to sign any more injury prone players , Keane's poor injury record must rule him out .

Finally we need to sort out a style of play , maybe 2 up front and a diamond formation as long as we have the players to play this way .

Not sure we will be able to move out as many players as we would like .

Good luck PL , it's not going to be easy .
We are not coming straight back next year without some really good signings on 09:16 - Apr 28 with 1403 viewsWestcountryblue

Bart, Chambers, Woolfenden, Edwards, Skuse, Judge, Bishop, Downes, Lankester, Jackson (in a two), Harrison, Huws, Nolan and Adeyemi (if he gets back to full fitness) are the only players in the squad that i trust and have a reasonable amount of faith with at that level.

We need to send the likes of Dozzell, Nydam et al out on loan, as we are suffering from trying to blood too many youngsters at the same time at the moment.

At the back and upfront we are severely short of quality and experience, something which will have to be addressed with 4-5 new signings.
We are not coming straight back next year without some really good signings on 09:20 - Apr 28 with 1389 viewsOxford_Blue

We need a couple of goal scorers.
We are not coming straight back next year without some really good signings on 09:34 - Apr 28 with 1349 viewsGuthrum

We are not coming straight back next year without some really good signings on 23:06 - Apr 27 by Felstow1978

On the basis of the results he's achieved this season, a retarded, blind and one armed baboon would do as well.

McCarthy achieved very little better in his final months (with a superior squad, including goalscorers). Likewise Klug (and he was very much helped by a fortunate bounce of the ball and Reading's fragility).

Or perhaps this management lark is not as easy as it seems?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024