Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
According to ITN news 22:34 - Apr 27 with 3840 viewsBluedanW

Norwich have been promoted on a budget and Sheffield United are all but there on a shoe string.
If that is the case, how would they describe our level of investment?
According to ITN news on 22:42 - Apr 27 with 3746 viewsReuser_is_God

I think ours & Sheff United budgets are very similar.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

According to ITN news on 22:44 - Apr 27 with 3725 viewsBluedanW

According to ITN news on 22:42 - Apr 27 by Reuser_is_God

Our recruitment however has not been similar
According to ITN news on 22:44 - Apr 27 with 3718 viewsJ2BLUE

Norwich haven't spent a massive amount. They've been incredibly lucky that almost all of their signings have come off, especially the ones where they spent a reason fee in the £1-2m range and of course, Pukki on a free.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

According to ITN news on 22:46 - Apr 27 with 3702 viewsBluedanW

According to ITN news on 22:44 - Apr 27 by J2BLUE

Norwich haven't spent a massive amount. They've been incredibly lucky that almost all of their signings have come off, especially the ones where they spent a reason fee in the £1-2m range and of course, Pukki on a free.

Puki on a free and we pay £2M odd for Jackson and Harrison
According to ITN news on 22:47 - Apr 27 with 3689 viewsFtnfwest

They’ve bought well although can offer wages 3 times what we can which is the difference in attracting the better players to start with. Of course next season it’ll be 10 times more
According to ITN news on 22:47 - Apr 27 with 3688 viewsGuthrum

According to ITN news on 22:46 - Apr 27 by BluedanW

Puki on a free and we pay £2M odd for Jackson and Harrison

There's probably some good scouting in there, but also a degree of luck. Puki has turned out to be a brilliantly successful gamble. Ours haven't.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

According to ITN news on 22:48 - Apr 27 with 3672 viewsReuser_is_God

According to ITN news on 22:44 - Apr 27 by BluedanW

Our recruitment however has not been similar

Indeed.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

According to ITN news on 22:50 - Apr 27 with 3646 viewsFelstow1978

Maybe the two promoted sides simply have competent managers who can build cohesive, organised, motivated teams who have a sense of pride when they pull on the shirt?

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

Login to get fewer ads

According to ITN news on 23:31 - Apr 27 with 3388 viewsunstableblue

They’d probably describe it as “at the same level of investment as The Blades Ipswich allowed their series of incompetent managers to instill unexpansive, restrictive, hoofing, styles of football with no strategy to progress the side”

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

According to ITN news on 23:37 - Apr 27 with 3333 viewsWasNotWas

Not been all plain sailing.
Norwich (we. Yes, I'm a nodge fan) wasted £8mil each on Van Wolfswinkel and Naismith just a few seasons ago and we had to rely on the sale of the Murphy twins, Madison and Pritchard being worth something for the club to viable for this season, as I don't think the business would have stacked up otherwise.
Yes, some great signings recently for not much money but there's always a fine line between getting an on-form Pukki and an off-form Van Wolfswinkel.
According to ITN news on 23:43 - Apr 27 with 3268 viewsbournemouthblue

They didn't spend a lot this year but still shell out about £15 million last season I believe

The Madison sale was like another season of parachute payments essentially

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

According to ITN news on 06:39 - Apr 28 with 2821 viewsm14_blue

According to ITN news on 23:37 - Apr 27 by WasNotWas

Not been all plain sailing.
Norwich (we. Yes, I'm a nodge fan) wasted £8mil each on Van Wolfswinkel and Naismith just a few seasons ago and we had to rely on the sale of the Murphy twins, Madison and Pritchard being worth something for the club to viable for this season, as I don't think the business would have stacked up otherwise.
Yes, some great signings recently for not much money but there's always a fine line between getting an on-form Pukki and an off-form Van Wolfswinkel.

Are you expecting big changes this summer? I guess not?

Farke will, understandably, want to be loyal to the players that got you up but I wonder how many of them are good enough for the prem, particularly in midfield. Stiepermann, Vrancic, Hernandez, McClean etc have been a revelation this season but I can see them being overrun in the top flight.

Changes defensively are a certainty surely, given how many goals you’ve conceded this year? The two young full backs should flourish though I reckon.

All in all, a remarkable achievement for your lot, and done playing football the right way. Extremely begrudging congratulations
According to ITN news on 07:54 - Apr 28 with 2575 viewsfloridaboy

According to ITN news on 06:39 - Apr 28 by m14_blue

Are you expecting big changes this summer? I guess not?

Farke will, understandably, want to be loyal to the players that got you up but I wonder how many of them are good enough for the prem, particularly in midfield. Stiepermann, Vrancic, Hernandez, McClean etc have been a revelation this season but I can see them being overrun in the top flight.

Changes defensively are a certainty surely, given how many goals you’ve conceded this year? The two young full backs should flourish though I reckon.

All in all, a remarkable achievement for your lot, and done playing football the right way. Extremely begrudging congratulations

Totally agree. They have been promoted. Good luck to them. Some have compared their season with Wolves last year and that they could do OK next season.

Problem with that is that Wolves spent massive amounts of money to get where they are now. Farke will not be allowed to spend much. £20m has been mentioned. We will see!
According to ITN news on 08:28 - Apr 28 with 2459 viewsbackwaywhen

According to ITN news on 07:54 - Apr 28 by floridaboy

Totally agree. They have been promoted. Good luck to them. Some have compared their season with Wolves last year and that they could do OK next season.

Problem with that is that Wolves spent massive amounts of money to get where they are now. Farke will not be allowed to spend much. £20m has been mentioned. We will see!

Farke & co are already looking at more cheaper option German players , who have squad experience with the likes of Bayern , he is a shrewd cookie that guy , pains me to say .
According to ITN news on 08:35 - Apr 28 with 2404 viewsBluebell

According to ITN news on 23:43 - Apr 27 by bournemouthblue

They didn't spend a lot this year but still shell out about £15 million last season I believe

The Madison sale was like another season of parachute payments essentially

Didn't they get £25million for Maddison? No wonder they can offer higher wages.

We can never compete financially with a team like that especially when we sell all our better players for peanuts.

I wonder what the season would have been like if we had hung onto Waghorn, Garner and Webster. We sold them and got Jackson, Harrison and Nsaila in return!
According to ITN news on 08:53 - Apr 28 with 2319 viewsSuperfrans

According to ITN news on 22:42 - Apr 27 by Reuser_is_God

They have a bigger turnover and wages, the latter very similar though.

SUFC
Turnover £20.0m
Wages £19.0m

ITFC
Turnover £17.1m
Wages £18.5m.

The difference in turnover is largely down to biggest matchday income, £8.7m for them, £4.7m for us - although our commercial income is higher (£4.4m vs £1.9m - we may simply be not counting this towards matchday inclement, while they are).

So, our owner invests more in our club than theirs does.

😉

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024