Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My Seasons concerns 09:01 - Apr 28 with 815 viewsportmanroadblue

Lots of injuries - bad luck or does training/warm up regime need to change?

No Leadership or motovation on the pitch - poor management or lack of confidence?

Lack of movement, lack of looking for space and lack of speed - poor management or poor team?

Tactics - did we have any other than close down opposing defenders early?

Formation - 3 at the back, 2 up front, wingers or wing backs, all tried and all failed to differing levels - is there a formation for the players we have?

Lack of taking advantage of set pieces - poor deliveries, poor movement in/out of the box

Physicality - players too small and lightweight

Shots from outside the box - we really lacked shooting from outside the box, lack of confidence or poor tactics?

Sort the above out, we should go up comfortably next season
My Seasons concerns on 09:27 - Apr 28 with 763 viewsSomethingBlue

The injury situation, while far from the only issue in an appalling year, astonishes me to the point of being lost for words. It's been going on for far too long now and has been a significant factor in our inability to muster any kind of continuity. If we don't get to the bottom of it — and I accept there's been bad luck in there too — then it will be impossible to progress.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

My Seasons concerns on 09:33 - Apr 28 with 743 viewsBluefish

My Seasons concerns on 09:27 - Apr 28 by SomethingBlue

The injury situation, while far from the only issue in an appalling year, astonishes me to the point of being lost for words. It's been going on for far too long now and has been a significant factor in our inability to muster any kind of continuity. If we don't get to the bottom of it — and I accept there's been bad luck in there too — then it will be impossible to progress.

For the 2 previous seasons the injuries weren't an excuse and were down the the bad training methods. We have 2 complete new coaching teams in since and now they are down to bad luck? We could have another 5 injuries and only have a fit squad of 13 and it still wouldn't excuse the lack of attacking intent or failure to realise lumping the ball to Quaner, judge or Jackson doesn't work. Regardless of experimenting with players there is nothing that you would look at now and think we have sorted in place for next season, we havent started to build around anyone or anything. There is no identity to a shape or style and no player has a guaranteed position.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2019 9:34]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

My Seasons concerns on 09:37 - Apr 28 with 727 viewsSomethingBlue

My Seasons concerns on 09:33 - Apr 28 by Bluefish

For the 2 previous seasons the injuries weren't an excuse and were down the the bad training methods. We have 2 complete new coaching teams in since and now they are down to bad luck? We could have another 5 injuries and only have a fit squad of 13 and it still wouldn't excuse the lack of attacking intent or failure to realise lumping the ball to Quaner, judge or Jackson doesn't work. Regardless of experimenting with players there is nothing that you would look at now and think we have sorted in place for next season, we havent started to build around anyone or anything. There is no identity to a shape or style and no player has a guaranteed position.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2019 9:34]

Not for me, I've been consistent in my line on the injuries.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

My Seasons concerns on 09:42 - Apr 28 with 720 viewsBluefish

My Seasons concerns on 09:37 - Apr 28 by SomethingBlue

Not for me, I've been consistent in my line on the injuries.

We had 2 options in our position. We pick a shape and style and play our best players in their future position and then make the rest fit in around them or we find a shape and style that works for the players that we have available. We didn't do either.

Don't forget player like byram and Dozzell have been fit but just not used. Emmanuel was unused as was knudsen, donacien and Rowe and Roberts were bombed out without a chance. No idea what the point of Dawkins was. We've had injuries again but we've brought in more players than imaginable. Our current wage bill must be enormous.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

My Seasons concerns on 11:10 - Apr 28 with 664 viewsportmanroadblue

My Seasons concerns on 09:42 - Apr 28 by Bluefish

We had 2 options in our position. We pick a shape and style and play our best players in their future position and then make the rest fit in around them or we find a shape and style that works for the players that we have available. We didn't do either.

Don't forget player like byram and Dozzell have been fit but just not used. Emmanuel was unused as was knudsen, donacien and Rowe and Roberts were bombed out without a chance. No idea what the point of Dawkins was. We've had injuries again but we've brought in more players than imaginable. Our current wage bill must be enormous.

Its certainly time to get rid of the deadwood and try and get some hunger back into the team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024