Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We need to be realistic here 09:48 - Apr 28 with 2552 viewsChurchman75

it may be a few years before we come back as much as it hurts

Skuse the calming influence at CB next year?

Poll: Attendance today as its community day and ticket offer..... SAR Upper is full..

We need to be realistic here on 11:42 - Apr 28 with 2467 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I'd rather see a full pre-season of Skuse at CB before we start realistically considering him there.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

We need to be realistic here on 12:45 - Apr 28 with 2396 viewspointofblue

We need to be realistic here on 11:42 - Apr 28 by Cheltenham_Blue

I'd rather see a full pre-season of Skuse at CB before we start realistically considering him there.

Be fair, he can’t be any worse than Chambers on this season’s form.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

We need to be realistic here on 20:30 - Apr 28 with 2279 viewsOsborneOneNil

We need to be realistic here on 12:45 - Apr 28 by pointofblue

Be fair, he can’t be any worse than Chambers on this season’s form.

And it gets him out of the midfield. Ideal.
We need to be realistic here on 20:32 - Apr 28 with 2273 viewsPJH

We need to be realistic here on 20:30 - Apr 28 by OsborneOneNil

And it gets him out of the midfield. Ideal.

But still in the team.Ideal.
We need to be realistic here on 20:38 - Apr 28 with 2250 viewsGluedtoBlue

And when he has a bad game half our fans can come on her bemoaning 'square pegs in round holes' yada yada.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

We need to be realistic here on 20:54 - Apr 28 with 2213 viewsColchesterBlue1985

I agree Skuse probably had his best game of the season however I think people thinking he could actually do a job at centre half is wide of the mark. He played as a sweeper in a back 3 not marking anyone in particular but reading situations and being in the right place at the right time, something he did in midfield until his lack of pace was targeted and then he was nullified. Here he was the last line of defence with players in front of him rather than running in behind etc

In short yes he could do a job as a sweeper in a back 3/5 but not in a flat back 4 in my opinion.
We need to be realistic here on 21:11 - Apr 28 with 2182 viewsSuperblue95

Yep he’s slow and not particularly tall so he’s just what everyone wants in a centre half

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

We need to be realistic here on 21:56 - Apr 28 with 2121 viewsRadlett_blue

We need to be realistic here on 21:11 - Apr 28 by Superblue95

Yep he’s slow and not particularly tall so he’s just what everyone wants in a centre half

Skuse is 6' 1"; the same height as Luke Chambers.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

on 22:06 - Apr 28 with 2106 views_

We need to be realistic here on 20:54 - Apr 28 by ColchesterBlue1985

I agree Skuse probably had his best game of the season however I think people thinking he could actually do a job at centre half is wide of the mark. He played as a sweeper in a back 3 not marking anyone in particular but reading situations and being in the right place at the right time, something he did in midfield until his lack of pace was targeted and then he was nullified. Here he was the last line of defence with players in front of him rather than running in behind etc

In short yes he could do a job as a sweeper in a back 3/5 but not in a flat back 4 in my opinion.

We need to be realistic here on 01:50 - Apr 29 with 2021 viewsArnieM

Skuse has played in defence before - nothing new frankly but could be a very good option next season I think .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

We need to be realistic here on 09:17 - Apr 29 with 1939 viewsAYACCA

We need to be realistic here on 20:54 - Apr 28 by ColchesterBlue1985

Tony Mowbrey styley
We need to be realistic here on 14:24 - Apr 29 with 1770 viewsNo9

We need to be realistic here on 21:56 - Apr 28 by Radlett_blue

Skuse is 6' 1"; the same height as Luke Chambers.

Can't jump tho'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024