Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans Out Campaign 15:22 - Apr 28 with 5911 viewspennblue

Has there been any serious attempt to build support for trying to get our owner out?

I am sorry, but I just don't see we have a strategy for League One that is going to result in anything other than a continual decline. Unless I am missing something?
[Post edited 28 Apr 2019 15:22]

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Evans Out Campaign on 15:26 - Apr 28 with 3821 viewsMullet

How can you see something that hasn't happened yet?

There is no way we can get him out without money. No one wants to buy us, no one has the money lying around Evans would take to get shot of us.

As much as he's lead us here, some attempt to force him out only propels us towards a Charlton/Bolton/Blackpool type scenario. We really need Evans to cut his losses and accept whatever is offered, but why would or should he?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Evans Out Campaign on 15:30 - Apr 28 with 3790 viewsLimitlessBlue

Evans Out Campaign on 15:26 - Apr 28 by Mullet

There is no way we can get him out without money. No one wants to buy us, no one has the money lying around Evans would take to get shot of us.

As much as he's lead us here, some attempt to force him out only propels us towards a Charlton/Bolton/Blackpool type scenario. We really need Evans to cut his losses and accept whatever is offered, but why would or should he?

I think we could make some noise and question his way of doing things, I am sure he must sit there and think 'well, the fans must like what I am doing, the atmosphere is fantastic and lots of new season tickets being sold even though we are relagated' - i like the idea of a huge banner hung from the top tier of the norths stand.... "Your Fault Evans"

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

Evans Out Campaign on 15:30 - Apr 28 with 3790 viewsGuthrum

We don't actually know what the strategy for L1 is yet, given there will be significant personnel changes and a pre-season to work on it. Also, it is a lower standard than the Championship, so our team's quality will be comparitively better.

Campaigns to get owners out are rarely successful. Even the Oystons were only eventually brought low by their dealings with Belokon. Plus, to avoid receivership, a buyer is needed. Oft said, but an unavoidable fact.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Evans Out Campaign on 15:32 - Apr 28 with 3776 viewsBluefish

Evans Out Campaign on 15:30 - Apr 28 by LimitlessBlue

I think we could make some noise and question his way of doing things, I am sure he must sit there and think 'well, the fans must like what I am doing, the atmosphere is fantastic and lots of new season tickets being sold even though we are relagated' - i like the idea of a huge banner hung from the top tier of the norths stand.... "Your Fault Evans"

You think he has no concept of of money that he has put in and the current value of the club? You think he judges it all by the singing instead? Really? Or are you just being very silly?

Just focus on demanding the cheapest tickets and the highest transfer budgets and then blaming Evans still.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Evans Out Campaign on 15:33 - Apr 28 with 3761 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not as far as I’m aware. Never mind ‘encouraging’ him to think about moving on, we don’t even voice our concerns. We’ve always been a reticent bunch.

I don’t see him having a particularly inspiring strategy either, based on his time so far. I’m just hanging on to the hope that the drop in standard will be enough to make us competitive again.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Evans Out Campaign on 15:35 - Apr 28 with 3742 viewsLimitlessBlue

Evans Out Campaign on 15:32 - Apr 28 by Bluefish

You think he has no concept of of money that he has put in and the current value of the club? You think he judges it all by the singing instead? Really? Or are you just being very silly?

Just focus on demanding the cheapest tickets and the highest transfer budgets and then blaming Evans still.

I am being very silly, I am very sorry. Although I don't understand your last sentence but then I am slightly retarded.

I'll go and close the door on my way out.

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

Evans Out Campaign on 15:40 - Apr 28 with 3713 viewspennblue

Evans Out Campaign on 15:26 - Apr 28 by Mullet

Well he won't take a knock down price and sell the club if no-one is making a noise about. If he can keep the club and run it on a shoe string, it really is not an issue for him is it?

If however, there are protests, then it starts to look bad for the rest of his businesses, and therefore there is more incentive to sell at a lower price (preferably write off the majority of the debt).

Evans Out Campaign on 15:43 - Apr 28 with 3700 viewspennblue

Evans Out Campaign on 15:33 - Apr 28 by Swansea_Blue

Not as far as I’m aware. Never mind ‘encouraging’ him to think about moving on, we don’t even voice our concerns. We’ve always been a reticent bunch.

I don’t see him having a particularly inspiring strategy either, based on his time so far. I’m just hanging on to the hope that the drop in standard will be enough to make us competitive again.

That is exactly what seems to be happening, everyone is just waiting to see what happens. But we see nothing on the pitch to make us think anything will change, and the off the pitch noice is all about cost cutting, and trimming our cloth.

It is quite bizarre.

Login to get fewer ads

Evans Out Campaign on 15:46 - Apr 28 with 3689 viewspatrickswell

Evans Out Campaign on 15:35 - Apr 28 by LimitlessBlue

I am being very silly, I am very sorry. Although I don't understand your last sentence but then I am slightly retarded.

I'll go and close the door on my way out.

Have you not been reading the rules? No criticism of Evans unless you either buy the club yourself or can provide comprehensive details and a full business plan for a successor.
And if you can’t, then don’t even think about falling back on the basics like chants/banners. Instead, sit down, shut up, eat your gruel and stop making a scene. He does an interview once a year, you know.
Evans Out Campaign on 15:47 - Apr 28 with 3683 viewsHerbivore

Evans Out Campaign on 15:40 - Apr 28 by pennblue

Well he won't take a knock down price and sell the club if no-one is making a noise about. If he can keep the club and run it on a shoe string, it really is not an issue for him is it?

If however, there are protests, then it starts to look bad for the rest of his businesses, and therefore there is more incentive to sell at a lower price (preferably write off the majority of the debt).

I'm sure he's really happy sitting on an asset that loses him £6m plus every year.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Evans Out Campaign on 15:57 - Apr 28 with 3655 viewsMullet

Evans Out Campaign on 15:30 - Apr 28 by LimitlessBlue

Given he caved on renewing Mick's contract and we ended up with this weird scenario, I don't think that's true at all. He panicked over ST sales and waited until the last minute to get shot of Mick, to get his replacement in and still couldn't make the fans happy.

Everything he does, smacks of listening albeit too late. See that bizarre video and his last utterances apologising for the unmitigated disaster the season became.

There's no way he isn't swayed by the perceived majority view whether that comes from the EADT filter, here or in the ground.

Evans Out Campaign on 16:02 - Apr 28 with 3630 viewsMullet

I really don't think he wants to lose millions per year over selling up or success.

Likewise the Brazilian authorities chasing his employees across borders, "hosting dinners fro gunrunners" as our Budgie friends put it and the stuff his other businesses actually do, hardly means that a few banners and the like here would alter much either.

Nothing will alter the resolve of a bloke like Evans other than accounts.

Evans Out Campaign on 16:06 - Apr 28 with 3613 viewspennblue

Evans Out Campaign on 15:57 - Apr 28 by Mullet

Given he caved on renewing Mick's contract and we ended up with this weird scenario, I don't think that's true at all. He panicked over ST sales and waited until the last minute to get shot of Mick, to get his replacement in and still couldn't make the fans happy.

Everything he does, smacks of listening albeit too late. See that bizarre video and his last utterances apologising for the unmitigated disaster the season became.

There's no way he isn't swayed by the perceived majority view whether that comes from the EADT filter, here or in the ground.

I've got nothing against the bloke, I think everyone can see he has tried his best. The trouble is now, is he seems to have shut up shop and closed the cheque book. For me, football is all about money, and if you are not prepared to invest, then it's time to get out and let someone else do it.

Evans Out Campaign on 16:09 - Apr 28 with 3598 viewsHerbivore

Evans Out Campaign on 16:06 - Apr 28 by pennblue

I've got nothing against the bloke, I think everyone can see he has tried his best. The trouble is now, is he seems to have shut up shop and closed the cheque book. For me, football is all about money, and if you are not prepared to invest, then it's time to get out and let someone else do it.

"For me football is all about money" - what a thoroughly depressing statement from a football fan.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Evans Out Campaign on 16:11 - Apr 28 with 3597 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Please stop this rubbish.

You can't sell something for which there is little demand.

Sheff Utd just got promoted using the Evans business model.

Let's just get behind the team.

If someone turns up to buy the club who is prepared to splash the cash then great. ...but a banner ain't gonna make that happen.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Evans Out Campaign on 16:32 - Apr 28 with 3537 viewsBobbychase

How can anyone say we don't have a strategy for League One when we've still got a Championship fixture to play, have no idea what the squad will look like come the end of the summer and there is over three months until our first League One fixture?

We don't know yet. Are we no longer capable of waiting as a fan base? Impatience this time 12 months ago has cost us dear this season but it seems like lots of people haven't learned.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Evans Out Campaign on 16:35 - Apr 28 with 3521 viewsBobbychase

Evans Out Campaign on 15:32 - Apr 28 by Bluefish

EXACTLY. The small bits of a League One strategy that we HAVE seen (buying Alan Judge and creating a very innovative season ticket offer) have actually been quite good. The people who demand £10 tickets every game and a squad capable of promotion baffle me.

But yeah, we - minus all our strikers - lost yesterday to a team who are much, much better than us and knew a win would get them promoted to the Premier League. There's no strategy, we're doomed, League Two awaits.

Give me a break

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Evans Out Campaign on 16:38 - Apr 28 with 3508 viewsfergalsharkey

Evans Out Campaign on 15:47 - Apr 28 by Herbivore

I'm sure he's really happy sitting on an asset that loses him £6m plus every year.

Why do you think it is losing him 6 million a year?
What's he not done that most owners do to a lesser or bigger degree?

Poll: Cook out?

Evans Out Campaign on 16:40 - Apr 28 with 3493 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

You really think it doesn't matter to him.

Loss of money and reputation would hit him harder than fans getting their knickers in a twist.

Being divided has got us where we are.

Let's get behind the team.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Evans Out Campaign on 16:41 - Apr 28 with 3487 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Evans Out Campaign on 16:38 - Apr 28 by fergalsharkey

Why do you think it is losing him 6 million a year?
What's he not done that most owners do to a lesser or bigger degree?

Idiot.

Evans Out Campaign on 16:52 - Apr 28 with 3448 viewsmonty_radio

Evans Out Campaign on 16:11 - Apr 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

Please stop this rubbish.

You can't sell something for which there is little demand.

Sheff Utd just got promoted using the Evans business model.

Let's just get behind the team.

If someone turns up to buy the club who is prepared to splash the cash then great. ...but a banner ain't gonna make that happen.

"You can't sell something for which there is little demand" - you've been looking at my E-Bay account!

Alas, it's true re Town - although because these things are never a matter of invited public scrutiny till any deal is well advanced, we only get to hear about the rumours about rumours and from Fergal.

A viable possible Ipswich Premier presence is not something any new person/group will immediately consider, let alone visualise, when it's been like this for so long.

Perhaps the "demand" might eventually evolve as and when all other possibilities have been sold?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Evans Out Campaign on 16:54 - Apr 28 with 3438 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Evans Out Campaign on 16:52 - Apr 28 by monty_radio

"You can't sell something for which there is little demand" - you've been looking at my E-Bay account!

Alas, it's true re Town - although because these things are never a matter of invited public scrutiny till any deal is well advanced, we only get to hear about the rumours about rumours and from Fergal.

A viable possible Ipswich Premier presence is not something any new person/group will immediately consider, let alone visualise, when it's been like this for so long.

Perhaps the "demand" might eventually evolve as and when all other possibilities have been sold?

Pretty much any championship club (and lower) can be bought.

We would be a long way down the list, and considered by second rate owners like Bassini.

Evans Out Campaign on 16:58 - Apr 28 with 3410 viewsfooters

Mum says I can borrow one bed sheet so long as I bring it back.

Where do I need to turn up?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Evans Out Campaign on 17:22 - Apr 28 with 3337 viewsSwansea_Blue

Evans Out Campaign on 15:43 - Apr 28 by pennblue

That is exactly what seems to be happening, everyone is just waiting to see what happens. But we see nothing on the pitch to make us think anything will change, and the off the pitch noice is all about cost cutting, and trimming our cloth.

It is quite bizarre.

It is bizarre, I agree. At most other clubs the fans would be pissed off at being comfortably relegated and letting the owner know how they felt. Not that it does any good, but then neither does paying homage to Lambert and the failed team AFTER each game either (during may actually make a small difference). We're in the strangest of places right now.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Evans Out Campaign on 17:24 - Apr 28 with 3334 viewsIpswichKnight

If you listen to the EADT podcasts you would know we have had several offers for the club, they seem to think that ME would take a loss if someone can be found who can give a secure financial plan for the club over several years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024