Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When do we think that PL 20:26 - Apr 28 with 3841 viewsgrimboy

Will add to the squad early June or a lot later?
I’m hoping sooner rather than later as we need to get a settled squad ASAP not like last season waiting for Hurst to arrive.
When do we think that PL on 20:29 - Apr 28 with 3835 viewsChocorange

I agree, I hope the groundwork has already been done and we have new signings to announce as soon as the season is over.

Much like Skuse was announced as joining us when his contract expired at Bristol City a few years back.
When do we think that PL on 20:59 - Apr 28 with 3759 viewsRadlett_blue

ADD to the squad?
While we have plenty of players out of contract or ones over whose options Lambert is dithering, I expect the squad to be trimmed, rather than increased. If everyone's fit (unlikely, I know) we have about 10 central midfield players.
Yes we need at least one decent target man, but as this is Ipswich, we are now 3rd division & looking to cut our wage bill, I don't expect a large number of new players & certainly not many who are better than what we already have, largely because we can't afford them.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

When do we think that PL on 21:22 - Apr 28 with 3724 viewsSwansea_Blue

Early June? Contracts don't normally end until end-June. If we have a settled squad in by the start of the season I'll be surprised.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

When do we think that PL on 21:38 - Apr 28 with 3703 viewsRadlett_blue

When do we think that PL on 21:22 - Apr 28 by Swansea_Blue

Early June? Contracts don't normally end until end-June. If we have a settled squad in by the start of the season I'll be surprised.

I'm sure that, as usual, we'll be scrabbling around for a few loanees and cast offs come September.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

on 21:44 - Apr 28 with 3694 views_

When do we think that PL on 21:53 - Apr 28 with 3683 viewsKieran_Knows

I mentioned this yesterday, but if we haven’t got 2/3 signings in early doors, then what on earth have PL and the scouting department been up to these past few months given it’s been a certainty that we’ll be getting relegated (probably since February at the earliest).

If we’re scrambling around still at the first game of the season then god help us.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2019 22:11]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

When do we think that PL on 22:13 - Apr 28 with 3637 viewsKieran_Knows

When do we think that PL on 21:22 - Apr 28 by Swansea_Blue

Doesn’t really matter these days, we confirmed the signing of Skuse on 14th May a few years ago.

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2013/may/skuse-agrees-three-year-deal/

When do we think that PL on 22:18 - Apr 28 with 3629 viewsgrimboy

on 21:44 - Apr 28 by _

If you don’t think we will get fresh players in you need a reality check boy.
We have no decent strikers and in need of defenders.
You obviously don’t go.
Login to get fewer ads

When do we think that PL on 22:21 - Apr 28 with 3618 viewsLankHenners

When do we think that PL on 21:53 - Apr 28 by Kieran_Knows

I mentioned this yesterday, but if we haven’t got 2/3 signings in early doors, then what on earth have PL and the scouting department been up to these past few months given it’s been a certainty that we’ll be getting relegated (probably since February at the earliest).

If we’re scrambling around still at the first game of the season then god help us.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2019 22:11]

Indeed, the club has to get this 3 month break bang on and that includes getting the squad that begins the season together as early as possible. Naturally it won’t always work out that way but if people are going to go they need to be gone and if we’re going to get a couple in they need to be reporting for duty at the beginning of pre season.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

When do we think that PL on 22:56 - Apr 28 with 3570 viewsmos

When do we think that PL on 22:18 - Apr 28 by grimboy

You obviously don’t go.

Why so aggressive? Absolutely no need for it.

Think you need to log off and calm down, big boy.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

When do we think that PL on 23:06 - Apr 28 with 3529 viewsgrimboy

When do we think that PL on 22:56 - Apr 28 by mos

Why so aggressive? Absolutely no need for it.

Think you need to log off and calm down, big boy.

Mind your own.
When do we think that PL on 23:24 - Apr 28 with 3500 viewsGuthrum

You obviously don’t go.

Worth bearing in mind that while Harrison and Jackson have not been good enough in the Championship, one scored 12 in 44 in League One last season and the other scored 16 in 44 in a team which won promotion to that division. For that matter, Freddie Sears scored 10 in 24 the last time he was there.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

When do we think that PL on 23:54 - Apr 28 with 3454 viewsSpruceMoose

When do we think that PL on 23:06 - Apr 28 by grimboy

Mind your own.

I suppose you haven't threatened to murder anyone yet, so you're not doing too badly!
[Post edited 28 Apr 2019 23:56]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

When do we think that PL on 04:39 - Apr 29 with 3394 viewsBenters2

When do we think that PL on 23:54 - Apr 28 by SpruceMoose

I suppose you haven't threatened to murder anyone yet, so you're not doing too badly!
[Post edited 28 Apr 2019 23:56]

What by pushing you under a bus?
When do we think that PL on 06:49 - Apr 29 with 3336 viewsgordon

We've had since September to prepare for being in League One so you'd hope there'd be at least a semblance of a plan
When do we think that PL on 08:22 - Apr 29 with 3266 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

You obviously don’t go.

We will but the poster is right that we will need to get a lot of players out of the door before we can start getting players in, given the bloated size of the current squad

We may get 1 or 2 in early doors due to contracts expiring but expect we’ll still be scrabbling around finalising the squad at the end of the window, unfortunately

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

When do we think that PL on 10:30 - Apr 29 with 3162 viewshadleighboyblue

When do we think that PL on 06:49 - Apr 29 by gordon

We've had since September to prepare for being in League One so you'd hope there'd be at least a semblance of a plan

I think the weaknesses in the team have been exposed recently .

We have gone from just needing a couple of goalscorers to needing improvements through the whole team .

Question marks over goalies - neither command the box enough , full backs , in fact the whole underperforming defence including captain Chambers who has been very poor .

Plus the reality that Keane is too injury prone to consider signing , likewise Collins .

So PL's rebuild of the squad has now got even harder .
When do we think that PL on 14:26 - Apr 29 with 3008 viewsNo9

When do we think that PL on 21:38 - Apr 28 by Radlett_blue

I'm sure that, as usual, we'll be scrabbling around for a few loanees and cast offs come September.

If that's the case then we shall all know PL has been bluffing
When do we think that PL on 15:05 - Apr 29 with 2954 viewsSpruceMoose

When do we think that PL on 04:39 - Apr 29 by Benters2

What by pushing you under a bus?

I'd like to see you try matey!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

on 07:33 - Apr 30 with 2828 views_

You obviously don’t go.

on 09:14 - Apr 30 with 2744 views_

When do we think that PL on 23:06 - Apr 28 by grimboy

Mind your own.

When do we think that PL on 09:17 - Apr 30 with 2730 viewsHerbivore

on 07:33 - Apr 30 by _

We need to give Keane a wide berth, he's another sick note and really isn't that good.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

When do we think that PL on 09:22 - Apr 30 with 2725 viewsSwansea_Blue

When do we think that PL on 22:13 - Apr 28 by Kieran_Knows

Doesn’t really matter these days, we confirmed the signing of Skuse on 14th May a few years ago.

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2013/may/skuse-agrees-three-year-deal/

Very true. I guess it all depends on contract situations. If we're after people coming to the end of their deal then it'll be easier to get them in early. If we get involved chasing players in contract or who others are interested in it will take a while. I'm assuming there may be a few of ours who'll be looking to see if they can get a move too. Normally when someone gets relegated it can take a while for things to settle down.

It'll be interesting to see what happens. I wasn't overly impressed with PL's January signings and he'll now have even less chance of attracting players like those.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

When do we think that PL on 09:45 - Apr 30 with 2700 viewsKieran_Knows

When do we think that PL on 09:22 - Apr 30 by Swansea_Blue

Very true. I guess it all depends on contract situations. If we're after people coming to the end of their deal then it'll be easier to get them in early. If we get involved chasing players in contract or who others are interested in it will take a while. I'm assuming there may be a few of ours who'll be looking to see if they can get a move too. Normally when someone gets relegated it can take a while for things to settle down.

It'll be interesting to see what happens. I wasn't overly impressed with PL's January signings and he'll now have even less chance of attracting players like those.

Apologies, I did mean those that are coming out of contract ... although in James Norwoods case (if we are actually after him), we may have to wait a little long if these players are involved in play-off games etc.

Indeed, although I do think his hands were tied behind his back as to who we could target (and he was open about that all the way up to January) ... players generally available in January are those who haven't been playing, out of favour etc etc. Keane (although injured) and Judge were the best of a bad bunch. As I mentioned in another thread as well, if we're still scurrying around for signings come the first game of the season, considering we've been relegated since February (although not mathematically) then that's just shocking.

When do we think that PL on 09:48 - Apr 30 with 2694 viewsHerbivore

When do we think that PL on 09:22 - Apr 30 by Swansea_Blue

I can't see us spending fees this summer so we ought to be able to get most of our business done early, bar maybe the one or two loanees Lambert says he'll look to bring in.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024