Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back to football matters...McGoldrick 07:23 - Apr 29 with 3588 viewsBluefish

Sheffield United Player of the year. That is some achievement considering their season and the goals of Sharp.

The touch and pass against us the other night in the 1st half was pure class and summed him up

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Back to football matters...McGoldrick on 07:26 - Apr 29 with 3568 viewsDubtractor

That single pass was a harsh contrast to our laboured attacking play all game (season).

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Back to football matters...McGoldrick on 09:24 - Apr 29 with 3378 viewsHerbivore

The commentator sounded like he was going to shoot his load when Didz made that pass. The lad is pure quality but it had just stopped happening for him here, he couldn't stay fit.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Back to football matters...McGoldrick on 09:33 - Apr 29 with 3339 viewsReuser_is_God

Back to football matters...McGoldrick on 09:24 - Apr 29 by Herbivore

The commentator sounded like he was going to shoot his load when Didz made that pass. The lad is pure quality but it had just stopped happening for him here, he couldn't stay fit.

Agree although it's worth pointing out he started last season very well. 8 goals (?) by November until he was circumcised by Glenn Loovens.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Back to football matters...McGoldrick on 09:36 - Apr 29 with 3325 viewsFixed_It

Back to football matters...McGoldrick on 07:26 - Apr 29 by Dubtractor

That single pass was a harsh contrast to our laboured attacking play all game (season).

I'm looking forward to seeing him in the Prem - it is where his talent deserves to be. With a bit more pace he would be right up there with the best. Classy player.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Back to football matters...McGoldrick on 09:36 - Apr 29 with 3315 viewsHerbivore

Back to football matters...McGoldrick on 09:33 - Apr 29 by Reuser_is_God

Agree although it's worth pointing out he started last season very well. 8 goals (?) by November until he was circumcised by Glenn Loovens.

Yeah, very true. Keith Stroud failing to send Loovens off for that assault was outrageous. He never really got back to his best after that. He said himself that it's not like it was one persistent injury here, he got loads of freak ones including that challenge from Loovens. It makes me wonder if we're just cursed.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Back to football matters...McGoldrick on 09:36 - Apr 29 with 3315 viewsWickets

Back to football matters...McGoldrick on 09:24 - Apr 29 by Herbivore

That's right could not stay fit and was too comfortable by his own admission , same as one or two others at Town in Micks last too years i'm sorry to say . McGoldrick, this season, has looked to be back to the player he was when Mick first signed him.
Back to football matters...McGoldrick on 09:38 - Apr 29 with 3315 viewsSteve_M

Cue loads of revisionism about how he never did that for us and couldn't be arsed staying fit. He was superb for us last season until Loovens tried to castrate him and always a player who improved the side. He does seem to take ages to recover from injuries though.

See 1:48 here:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Back to football matters...McGoldrick on 10:11 - Apr 29 with 3231 viewstextbackup

Absolutely class footballer, deserves a go at the prem.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Back to football matters...McGoldrick (n/t) on 12:12 - Apr 29 with 3067 viewsAlanFB

[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 20:22]
Back to football matters...McGoldrick on 12:31 - Apr 29 with 3022 viewsSuperblue95

Back to football matters...McGoldrick on 09:38 - Apr 29 by Steve_M

Cue loads of revisionism about how he never did that for us and couldn't be arsed staying fit. He was superb for us last season until Loovens tried to castrate him and always a player who improved the side. He does seem to take ages to recover from injuries though.

See 1:48 here:

Every time I see that gif posted on here I spend ages watching it

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Back to football matters...McGoldrick on 12:42 - Apr 29 with 3000 viewsSwailsey

Class player when fit.

Was a super nice guy when I bumped into him the day after the castration challenge too.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Back to football matters...McGoldrick on 13:09 - Apr 29 with 2925 viewsBasuco

Talking to blades fans in a pub after the game and they suggested maybe it was the fact he was spending too much time driving between Ipswich and Nottingham that made him injury prone. Roy Keane insisted players should live within a maximum 1 hour drive from training maybe he was right on this. It was very pleasant being in the Stags Head in Sheffield with 7 other Town fans and a pub full of happy and very sociable Blades fans after the game.
Back to football matters...McGoldrick on 13:30 - Apr 29 with 2842 viewsFtnfwest

Back to football matters...McGoldrick on 09:33 - Apr 29 by Reuser_is_God

The night he and Celina played up front together at Luton was superb (when he scored 2 of those). We huffed and puffed a bit elsewhere that night but they were excellent together, although immediately pulled thereafter of course.
Back to football matters...McGoldrick on 13:43 - Apr 29 with 2799 viewsGuthrum

Back to football matters...McGoldrick on 12:42 - Apr 29 by Swailsey

Class player when fit.

Was a super nice guy when I bumped into him the day after the castration challenge too.

That first sentence is the key.

Had he been able to remain fit for a whole season and had he received better supply and service (e.g. not having to operate as an isolated lone striker), being such a cultured and skillful forward with a good eye for goal, he could have done that for us.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Back to football matters...McGoldrick on 13:52 - Apr 29 with 2759 viewsNo9

Back to football matters...McGoldrick on 13:43 - Apr 29 by Guthrum

That first sentence is the key.

Had he been able to remain fit for a whole season and had he received better supply and service (e.g. not having to operate as an isolated lone striker), being such a cultured and skillful forward with a good eye for goal, he could have done that for us.

"That first sentence is the key."
Indeed and is a recurring question about fitness issues at ITFC
Back to football matters...McGoldrick on 13:55 - Apr 29 with 2753 viewsGuthrum

Back to football matters...McGoldrick on 13:09 - Apr 29 by Basuco

Talking to blades fans in a pub after the game and they suggested maybe it was the fact he was spending too much time driving between Ipswich and Nottingham that made him injury prone. Roy Keane insisted players should live within a maximum 1 hour drive from training maybe he was right on this. It was very pleasant being in the Stags Head in Sheffield with 7 other Town fans and a pub full of happy and very sociable Blades fans after the game.

Perhaps Keane took it too far, but I think he did have a point. That level of commuting is going to have a physiological impact.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Back to football matters...McGoldrick on 14:35 - Apr 29 with 2684 viewschristiand

Back to football matters...McGoldrick (n/t) on 12:12 - Apr 29 by AlanFB

[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 20:22]

They're a top side, they were good at our place too earlier on in the season. Yes, we didn't give them much to beat on Saturday, but they are a side brimming with confidence, quality and swagger. A good side to watch full-stop. Hope they do well next season in the Premier League.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Back to football matters...McGoldrick on 14:48 - Apr 29 with 2653 viewsBeattie78

Back to football matters...McGoldrick on 14:35 - Apr 29 by christiand

They're a top side, they were good at our place too earlier on in the season. Yes, we didn't give them much to beat on Saturday, but they are a side brimming with confidence, quality and swagger. A good side to watch full-stop. Hope they do well next season in the Premier League.

Agreed, they're a good side put together on a budget that I believe was the 8th lowest in the division. Shows what can be done with good scouting and management set up. You can play decent winning football without spending a fortune

LexdenBlue62

Back to football matters...McGoldrick on 16:19 - Apr 29 with 2569 viewsBlue_Moses

Badly mis-managed him in terms of training/fitness
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024