Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... 16:12 - Apr 29 with 5178 viewsKieran_Knows

[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 16:19]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 16:14 - Apr 29 with 4736 viewsTractorCam

Anybody who was considering if it gets discounted, i'd count this as close enough to chip in now and push it to the discount range quicker.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 16:15 - Apr 29 with 4704 viewsJ2BLUE

Good stuff. Doubt it will get to 12,000 but that is excellent.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 16:16 - Apr 29 with 4696 viewsKieran_Knows

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 16:15 - Apr 29 by J2BLUE

Good stuff. Doubt it will get to 12,000 but that is excellent.

I think it'll just about hit 12,000, but that will be it.

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 16:23 - Apr 29 with 4621 viewsReuser_is_God

By my maths & based on last years figure of 10,200 ST holders I make it 900 who haven't renewed.

Those 900 should be ashamed of themselves.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 16:26]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 16:28 - Apr 29 with 4547 viewsFixed_It

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 16:23 - Apr 29 by Reuser_is_God

By my maths & based on last years figure of 10,200 ST holders I make it 900 who haven't renewed.

Those 900 should be ashamed of themselves.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 16:26]

Splitters!!!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 16:32 - Apr 29 with 4498 viewskizaitfc

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 16:16 - Apr 29 by Kieran_Knows

Fancy a few are waiting to see numbers, some likely to be paid at the end of the week.

Think the weekend should be interesting, however I personally think the cut off should have been next Friday, with bank holiday falling next Monday.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 16:36 - Apr 29 with 4435 viewsSomethingBlue

Good news. If we can get a few players fit for Sunday then perhaps we can put in a performance to sway a few floating voters. Getting near 12k would be brilliant.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 16:38 - Apr 29 with 4420 viewsJack27

I still think the club got the pricing wrong. The whole discounts thing is a big PR stunt. They set targets they don't actually think they'll achieve...so all you got was a a 12.5% discount for going down a league.

There's a core who will buy a season ticket as long as the price is sensible - the true hardcore fans...but the fans they club really needed to target for the new season are those fans who go to the games with a promotion on. There are people who enjoy going but it's all too easy for them not to...and this pricing structure wasn't good enough to get those fans to buy a season ticket. Add to that that the club has already said they don't intend on having many "promotion" games next season and ticket prices are only £2 cheaper than this season and you'll have crowds of 10,000 - 11,000 + away fans.
Login to get fewer ads

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 16:41 - Apr 29 with 4361 viewsHerbivore

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 16:38 - Apr 29 by Jack27

I still think the club got the pricing wrong. The whole discounts thing is a big PR stunt. They set targets they don't actually think they'll achieve...so all you got was a a 12.5% discount for going down a league.

There's a core who will buy a season ticket as long as the price is sensible - the true hardcore fans...but the fans they club really needed to target for the new season are those fans who go to the games with a promotion on. There are people who enjoy going but it's all too easy for them not to...and this pricing structure wasn't good enough to get those fans to buy a season ticket. Add to that that the club has already said they don't intend on having many "promotion" games next season and ticket prices are only £2 cheaper than this season and you'll have crowds of 10,000 - 11,000 + away fans.

The ST prices are more than reasonable as evidenced by us already shifting more than this season despite relegation. Match day tickets for next season are also reasonable. If we're doing well the fans will come.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 16:43 - Apr 29 with 4325 viewsKieran_Knows

I get what you're saying. I thought they got the pricing spot on IMO, but the only other thing I thought they could've done was if they were prepared to lower ST prices by 22.5% if 12,000 signed up (realistic target IMO), then why not reduce them by 20% across the board in the first place - lets face it, £295 ST sound a lot better than £333 ST - I think that would've enticed people, and then if we hit say 14,000 ST, you'd have got another 10% off after that.

Still, hopefully we put in a good performance on Sunday and that may sway a few more people as the pricing is decent for League 1 football.

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 16:46 - Apr 29 with 4284 viewsJ2BLUE

Must admit, I did think the single match tickets were a little steep.

Can't complain about the STs though.

Truly impaired.

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 16:48 - Apr 29 with 4265 viewsHerbivore

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 16:46 - Apr 29 by J2BLUE

Must admit, I did think the single match tickets were a little steep.

Can't complain about the STs though.

I paid £25 to watch a League 2 game about 4 or 5 years ago. League 1 and 2 aren't cheap to watch, our match day prices will be more than competitive compared to other sides in the division.

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 16:52 - Apr 29 with 4233 viewsBobbychase

I don't know if, in context, our matchday ticket prices are out of sync with the division. The cheapest matchday ticket price at Bristol Rovers, who I go and watch sometimes, is £18 and that's in a properly knackered old stadium which they've been trying to leave for over a decade.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 16:53 - Apr 29 with 4223 viewsBobbychase

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 16:16 - Apr 29 by Kieran_Knows

Yes, imagine 14,000 is out of reach now but 12,000 would still be a decent achievement

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 17:55 - Apr 29 with 3982 viewsBlueBadger

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 16:48 - Apr 29 by Herbivore

I paid £25 to watch a League 2 game about 4 or 5 years ago. League 1 and 2 aren't cheap to watch, our match day prices will be more than competitive compared to other sides in the division.

Yeah, I was charged 15 quid for one half of Plymouth vs Rotherham in League Two(I think) a few years back(hold ups on the A1). It was comfortably the worst game of football I've ever seen. Not even Keane at the height of his 'play all the central players' mania, Jewell at our most disorganised, Mick at his most 'pragmatic', Hurst at his most inept or Lambert at his most Improved comes close to how bad this game was. The only bright spot was a comedically bad penalty on 89 minutes.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 17:59]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 18:26 - Apr 29 with 3885 viewsDubtractor

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 16:48 - Apr 29 by Herbivore

As a matchday ticket buyer I think the prices are fine. They had already reduced the matchday price for this season hadn't they, so a further big discount would have been too much.

Put it this way, if I don't go to many games next season it wont be because of the price!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 18:33 - Apr 29 with 3853 viewsMullet

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 18:26 - Apr 29 by Dubtractor

As a matchday ticket buyer I think the prices are fine. They had already reduced the matchday price for this season hadn't they, so a further big discount would have been too much.

Put it this way, if I don't go to many games next season it wont be because of the price!

Yeah, as someone who is bound by the calendar not the opposition or ticket deals it's hard to complain too much.

Does irk me giving Leeds and other scummy clubs nearly £40 a year because we do it to them though.

The fact tickets are capped for tourists and Surrey dwellers at Old Trafford and the like is a joke. If anything the lower down the pyramid, the higher the subsidies should be.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 18:57 - Apr 29 with 3720 viewsJack27

This my point though - fine for a few but not for the fans the club needs to get back. “Promotion” games only prove this as when the prices are low enough those fans come along - and there’s a lot of them. The club had a fantastic chance of getting a lot of those people in and as the stats are showing now - not getting them.
Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 19:24 - Apr 29 with 3624 viewsstonojnr

personally I dont think they are, matchday cheapest adult ticket is £23, whilst the League One average is £19.19.

plus where Id want to sit, and have generally always sat its £27, Im not willing to pay £27 quid to watch the likes of Fleetwood Town, Rochdale or Gillingham, especially given the state the club is in at the moment, its why I wont commit to a season ticket either at this stage

just because our prices were out of whack in the first place even for the championship, doesnt mean knocking a few quid off tips the balance back to the fans
Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 19:27 - Apr 29 with 3604 viewsReuser_is_God

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 19:24 - Apr 29 by stonojnr

personally I dont think they are, matchday cheapest adult ticket is £23, whilst the League One average is £19.19.

plus where Id want to sit, and have generally always sat its £27, Im not willing to pay £27 quid to watch the likes of Fleetwood Town, Rochdale or Gillingham, especially given the state the club is in at the moment, its why I wont commit to a season ticket either at this stage

just because our prices were out of whack in the first place even for the championship, doesnt mean knocking a few quid off tips the balance back to the fans

So we’re slightly above average price for a league we’ve not been in for 50+ years & it’s even more expensive for you because of the seat YOU choose to sit in?

Forgive me for thinking you’re a bit entitled here.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 19:31 - Apr 29 with 3578 viewsstrikalite

I sometimes watch Peterborough play and it's £27 on the day...
Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 19:59 - Apr 29 with 3455 viewsHerbivore

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 18:57 - Apr 29 by Jack27

This my point though - fine for a few but not for the fans the club needs to get back. “Promotion” games only prove this as when the prices are low enough those fans come along - and there’s a lot of them. The club had a fantastic chance of getting a lot of those people in and as the stats are showing now - not getting them.

Getting a couple of thousand when we have a promotion and charge a tenner is one thing, it's not a business model though.

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 20:17 - Apr 29 with 3401 viewsJack27

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 19:59 - Apr 29 by Herbivore

Getting a couple of thousand when we have a promotion and charge a tenner is one thing, it's not a business model though.

...and having 11,000 attendances is when your capacity is nearly 30,000 and you're (the club) making a big deal of getting the fans on board?
Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 20:35 - Apr 29 with 3325 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't get this thing about Fleetwood, Rochdale or Gillingham. You're going to watch Ipswich aren't you?

Truly impaired.

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 20:44 - Apr 29 with 3295 viewsDubtractor

Just under 10,500 season tickets sold... on 20:17 - Apr 29 by Jack27

...and having 11,000 attendances is when your capacity is nearly 30,000 and you're (the club) making a big deal of getting the fans on board?

So next season we'll have no day trippers at all, and no away fans?

When this year we've had about 5,000 even for games with no offers?

You weaken your argument if you exaggerate that much!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024