Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we get promoted straight back as Champions 19:29 - Apr 29 with 10091 viewsAlexGreen

Would all the trauma of this year have been worth it?

If we go right back up then I say yes - it beats 2 years of 15th placed finishes. I think. Probably.

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 19:31 - Apr 29 with 5776 viewsReuser_is_God

Yeah, of course it would. It doesn’t feel like it right now but if in 12 months time we’ve stormed League 1 we’d have very quickly forgotten this sh1t show.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 19:32 - Apr 29 with 5761 viewsSpruceMoose

What makes you think we wouldn't go right back to 15th place finishes after promotion?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 19:34 - Apr 29 with 5750 viewsm14_blue

100% yes.

It’s a big ‘if’ obviously....
If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 19:36 - Apr 29 with 5742 viewsSomethingBlue

Probably, because it will mean we have some momentum as a club again. And that counts for so much, as we've seen.

I just hope it happens. I won't be feeling too nervous at the start of next season but expect to be a wreck by the end if it's looking tight. We need to come back at the first time of asking.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 19:36 - Apr 29 with 5735 viewsDubtractor

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 19:32 - Apr 29 by SpruceMoose

What makes you think we wouldn't go right back to 15th place finishes after promotion?

We likely would, but we'd have had a bit of excitement along the way!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 19:38 - Apr 29 with 5716 viewsSpruceMoose

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 19:36 - Apr 29 by Dubtractor

We likely would, but we'd have had a bit of excitement along the way!

Are you not entertained!?

(no)

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:00 - Apr 29 with 5665 viewslowhouseblue

it would involve us winning some games which would be different.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:11 - Apr 29 with 5633 viewstextbackup

2nd or playoffs would be equally as good

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:14 - Apr 29 with 5621 viewsMullet

No, having Champions of Div 3 on the resume this side of decimalisation is an embarrassment.

Sneak up in 2nd or even make some £ at Wembley if we have to be a story next season, by all means, but every year we're down is a travesty.

The sooner we are back to top half of the Championship or more, the better. Something tells me it won't be a major concern until we see Lambert's side a few times anyway.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:16 - Apr 29 with 5604 viewsSpruceMoose

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:14 - Apr 29 by Mullet

No, having Champions of Div 3 on the resume this side of decimalisation is an embarrassment.

Sneak up in 2nd or even make some £ at Wembley if we have to be a story next season, by all means, but every year we're down is a travesty.

The sooner we are back to top half of the Championship or more, the better. Something tells me it won't be a major concern until we see Lambert's side a few times anyway.

I have no wish to see it come true because he seems like a decent bloke and he does say all the right things (which I believe he himself believes), but it wouldn't surprise me if he's gone by Christmas.

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:20 - Apr 29 with 5597 viewsblueislander

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:14 - Apr 29 by Mullet

If we have a successful season with a team composed of largely young players playing attractive football, I would be very happy. I am optimistic that may happen.
If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:24 - Apr 29 with 5585 viewsMullet

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:20 - Apr 29 by blueislander

If we have a successful season with a team composed of largely young players playing attractive football, I would be very happy. I am optimistic that may happen.

Winning the third tier is not success for a club such as ours. The bar twelve months ago was winning promotion from this league doing that.

Those allowing it to drop, whilst pointing and going "wah Mick McCarthy" this week are part of the problem frankly. We should be furious Evans has let us drop, and determined to hold him accountable until we are back at a satisfactory standard.

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:25 - Apr 29 with 5573 viewsSpruceMoose

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:20 - Apr 29 by blueislander

Watch in horror as on opening day our frail youngsters get booted of the park by some absolutely massive League One unit.

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:29 - Apr 29 with 5553 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Yep, I agree.

It will mean winning games!! And that's good whatever league it's in.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:31 - Apr 29 with 5540 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:24 - Apr 29 by Mullet

Winning the third tier is not success for a club such as ours. The bar twelve months ago was winning promotion from this league doing that.

Those allowing it to drop, whilst pointing and going "wah Mick McCarthy" this week are part of the problem frankly. We should be furious Evans has let us drop, and determined to hold him accountable until we are back at a satisfactory standard.

Nah, winning League 1 would be great fun!

I don't think our bar for success has been promotion from the Championship for a very long time.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:35 - Apr 29 with 5519 viewsblueislander

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:24 - Apr 29 by Mullet

It was a very long time ago, but I did watch Town in the third division South, and the excitement of getting out of that division was unforgettable. I don’t know how many titles you have seen Town won, but all of them with the possible exception of the play off final were with largely home grown players. That is very special.
If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:35 - Apr 29 with 5518 viewsMullet

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:31 - Apr 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

Nah, winning League 1 would be great fun!

I don't think our bar for success has been promotion from the Championship for a very long time.

That's why Mick had to go apparently. That's why Evans had to invest more. Funny how the criteria has had to be revised so soon after.

Loads of things are fun, that doesn't make them good or worthy. Riding a moped, hiding the biscuits from the irritating person at work, wanting Leeds to go up are all fun but utterly damaging to one's soul and reputation.

We are a shambles, and pretending that winning the third tier makes it all ok just will not sit well with me. Get it over with, get back up here, go from there. But that looks unlikely right now, and if that comes to pass I dread to think how those who demanded "ambition" so aggressively will pass it off.

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:37 - Apr 29 with 5503 viewsDubtractor

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:25 - Apr 29 by SpruceMoose

Watch in horror as on opening day our frail youngsters get booted of the park by some absolutely massive League One unit.

We'll lose 7-1 at home to Fleetwood, sack Lambert and appoint Joey Barton, then storm our way to the title.

DEF INFO.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 20:45]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:40 - Apr 29 with 5481 viewsMullet

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:35 - Apr 29 by blueislander

It was a very long time ago, but I did watch Town in the third division South, and the excitement of getting out of that division was unforgettable. I don’t know how many titles you have seen Town won, but all of them with the possible exception of the play off final were with largely home grown players. That is very special.

1992 we had a right mix. I'm not sure it was largely home grown was it?

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:40 - Apr 29 with 5477 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:35 - Apr 29 by Mullet

That's why Mick had to go apparently. That's why Evans had to invest more. Funny how the criteria has had to be revised so soon after.

Loads of things are fun, that doesn't make them good or worthy. Riding a moped, hiding the biscuits from the irritating person at work, wanting Leeds to go up are all fun but utterly damaging to one's soul and reputation.

We are a shambles, and pretending that winning the third tier makes it all ok just will not sit well with me. Get it over with, get back up here, go from there. But that looks unlikely right now, and if that comes to pass I dread to think how those who demanded "ambition" so aggressively will pass it off.

Disagree re Mick, I thought top half would be success.

Have to agree to differ, I'm looking forward to League 1 and would be absolutely delighted if we won promotion.

It would be a great success for the management and players that are in position at that time.

Let's all please forget about Mick and move on to the future supporting the team.

COYB

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:46 - Apr 29 with 5444 viewsMullet

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:40 - Apr 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

Disagree re Mick, I thought top half would be success.

Have to agree to differ, I'm looking forward to League 1 and would be absolutely delighted if we won promotion.

It would be a great success for the management and players that are in position at that time.

Let's all please forget about Mick and move on to the future supporting the team.

COYB

Me too, but that doesn't matter in terms of where we were 12 months ago, and where we are heading.

I'd be delighted too as it'd mean a rare brush with an unfortunate existence. But it won't be easy to win promotion.

Why forget about the best manager we've had since Royle? Those are the benchmarks we should aspire to. If not higher. This whole collapse should not coincide with expectations. It's hypocritical and foolish from too many who pushed us in this direction.

The idea that we just forget all of that and learn nothing from it can't be masked with COYB and such trite stuff. Away from the 90 minutes, we need to be holding Evans to account on everything to avoid us falling further.

We are this season's joke or even a pity case to the rest of the football world, just pretending and playing make believe isn't going to help matters.

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:48 - Apr 29 with 5429 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:46 - Apr 29 by Mullet

Me too, but that doesn't matter in terms of where we were 12 months ago, and where we are heading.

I'd be delighted too as it'd mean a rare brush with an unfortunate existence. But it won't be easy to win promotion.

Why forget about the best manager we've had since Royle? Those are the benchmarks we should aspire to. If not higher. This whole collapse should not coincide with expectations. It's hypocritical and foolish from too many who pushed us in this direction.

The idea that we just forget all of that and learn nothing from it can't be masked with COYB and such trite stuff. Away from the 90 minutes, we need to be holding Evans to account on everything to avoid us falling further.

We are this season's joke or even a pity case to the rest of the football world, just pretending and playing make believe isn't going to help matters.

Mick is the past.

I'm looking forward to next season.

I am fully behind Evans, Lambert and the team.

COYB.

;-)

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:51 - Apr 29 with 5404 viewsMullet

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:48 - Apr 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

Mick is the past.

I'm looking forward to next season.

I am fully behind Evans, Lambert and the team.

COYB.

;-)

What has Evans done to make you fully behind him? This refusal to engage with facts so far, doesn't leave me hopeful of a substantial answer, but just settling for this pitiful existence seems a tad hypocritical next to trying to whitewash Mick and his succession from the conversation.

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:57 - Apr 29 with 5371 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:51 - Apr 29 by Mullet

What has Evans done to make you fully behind him? This refusal to engage with facts so far, doesn't leave me hopeful of a substantial answer, but just settling for this pitiful existence seems a tad hypocritical next to trying to whitewash Mick and his succession from the conversation.

Chill out man.

This sort of division is not good for the club.

I'm not white washing Mick. We just need move on.

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:00 - Apr 29 with 5352 viewsMullet

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:57 - Apr 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

Chill out man.

This sort of division is not good for the club.

I'm not white washing Mick. We just need move on.

Who says I'm not chilled? You're dishing out downvotes and chucking out one liners, now trying to dictate how I feel again.

I'm guessing the whole shut up and support stuff, is as fragile as it seems.

I get it makes people uncomfortable but it's the biggest lesson our fans have in years. To dismiss it because people can't get past being wrong, is a recipe for disaster. Evans has and will continue to be the problem based on his previous.

So why do you back him so?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024