Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GOT with spoilers 21:52 - Apr 29 with 36645 viewsCoastalblue

One of their epic episodes, but I felt a little deflated by it, it was more a case of who rather than if the way the entire episode went, I did expect more casaulties though I must admit.

It was a little painting by numbers at the end, everybody about to die and then....
[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 22:21]

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

GOT with spoilers on 20:24 - May 16 with 4479 viewsSE1blue

GOT with spoilers on 16:26 - May 16 by IpswichKnight

I think Tyrion will be lucky to come out of this episode with his head still attched to his body, Jon is going to be on a murderous hunt for greyworm and Danny who murdered innocent people and soldiers who had surrended.

Someone else brought it up but I can now see Bran being declared King he is the only surviving male heir of the great houses even though he is away with the Ravens most of the time.

Bran has been clear favourite with most bookies since the beginning of this season.

His odds shortened even more dramatically after last weeks episode.

I think you could be right, mainly because I think bookies are very rarely wrong and find a way of getting inside info somehow.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

GOT with spoilers on 20:27 - May 16 with 4475 viewsJ2BLUE

GOT with spoilers on 20:24 - May 16 by SE1blue

Bran has been clear favourite with most bookies since the beginning of this season.

His odds shortened even more dramatically after last weeks episode.

I think you could be right, mainly because I think bookies are very rarely wrong and find a way of getting inside info somehow.

I really, really, hope not.

Bran has served his purpose. I hope his story is over.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

GOT with spoilers on 20:32 - May 16 with 4457 viewsDarth_Koont

GOT with spoilers on 19:47 - May 16 by Herbivore

I've not seen Mr Vertigo but I've read the book. I like Auster, never really thought about his writing translating to film though.

No, that's just a book as far as I'm aware. But even reading it seems a little rushed at the end to try and tie things together.

I'd love to see it as a film or a miniseries. But you're probably right. The stuff he's done for film is patchy so probably just won't work well.

Pronouns: He/Him

GOT with spoilers on 20:47 - May 16 with 4446 viewsIpswichKnight

GOT with spoilers on 20:27 - May 16 by J2BLUE

I really, really, hope not.

Bran has served his purpose. I hope his story is over.

I really hope I’m wrong as well.
GOT with spoilers on 20:59 - May 16 with 4433 viewsSenatorBlue

Nah, Danny will sentence Jon to death after he defeats Greyworm, the Dragon fire will have no effect on him, and working out that Jon is a Targarean, he (the Dragon) will turn around and eat Danny - Jon will then be confirmed King.
[Post edited 16 May 2019 21:00]
GOT with spoilers on 18:03 - May 19 with 4328 viewsCoastalblue

A few hours to go then, anybody have any late thoughts on who gets the seat at the end?

I want Bronn, but think it might just end up being Tyrion despite me having spent this entire season see his demise.

If not then another mad Targaryon

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.

GOT with spoilers on 18:27 - May 19 with 4298 viewsJ2BLUE

GOT with spoilers on 18:03 - May 19 by Coastalblue

A few hours to go then, anybody have any late thoughts on who gets the seat at the end?

I want Bronn, but think it might just end up being Tyrion despite me having spent this entire season see his demise.

If not then another mad Targaryon

*****POTENTIAL SPOILERS*****

WHAT FOLLOWS IS A DETAILED PREDICTION OF HOW THE SHOW MIGHT END. LOTS OF THE PIECES SEEM TO FIT. DO NOT READ ON IF YOU WANT TO AVOID ALL ***POTENTIAL*** SPOILERS

Gendry.

The more I think about it the more it makes sense. Each character with a claim to the throne has caused their own downfall other than Gendry.

Jon - Loyal and principled to a fault. He is NOT stupid or weak as I keep seeing from people who miss the point. Jon will likely oppose Dany after what she did and pay with his life. Not before he kills Grey Worm though.

Dany - Legitimised someone she never saw as a threat. Going full on mad queen makes her a target and Gendry a threat. I can see her putting Gendry in a cell and Arya killing Dany to save him.

Tyrion - Thought he was smarter than he is. Thought he could stand by while Cersei was killed. He will pay with his life for treason.

Predictions:

> Someone will die killing the final dragon taking the core of Dany's power away from her in order to save the people from further terror
> "I am not a lady, I never have been". No Arya, you are not a lady, you will be the Queen. This ties in nicely with the false dawns where the Starks and the Baratheons were to tie their houses together.
> The noble houses have caused havoc. Imagine if it ends with two men from flea bottom as the King and the Hand (Davos)
[Post edited 19 May 2019 18:30]

Truly impaired.

GOT with spoilers on 23:01 - May 19 with 4220 viewsCoastalblue

GOT with spoilers on 18:27 - May 19 by J2BLUE

*****POTENTIAL SPOILERS*****

WHAT FOLLOWS IS A DETAILED PREDICTION OF HOW THE SHOW MIGHT END. LOTS OF THE PIECES SEEM TO FIT. DO NOT READ ON IF YOU WANT TO AVOID ALL ***POTENTIAL*** SPOILERS

Gendry.

The more I think about it the more it makes sense. Each character with a claim to the throne has caused their own downfall other than Gendry.

Jon - Loyal and principled to a fault. He is NOT stupid or weak as I keep seeing from people who miss the point. Jon will likely oppose Dany after what she did and pay with his life. Not before he kills Grey Worm though.

Dany - Legitimised someone she never saw as a threat. Going full on mad queen makes her a target and Gendry a threat. I can see her putting Gendry in a cell and Arya killing Dany to save him.

Tyrion - Thought he was smarter than he is. Thought he could stand by while Cersei was killed. He will pay with his life for treason.

Predictions:

> Someone will die killing the final dragon taking the core of Dany's power away from her in order to save the people from further terror
> "I am not a lady, I never have been". No Arya, you are not a lady, you will be the Queen. This ties in nicely with the false dawns where the Starks and the Baratheons were to tie their houses together.
> The noble houses have caused havoc. Imagine if it ends with two men from flea bottom as the King and the Hand (Davos)
[Post edited 19 May 2019 18:30]

You're right about the description of Jon, but even the show's writers describe him as dumb so I'm not sure people completely miss the point.

Can't see it being Gendry, I think they knew who it was going to be from a long way out and he was basically forgotten for a bit.

I've got a horrible feeling it's actually going to be Sansa, she's the character that the TV writers have "produced" by mangling her storyline well away from what came in the books, I think they might have a will to show her triumph after all she's been through too.

I'm hoping not, but actually now I think the most likely for me.

Login to get fewer ads

GOT with spoilers on 09:35 - May 20 with 4159 viewsflimflam

Bit of a piss poor ending, very safe and predictable.

Setup for a potential spin off I think for one the main characters.

Will wait for others to watch the episode before saying anymore.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

GOT with spoilers on 11:08 - May 20 with 4126 viewschicoazul

GOT with spoilers on 09:35 - May 20 by flimflam

Bit of a piss poor ending, very safe and predictable.

Setup for a potential spin off I think for one the main characters.

Will wait for others to watch the episode before saying anymore.

I liked it! It was pretty good! It was a little bit happy ever after which is ironic considering GRM intended the books to be a commentary on what happens *after* happy ever after but thats ok.
LOL at them all laughing at the idea the people should get to choose the king, thats a Trump comment there.
Didnt buy Greyworm's "yeah ok" shrug at all but I like the fact he went to Naath although arent the Unsullied eunuchs? So how are they going to have kids, live in peace etc?
Interesting that they made comments about the only way to utopia is across a sea of blood, wise words there boyos, remember that at general election time
Feel like they missed a comedy line in the last scene with Bran and his "parliament" along the lines of "first thing we need to do is start replacing all these stairs with ramps"
Was a bit confused about Jon's final fate and the very last shot. Was he going to live with the Wildlings...? As he is supposed to be at Castle Black now.
But yes over all pretty good, Jon did what he had to. Women are mad!!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

GOT with spoilers on 11:31 - May 20 with 4111 viewsLKW15

GOT with spoilers on 11:08 - May 20 by chicoazul

I liked it! It was pretty good! It was a little bit happy ever after which is ironic considering GRM intended the books to be a commentary on what happens *after* happy ever after but thats ok.
LOL at them all laughing at the idea the people should get to choose the king, thats a Trump comment there.
Didnt buy Greyworm's "yeah ok" shrug at all but I like the fact he went to Naath although arent the Unsullied eunuchs? So how are they going to have kids, live in peace etc?
Interesting that they made comments about the only way to utopia is across a sea of blood, wise words there boyos, remember that at general election time
Feel like they missed a comedy line in the last scene with Bran and his "parliament" along the lines of "first thing we need to do is start replacing all these stairs with ramps"
Was a bit confused about Jon's final fate and the very last shot. Was he going to live with the Wildlings...? As he is supposed to be at Castle Black now.

Agree, i think this was as good an ending we could have hoped for given the hole they had dug themselves into in the preceding 5 episodes. i actually found tyrions moment with jamie's body quite touching. Bronn on the small council given where he started was funny.

i guess greyworm is going to fulfill the promise he made to messandi and protect the people of naath, although if you read the books outsiders don't live for long on naath.

overall though a disappointing final series with a lot of things left unexplained/explored, hopefully the prequel will give more about the night king and they seemed to have left a bit of scope for spinnoff series with some of the current characters
GOT with spoilers on 12:09 - May 20 with 4089 viewsflimflam

GOT with spoilers on 11:08 - May 20 by chicoazul

I took it that Jon was going to live North of the wall with the Wildlings and there were even green shoots so Summer is coming.

Ayra was setup for a spin off 100%.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

GOT with spoilers on 19:02 - May 20 with 4017 viewsHerbivore

Crap ending to a hugely disappointing season. Thanks for the memories though GoT.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

GOT with spoilers on 20:50 - May 20 with 3955 viewsJ2BLUE

I have loved this season. Others have criticised it but I have loved it. I can't defend that ending though. Really gutted.

My biggest problems

1) Why is there a Night's Watch? There is no threat. Why not banish people or have them serve in the army instead?

2) Bran. FFS. He has had all the charisma of a baked potato this season. Also a northerner on the throne when the north becomes independent? What the fook?

3) Grey Worm calling the lords together and accepting their judgement. Seemed random and against his nature.

4) When Tyrion was asked for his opinion it was set up for Jon. It would have been a much more satisfying and deserved ending for me if Jon was king.

5) Just nit picking here but Jon was made to remove his weapons when visiting Tyrion but could walk up to Dany with his sword and dagger?

Just really disappointed. I just wanted it to end with 20 mins left. Never thought I would say that.

Truly impaired.

GOT with spoilers on 20:55 - May 20 with 3948 viewsDanTheMan

That last episode didn't happen. I refuse to believe it did.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

GOT with spoilers on 21:58 - May 20 with 3897 viewsGlasgowBlue

A disappointing season overall.

Re last night’s episode. Very good for the first 35 minutes but as soon as Dany was dead it meandered for another 40 odd minutes that seemed laboured. A bit like listening to an old LP where all the best songs were on side One and side two was all filler.

Re Jon killing Dany. Firstly, it would have been more emotional had their romance developed over a long period. But it didn’t. Other than the rumble on the boat it was never one of life’s great love stories.

Secondly. There is no way Greyworm would have calmly put Jon in prison and then sent for the Lords and Ladies of Westeros. He’d have taken Jon’s head off on the spot.

And that brings this season’s main issue to the fore. It was rushed. So much happened off screen whereas the traditional 10 episodes allowed the story to breath.

Also so many unanswered questions, the main one being what did the night king and the white walkers want?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

GOT with spoilers on 22:09 - May 20 with 3887 viewsJ2BLUE

GOT with spoilers on 21:58 - May 20 by GlasgowBlue

A disappointing season overall.

Re last night’s episode. Very good for the first 35 minutes but as soon as Dany was dead it meandered for another 40 odd minutes that seemed laboured. A bit like listening to an old LP where all the best songs were on side One and side two was all filler.

Re Jon killing Dany. Firstly, it would have been more emotional had their romance developed over a long period. But it didn’t. Other than the rumble on the boat it was never one of life’s great love stories.

Secondly. There is no way Greyworm would have calmly put Jon in prison and then sent for the Lords and Ladies of Westeros. He’d have taken Jon’s head off on the spot.

And that brings this season’s main issue to the fore. It was rushed. So much happened off screen whereas the traditional 10 episodes allowed the story to breath.

Also so many unanswered questions, the main one being what did the night king and the white walkers want?

They wanted to delete all memory of humanity. That was what Bran said. That's all the explanation we're going to get.

Just like Tyrion and Davos talking about the Lord of Light.

This season was rushed but I loved episodes 1-5. That finale was sh1te though. Jon being sent to the wall just annoyed me. It didn't feel like a bittersweet ending. It just felt stupid. Bran becomes king and Grey Worm immediately challenges his authority over Tyrion.

Truly impaired.

GOT with spoilers on 22:27 - May 20 with 3841 viewsSE1blue

GOT with spoilers on 22:09 - May 20 by J2BLUE

They wanted to delete all memory of humanity. That was what Bran said. That's all the explanation we're going to get.

Just like Tyrion and Davos talking about the Lord of Light.

This season was rushed but I loved episodes 1-5. That finale was sh1te though. Jon being sent to the wall just annoyed me. It didn't feel like a bittersweet ending. It just felt stupid. Bran becomes king and Grey Worm immediately challenges his authority over Tyrion.

The bookies called it though.

They always know.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

GOT with spoilers on 22:28 - May 20 with 3839 viewsGlasgowBlue

GOT with spoilers on 20:50 - May 20 by J2BLUE

I have loved this season. Others have criticised it but I have loved it. I can't defend that ending though. Really gutted.

My biggest problems

1) Why is there a Night's Watch? There is no threat. Why not banish people or have them serve in the army instead?

2) Bran. FFS. He has had all the charisma of a baked potato this season. Also a northerner on the throne when the north becomes independent? What the fook?

3) Grey Worm calling the lords together and accepting their judgement. Seemed random and against his nature.

4) When Tyrion was asked for his opinion it was set up for Jon. It would have been a much more satisfying and deserved ending for me if Jon was king.

5) Just nit picking here but Jon was made to remove his weapons when visiting Tyrion but could walk up to Dany with his sword and dagger?

Just really disappointed. I just wanted it to end with 20 mins left. Never thought I would say that.

Re No 5.

Jon had to get past the dragon. No one else would have been able to do so. I imagine the unsullied thought the dragon was enough of a deterrent.

Iron Lion Zion

GOT with spoilers on 22:30 - May 20 with 3833 viewsGlasgowBlue

GOT with spoilers on 20:55 - May 20 by DanTheMan

That last episode didn't happen. I refuse to believe it did.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rachelsandler/2019/05/18/this-game-of-thrones-fan-w

Iron Lion Zion

GOT with spoilers on 22:34 - May 20 with 3821 viewsJ2BLUE

GOT with spoilers on 22:28 - May 20 by GlasgowBlue

Re No 5.

Jon had to get past the dragon. No one else would have been able to do so. I imagine the unsullied thought the dragon was enough of a deterrent.

Good point.

Truly impaired.

GOT with spoilers on 22:49 - May 20 with 3797 viewsTractorboy24

GOT with spoilers on 20:50 - May 20 by J2BLUE

My biggest problems

Re no 1, I assumed when Castle Black opened up and the Wildlings were there that the sentence of serving in the Night’s Watch was a guise for Jon to live free north of the wall.

Agree about the disappointment of Bran being king though, big let down.
GOT with spoilers on 23:19 - May 20 with 3749 viewsJ2BLUE

GOT with spoilers on 22:49 - May 20 by Tractorboy24

Re no 1, I assumed when Castle Black opened up and the Wildlings were there that the sentence of serving in the Night’s Watch was a guise for Jon to live free north of the wall.

Agree about the disappointment of Bran being king though, big let down.

Good point. May well be the case. Still a horrible ending IMO. Jon's story arc wasn't satisfying at all. Literally any of him becoming king, king in the north, a lord of a Targ house in a seat of power or being killed would have been more satisfying.

Truly impaired.

GOT with spoilers on 23:26 - May 20 with 3732 viewsDarth_Koont

GOT with spoilers on 07:45 - May 15 by Herbivore

This is an interesting thread on why this series hasn't gone down that well with GoT fans. I agree with a lot of it, so many of the characters seem to have become one dimensional and have behaved in ways that don't feel all that believable based on their character arcs to this point. Overall I've been disappointed by the final series.

I still think this guy nails it.

Basically, it had to become a different type of show in order to end it. When the only way it could stay the same would have been to do a Sopranos-style ending, which would probably have left people feeling even more cheated given the number of characters in GOT.

Pronouns: He/Him

GOT with spoilers on 23:32 - May 20 with 3725 viewsTractorboy24

GOT with spoilers on 23:19 - May 20 by J2BLUE

Good point. May well be the case. Still a horrible ending IMO. Jon's story arc wasn't satisfying at all. Literally any of him becoming king, king in the north, a lord of a Targ house in a seat of power or being killed would have been more satisfying.

I think I’d have been happier with pretty much any other option other than Bran ending up on the throne. I felt least invested in his character than any of the others.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024