Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GOT with spoilers 21:52 - Apr 29 with 36456 viewsCoastalblue

One of their epic episodes, but I felt a little deflated by it, it was more a case of who rather than if the way the entire episode went, I did expect more casaulties though I must admit.

It was a little painting by numbers at the end, everybody about to die and then....
[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 22:21]

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

GOT with spoilers ******************************************* on 21:54 - Apr 29 with 10912 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Kinda sh!tty way for the NK to die, but badass from Ayra, his little smug smile when the dragonfire did nothing to him. I expected a lot more from that episode if I'm honest.
GOT with spoilers ******************************************* on 22:04 - Apr 29 with 10885 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree it was slightly disappointing but I think the show has become a victim of its own success in that we now expect so much from it. This episode was hyped to the max. Once I digested it and accounted for it not being possible to live up to expectations I would give it an 8/10. I would have liked more major deaths though. The chances of Jamie, Brienne, Tyrion, Jon, Dany, Bran, Sansa and Arya all living must have been huge. I also assume Tormund and Gendry are alive.

I think the episode did a good job of showing the utter chaos and how up against it they were. The Night King's death seemed a bit of a let down but I can't think of a way he could have been killed where it would have lived up to the hype. A long battle with Jon maybe but that was a bit too obvious.

Only on the second watch did the Melisandre/Arya "and blue eyes" exchange make sense to me.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

GOT with spoilers ******************************************* on 22:29 - Apr 29 with 10810 viewsGlasgowBlue

GOT with spoilers ******************************************* on 22:04 - Apr 29 by J2BLUE

Agree it was slightly disappointing but I think the show has become a victim of its own success in that we now expect so much from it. This episode was hyped to the max. Once I digested it and accounted for it not being possible to live up to expectations I would give it an 8/10. I would have liked more major deaths though. The chances of Jamie, Brienne, Tyrion, Jon, Dany, Bran, Sansa and Arya all living must have been huge. I also assume Tormund and Gendry are alive.

I think the episode did a good job of showing the utter chaos and how up against it they were. The Night King's death seemed a bit of a let down but I can't think of a way he could have been killed where it would have lived up to the hype. A long battle with Jon maybe but that was a bit too obvious.

Only on the second watch did the Melisandre/Arya "and blue eyes" exchange make sense to me.

I was blown away by it and I liked how it looked like Arya would die but turned out to be the one who kills the NK.

Cersie has played a blinder. Half the forces of DT are dead and she now has the upper hand in the battle to come.

I think we’ll see either Jaimie or Brien die saving Tegan tiger from Cersie. And remember Bron has the crossbow.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

GOT with spoilers ******************************************* on 22:37 - Apr 29 with 10784 viewsCoastalblue

GOT with spoilers ******************************************* on 22:29 - Apr 29 by GlasgowBlue

I was blown away by it and I liked how it looked like Arya would die but turned out to be the one who kills the NK.

Cersie has played a blinder. Half the forces of DT are dead and she now has the upper hand in the battle to come.

I think we’ll see either Jaimie or Brien die saving Tegan tiger from Cersie. And remember Bron has the crossbow.

I was expecting Bron to turn up and save either Tyrian or Jamie as a last ditch thing tonight, I think he'll kill Cersei with the crossbow, probably for a castle and a wagon load of gold.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.

GOT with spoilers on 22:43 - Apr 29 with 10748 viewsHerbivore

Not really sure what else they could have done with it really. It was always likely to feel anticlimactic after 8 seasons of build up for one episode but I thought they handled it pretty well. There's a lot of other storylines to tie up so I can understand the relative lack of deaths.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

GOT with spoilers on 10:05 - Apr 30 with 10506 viewsflimflam

Hated this episode and for me has ruined what has been a simply brilliant show.

Note - in future dont make a tv show about a book that has not been finished as the writers have ruined all the good from previous series.

Mary Sue and Plot Armor spring to mind.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

GOT with spoilers on 10:12 - Apr 30 with 10493 viewsElephantintheRoom

Crikey - next thing you'll be saying you're a bit disappointed with the way Town have been playing recently. Not sure what else they could have packed in - and if you think any major characters are going to be killed off mid-season then you were always going to be disappointed. For a episode-long battle scene in the dark, when in reality you'd see absolutely nothing it was a pretty good effort.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

GOT with spoilers on 10:24 - Apr 30 with 10479 viewsflimflam

GOT with spoilers on 10:12 - Apr 30 by ElephantintheRoom

Crikey - next thing you'll be saying you're a bit disappointed with the way Town have been playing recently. Not sure what else they could have packed in - and if you think any major characters are going to be killed off mid-season then you were always going to be disappointed. For a episode-long battle scene in the dark, when in reality you'd see absolutely nothing it was a pretty good effort.

Its so far from what GOT used to be it is quite heart breaking.

Martin would have not been afraid to wipe out some main characters but instead they fought in ones and twos and survived against an enemy who wiped out two entire armies in minutes. Luckily there was always a main character to save another main character at the last second several times hey.
Gone are the out of the blue gruesome deaths of main characters that make you sit up and take notice.

Why were the fire pits behind the main forces? RIP Unsullied.
Why send your best fighters into the unknown to be wiped out in seconds? RIP Dothraki.
What was the point of Jon Snow?
Luckily he could hide behind a small rock from blue dragon flame that blew the wall to pieces in seconds.
Why have a stand off with the wights when they were stood behind the fire pit? Perfect opportunity to reign down fire and arrows.
Why build the pits 2 foot deep and 2 foot wide?
Why only use the fireball catapults once and why have them outside the castle?
In fact why stand outside when you have a nice castle to defend from?
10s of thousands defending the castle, almost all die but luckily the main characters somehow survive.
What the heck was Bran doing? Watching End Game?
Why build up the Night King for 8 seasons only to kill him off that easily? Why not explore the connection between him and Bran some?
Why not just send Ayra North of the wall to assassinate the Night King and be done with all this death and destruction?

I so wanted this to be good but it seems to have gone all Marvel and is nothing like the brutal and unpredictable earlier series.

I love this show so much and this series I cannot understand how Martin has allowed this poor writing and predictability.

Login to get fewer ads

GOT with spoilers on 11:31 - Apr 30 with 10424 viewsCaptainAhab

Aside from not being able to see all of the action, cos it was too damn dark (which in hindsight maight have added to the atmosphere), I thought that was quite possibly the best, most intense hour or so of television I've ever seen.
I can't believe anyone is complaining about it, there has to be some sort of resolution as there is only 3 episodes left and I'd say they managed it (the battle,deaths and end of the Night King) in about as satisfying way as they could have.
If that episiode didn't get your juices flowing then it's probably time to give up on GOT.
GOT with spoilers on 11:35 - Apr 30 with 10410 viewsHerbivore

GOT with spoilers on 10:24 - Apr 30 by flimflam

Martin would have not been afraid to wipe out some main characters but instead they fought in ones and twos and survived against an enemy who wiped out two entire armies in minutes. Luckily there was always a main character to save another main character at the last second several times hey.
Gone are the out of the blue gruesome deaths of main characters that make you sit up and take notice.

Why send your best fighters into the unknown to be wiped out in seconds? RIP Dothraki.
Luckily he could hide behind a small rock from blue dragon flame that blew the wall to pieces in seconds.
Why have a stand off with the wights when they were stood behind the fire pit? Perfect opportunity to reign down fire and arrows.
10s of thousands defending the castle, almost all die but luckily the main characters somehow survive.
Why build up the Night King for 8 seasons only to kill him off that easily? Why not explore the connection between him and Bran some?
Why not just send Ayra North of the wall to assassinate the Night King and be done with all this death and destruction?

I so wanted this to be good but it seems to have gone all Marvel and is nothing like the brutal and unpredictable earlier series.

I love this show so much and this series I cannot understand how Martin has allowed this poor writing and predictability.

So we'll put you down as not being entirely convinced.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

GOT with spoilers on 11:42 - Apr 30 with 10402 viewsKeaneish

HaHaHa! Brilliant.I think you're taking this far too seriously and reading far too much into military tactics from a fantasy book and TV series.

Agree with others on here that it was an epic piece of TV viewing - nothing else comes close. I think we've become so accustomed to how great it is we're continually asking for more. Thought the CGI had come on considerably and the narrative was decent. More will die, Cersei being one probably at the hand of the hand, Tyrion!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

GOT with spoilers on 11:59 - Apr 30 with 10372 viewsSikamikanico

GOT with spoilers on 10:05 - Apr 30 by flimflam

Hated this episode and for me has ruined what has been a simply brilliant show.

Note - in future dont make a tv show about a book that has not been finished as the writers have ruined all the good from previous series.

Mary Sue and Plot Armor spring to mind.

To be fair to the writers of the show, the first series came out in 2011 and the 5th book was released the same year. Who could have predicted Martin would procrastinate so much on the last two books and not release at least one more until then.

The Night King was only a distraction to the main story of who eventually sits on the Iron Throne. The main characters were always likely to survive as they are all needed for the final part.
GOT with spoilers on 12:02 - Apr 30 with 10364 viewsSE1blue

GOT with spoilers on 11:42 - Apr 30 by Keaneish

HaHaHa! Brilliant.I think you're taking this far too seriously and reading far too much into military tactics from a fantasy book and TV series.

Agree with others on here that it was an epic piece of TV viewing - nothing else comes close. I think we've become so accustomed to how great it is we're continually asking for more. Thought the CGI had come on considerably and the narrative was decent. More will die, Cersei being one probably at the hand of the hand, Tyrion!

For me, it was one amazing episode.

The build up to the battle was even better than the battle itself - the suspense was unbearable and then the tsunami of white walkers coming back at them was very well done.

It’s always possible to pick holes in a plot - some of the twitter posts about Danerys involvement are hilarious - but as part of a series and not a stand alone film that had everything it possibly could.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2019 12:03]

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

GOT with spoilers on 13:15 - Apr 30 with 10277 viewsSwansea_Blue

https://www.joe.co.uk/entertainment/player-ratings-for-game-of-thrones-battle-of

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

GOT with spoilers on 19:40 - Apr 30 with 10149 viewsCoastalblue

GOT with spoilers on 11:59 - Apr 30 by Sikamikanico

To be fair to the writers of the show, the first series came out in 2011 and the 5th book was released the same year. Who could have predicted Martin would procrastinate so much on the last two books and not release at least one more until then.

The Night King was only a distraction to the main story of who eventually sits on the Iron Throne. The main characters were always likely to survive as they are all needed for the final part.

As someone who got used to sitting and waiting I think the writers might have had an indication that another book wouldn't be along anytime soon, let alone two.

GOT with spoilers on 20:25 - Apr 30 with 10132 viewsBLUEBEAT

Not enough people getting off with one another in this current series, IMHO.

Poll: W or W

GOT with spoilers on 20:30 - Apr 30 with 10125 viewsGlasgowBlue

GOT with spoilers on 13:15 - Apr 30 by Swansea_Blue

https://www.joe.co.uk/entertainment/player-ratings-for-game-of-thrones-battle-of

That's very good.

I saw this earlier.

Iron Lion Zion

GOT with spoilers on 20:35 - Apr 30 with 10114 viewsSpruceMoose

GOT with spoilers on 20:25 - Apr 30 by BLUEBEAT

Not enough people getting off with one another in this current series, IMHO.

Read Mattinlondon's review earlier on. The take away line from it was 'not nearly enough tiddays'.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

on 06:29 - May 1 with 9975 views_

GOT with spoilers on 10:26 - May 1 with 9895 viewsElephantintheRoom

GOT with spoilers on 11:35 - Apr 30 by Herbivore

So we'll put you down as not being entirely convinced.

If you are going to that extreme - why not simply ask Bran who knows what's going to happen anyway.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

GOT with spoilers on 17:11 - May 1 with 9781 viewsJ2BLUE

GOT with spoilers on 10:26 - May 1 by ElephantintheRoom

If you are going to that extreme - why not simply ask Bran who knows what's going to happen anyway.

Does he? I don't think he can see the future.

When asked about dragon fire killing the Night King he didn't know because no one had ever tried. Now he knows.

Truly impaired.

GOT with spoilers on 17:22 - May 1 with 9765 viewsGlasgowBlue

GOT with spoilers on 17:11 - May 1 by J2BLUE

Does he? I don't think he can see the future.

When asked about dragon fire killing the Night King he didn't know because no one had ever tried. Now he knows.

That's what I thought. He can see the past and he can see the present when he is warging with the ravens.

Iron Lion Zion

GOT with spoilers on 23:41 - May 5 with 9628 viewsJ2BLUE

I've watched this episode three times now (and certain parts of it four times) and I have to say it gets better and better. I was perhaps slightly unconvinced on the night but it really was a masterpiece and might take a few views to really appreciate it.

Truly impaired.

GOT with spoilers on 17:39 - May 6 with 9506 viewsflimflam

GOT with spoilers on 23:41 - May 5 by J2BLUE

I've watched this episode three times now (and certain parts of it four times) and I have to say it gets better and better. I was perhaps slightly unconvinced on the night but it really was a masterpiece and might take a few views to really appreciate it.

Well episode 4 was pretty pathetic. This series does not even come close to previous seasons.

on 17:40 - May 6 with 9499 views_

GOT with spoilers on 17:39 - May 6 by flimflam

Well episode 4 was pretty pathetic. This series does not even come close to previous seasons.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024