Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GOT with spoilers 21:52 - Apr 29 with 36654 viewsCoastalblue

One of their epic episodes, but I felt a little deflated by it, it was more a case of who rather than if the way the entire episode went, I did expect more casaulties though I must admit.

It was a little painting by numbers at the end, everybody about to die and then....
[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 22:21]

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

GOT with spoilers on 10:27 - May 14 with 6363 viewsCoastalblue

GOT with spoilers on 10:20 - May 14 by GlasgowBlue

I predict one of two outcomes next week.

Dany tells the dragon to burn Jon but the dragon refuses because he’s a Targaryen.

Dany begs Jon to kill her as she knows she’s lost the plot.

I have a suspicion Dany might engineer a way to get Jon out of the picture, he's her greatest threat now whether intentional or not and I think he'll pay for that next week, but more subtly than just being burnt.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

GOT with spoilers on 10:35 - May 14 with 6350 viewschicoazul

GOT with spoilers on 10:20 - May 14 by GlasgowBlue

I predict one of two outcomes next week.

Dany tells the dragon to burn Jon but the dragon refuses because he’s a Targaryen.

Dany begs Jon to kill her as she knows she’s lost the plot.

I think maybe Drogon wil do as he is told *but* Jon being a Targ wont be burnt, everyone then realises what and who he is (and as an aside its an opportunity for some gratuitous male nudity for a change) and the Northmen decide to support him instead of Dany. The Unsullied and the Dothraki turn to the Northmen, all sides with with swords drawn....cut to black. Sopranos all over again.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

GOT with spoilers on 11:09 - May 14 with 6319 viewsIpswichKnight

Nah my guess is that Jon kills her and the dragon won't kill Jon as he's of Dragon blood. Dragon flies off to the Southern Continent which is not spoken of.
GOT with spoilers on 11:36 - May 14 with 6303 viewsDecoy_Octopus

GOT with spoilers on 11:09 - May 14 by IpswichKnight

Nah my guess is that Jon kills her and the dragon won't kill Jon as he's of Dragon blood. Dragon flies off to the Southern Continent which is not spoken of.

Dany tries to kill Jon with dragon and fails as he's a Targaryen. Jon kills Dany somehow for the good of the kingdom and poisons the dragon so there can never be another massacre like the one at kings landing

He'll then either take the throne reluctantly and ending the Targaryen inbreeding - or leave it and install either Tyrion and/or Sansa, or Gendry
GOT with spoilers on 13:03 - May 14 with 6253 viewssyntaxerror

GOT with spoilers on 11:36 - May 14 by Decoy_Octopus

Dany tries to kill Jon with dragon and fails as he's a Targaryen. Jon kills Dany somehow for the good of the kingdom and poisons the dragon so there can never be another massacre like the one at kings landing

He'll then either take the throne reluctantly and ending the Targaryen inbreeding - or leave it and install either Tyrion and/or Sansa, or Gendry

I am actually expecting Dany to kill Jon, and Arya to get revenge.
The Arya / Death rides a pale horse scene at the end of the last episode seems like foreshadowing.
GOT with spoilers on 16:31 - May 14 with 6200 viewsGlasgowBlue

GOT with spoilers on 13:03 - May 14 by syntaxerror

The Arya / Death rides a pale horse scene at the end of the last episode seems like foreshadowing.

Jon Snow's character has been built up over 8 seasons. He played second fiddle to Arya in killing the night king. I can't see the writers giving Arya another big kill whilst leaving Jon on the bench again.

And I'm wondering who Varys sent his letter to in the opening scene. It is obviously going to play a part in Jon's secret coming out.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

GOT with spoilers on 17:25 - May 14 with 6181 viewsSamWhiteUK

I haven't read the thread, but I'd just like to say thank you for posting that there are spoilers. If only everyone could have this common courtesy across the internet!!
GOT with spoilers on 17:37 - May 14 with 6170 viewsflimflam

GOT with spoilers on 13:03 - May 14 by syntaxerror

Jon or Arya kill Danny, Bran sits on the throne laughing as he is actually the Night King and wins lol

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Login to get fewer ads

GOT with spoilers on 18:43 - May 14 with 6149 viewsGlasgowBlue

GOT with spoilers on 17:37 - May 14 by flimflam

Jon or Arya kill Danny, Bran sits on the throne laughing as he is actually the Night King and wins lol

I’d be very disappointed if Bronn didn’t make an appearance. He’s been given the crossbow, briefly turned up with it in Winterfel, then disappeared again.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

GOT with spoilers on 01:53 - May 15 with 6077 viewsJ2BLUE

Seems a lot of people are now jumping on my Jon/Dragon theory.

I thought that episode was brilliant. Sets Dany up as the mad queen, makes Tyrion think he should have sided with Varys and leaves a few decent options for the Iron Throne (Tyrion and Sansa, Gendry, Jon).

This final season seems to be Marmite and i'm loving it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

GOT with spoilers on 07:45 - May 15 with 6020 viewsHerbivore

This is an interesting thread on why this series hasn't gone down that well with GoT fans. I agree with a lot of it, so many of the characters seem to have become one dimensional and have behaved in ways that don't feel all that believable based on their character arcs to this point. Overall I've been disappointed by the final series.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

GOT with spoilers on 09:30 - May 15 with 5976 viewschicoazul

GOT with spoilers on 01:53 - May 15 by J2BLUE

Seems a lot of people are now jumping on my Jon/Dragon theory.

I thought that episode was brilliant. Sets Dany up as the mad queen, makes Tyrion think he should have sided with Varys and leaves a few decent options for the Iron Throne (Tyrion and Sansa, Gendry, Jon).

This final season seems to be Marmite and i'm loving it.

I've been thinking about this and have decided the reason so many people are up in arms about the latest episode is because of all the cutesy-tootsy behind the scenes videos, Instagrams etc and the fact that Kit Maisie and Emilia are so adorbs. Seriously. It's a lot of cognitive dissonance for many people to handle.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

GOT with spoilers on 10:42 - May 15 with 5953 viewsSwansea_Blue

GOT with spoilers on 07:45 - May 15 by Herbivore

This is an interesting thread on why this series hasn't gone down that well with GoT fans. I agree with a lot of it, so many of the characters seem to have become one dimensional and have behaved in ways that don't feel all that believable based on their character arcs to this point. Overall I've been disappointed by the final series.

Interesting, it certainly feels different to me, not that I haven't enjoyed it.

I knew writers behaved in these ways, but I didn't know the actual term was 'pantser'. I like that. At last I feel like I belong to a group - making it up as we go along.

I'm a pantser

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

GOT with spoilers on 11:11 - May 15 with 5926 viewsHerbivore

GOT with spoilers on 10:42 - May 15 by Swansea_Blue

Interesting, it certainly feels different to me, not that I haven't enjoyed it.

I knew writers behaved in these ways, but I didn't know the actual term was 'pantser'. I like that. At last I feel like I belong to a group - making it up as we go along.

I'm a pantser

Yeah, I'd not heard that before. I used to do a bit of writing and I'm definitely a pantser.

GOT with spoilers on 15:14 - May 16 with 5837 viewsKilburnBlue

Could Stannis Baratheon be one finally sittimg on the throne?.

At the beginning of the last episode a young girl approached Varys & said to him 'he is not eating'. Who could this be? It has to be someone connected to the line of the throne as Varys has always held the realm in his best interests

My theory is Stennis is in the dungeons where his daughter was once kept until he is better after having his head chopped of by Brienne of Tarth. Yoi think he must be surely dead, but the red queen brought John Snow & Beric Dondarrion back to life. So why not Stennis who the red queen was so sure of in the beginning.

Anyway thats my theory that im throwing out there.
[Post edited 16 May 2019 15:21]

GOT with spoilers on 15:23 - May 16 with 5818 viewsSpruceMoose

GOT with spoilers on 15:14 - May 16 by KilburnBlue

At the beginning of the last episode a young girl approached Varys & said to him 'he is not eating'. Who could this be? It has to be someone connected to the line of the throne as Varys has always held the realm in his best interests

My theory is Stennis is in the dungeons where his daughter was once kept until he is better after having his head chopped of by Brienne of Tarth. Yoi think he must be surely dead, but the red queen brought John Snow & Beric Dondarrion back to life. So why not Stennis who the red queen was so sure of in the beginning.

Wasn't it 'she is not eating' - referring to Daenerys?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

GOT with spoilers on 15:31 - May 16 with 5795 viewsflimflam

She was one of Varys little birds who was working in the kitchen and I am guessing trying to poison Dany on his orders but came to report she was not eating and hadn't eaten for 4 days. I think thats what I heard anyway.

If Dany is killed and Jon does not want the throne who does that realistically leave?

Tyrion? Rumour is he is the Mad Kings bastard. Gendry, Roberts bastard?

Bran? Who is the oldest legitimate Stark?

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

GOT with spoilers on 15:34 - May 16 with 5790 viewsKilburnBlue

GOT with spoilers on 15:23 - May 16 by SpruceMoose

Wasn't it 'she is not eating' - referring to Daenerys?

Poo Just re watched it. You were right, scrap everything I just said.

Had a mouthful of Crisps at the time so must of misheard

GOT with spoilers on 15:40 - May 16 with 5776 viewsSpruceMoose

GOT with spoilers on 15:34 - May 16 by KilburnBlue

Poo Just re watched it. You were right, scrap everything I just said.

Had a mouthful of Crisps at the time so must of misheard

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

GOT with spoilers on 15:44 - May 16 with 5767 viewsJ2BLUE

It was she, not he.

Even if it was he, that is a MASSIVE leap. Looks to me to be between Gendry, Tyrion and Jon for the iron throne with Jon being the obvious favourite,, reluctantly accepting the throne after seeing Dany go full psycho.

Or we could see the kingdom separate with a common defence pact, this looks more likely after the last episode:

Winterfell - Jon
Casterly Rock - Tyrion w/ Sansa
Stormlands - Gendry w/ Arya
Iron Islands - Yara
Vale - Robert if he's still alive
Dorne - the "new prince"
Riverrun - Edmure
Highgarden - Sam
King's Landing - destroyed

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

GOT with spoilers on 15:53 - May 16 with 5748 viewschicoazul

GOT with spoilers on 15:44 - May 16 by J2BLUE

It was she, not he.

Even if it was he, that is a MASSIVE leap. Looks to me to be between Gendry, Tyrion and Jon for the iron throne with Jon being the obvious favourite,, reluctantly accepting the throne after seeing Dany go full psycho.

Or we could see the kingdom separate with a common defence pact, this looks more likely after the last episode:

Winterfell - Jon
Iron Islands - Yara
Dorne - the "new prince"
Riverrun - Edmure
Highgarden - Sam

It's gonna be Tyrion. Jon and Dany's doomed romance will play out somehow and end up with either both dead or one dead and the other running off or some sht.

GOT with spoilers on 16:21 - May 16 with 5716 viewsDarth_Koont

GOT with spoilers on 07:45 - May 15 by Herbivore

Excellent read. And explains why there are so few novels and films that do both parts (plot and characterisation) very well at the same time.

One that springs to mind is Mr Vertigo by Paul Auster. But even that has a slightly rushed feeling at the end compared to what went on before.

Pronouns: He/Him

GOT with spoilers on 16:26 - May 16 with 5716 viewsIpswichKnight

GOT with spoilers on 15:44 - May 16 by J2BLUE

It was she, not he.

Winterfell - Jon
Iron Islands - Yara
Dorne - the "new prince"
Riverrun - Edmure
Highgarden - Sam

I think Tyrion will be lucky to come out of this episode with his head still attched to his body, Jon is going to be on a murderous hunt for greyworm and Danny who murdered innocent people and soldiers who had surrended.

Someone else brought it up but I can now see Bran being declared King he is the only surviving male heir of the great houses even though he is away with the Ravens most of the time.
GOT with spoilers on 19:34 - May 16 with 5661 viewsBLUEBEAT

giant lady gets a flavour for pipe

Poll: W or W

GOT with spoilers on 19:47 - May 16 with 5655 viewsHerbivore

GOT with spoilers on 16:21 - May 16 by Darth_Koont

Excellent read. And explains why there are so few novels and films that do both parts (plot and characterisation) very well at the same time.

One that springs to mind is Mr Vertigo by Paul Auster. But even that has a slightly rushed feeling at the end compared to what went on before.

I've not seen Mr Vertigo but I've read the book. I like Auster, never really thought about his writing translating to film though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024