Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New privacy pop-up 10:07 - Apr 30 with 6126 viewsGavTWTD

We are required by law to have one of these on the site. We've had trouble with them, but the latest one should work. If you are getting this popup on every page, then that is obviously not what should be happening.

I've written a page that clears your cookies from this site, but it mightn't clear them all. It's certainly worth a try:
https://www.twtd.co.uk/page/clearcookies

If that doesn't work, then try and clear your cookies manually on your browser.

It's been said that closing down your browser and your device may help also.

Please let me know if it worked or not. If it DIDN'T, please use the Contact Us page https://www.twtd.co.uk/contact-us/ and use the subject "site bug".

This will send me a copy of your cookies, which I can send to our popup provider and get it sorted.

Cheers muchly.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

New privacy pop-up on 10:55 - Apr 30 with 5619 viewscarlisleaway

Are you trying to say get rid of all the unclassified sites ??
New privacy pop-up on 11:12 - Apr 30 with 5600 viewsGavTWTD

New privacy pop-up on 10:55 - Apr 30 by carlisleaway

Are you trying to say get rid of all the unclassified sites ??

Sorry, I'm not with you.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.

New privacy pop-up on 12:50 - Apr 30 with 5439 viewsbilllm

Can't get rid of the pop up, totally ruined the site
New privacy pop-up on 13:10 - Apr 30 with 5397 viewsJimmyJazz

I'm sure the law doesn't dictate a pop-up repeatedly appearing. This is the only site i've ever seen that this happens on. Surely a link on your menu bar - Home - News - Forum etc - is sufficient?

Clearing cookies is a cop out IT answer

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

New privacy pop-up on 13:12 - Apr 30 with 5391 viewsEly_Blue

Noticed it yesterday and it’s coming up at every page view or 2nd page view

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

New privacy pop-up on 13:50 - Apr 30 with 5321 viewsDubtractor

These pop ups are ruining my afternoon poo.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

New privacy pop-up on 13:57 - Apr 30 with 5308 viewsGavTWTD

New privacy pop-up on 13:10 - Apr 30 by JimmyJazz

I'm sure the law doesn't dictate a pop-up repeatedly appearing. This is the only site i've ever seen that this happens on. Surely a link on your menu bar - Home - News - Forum etc - is sufficient?

Clearing cookies is a cop out IT answer

No, a link on the menu isn't sufficient at all. The popup should only appear once before saving your choices.

New privacy pop-up on 15:06 - Apr 30 with 5236 viewsNorthstander_Blue

Can't get rid of pop up cleared history but nothing

Poll: Would you be happy to sign Daryl Murphy?

Login to get fewer ads

New privacy pop-up on 15:11 - Apr 30 with 5225 viewsGavTWTD

New privacy pop-up on 15:06 - Apr 30 by Northstander_Blue

Can't get rid of pop up cleared history but nothing

History is different from cookies, but might be lumped into a "clear" function.

We've had some progress in the the popup provider has replicated the problem and so are looking into it.

New privacy pop-up on 15:14 - Apr 30 with 5220 viewsWestover

I'm an old fogey so have not got a clue as to know what to try so it looks like I will use the site less and just look at what I need to😢
New privacy pop-up on 15:57 - Apr 30 with 5161 viewswellhungphil

I was getting the popup all the time too (every time I went to a different TWTD page) until I did the other IT-cop-out manoeuvre which is to clear the cache using (on most Windows browsers certainly, and Linux too as far as I know) CTRL + F5.

A standard F5 is a simple refresh, but if you hold down the Control (usually marked CTRL) button and press F5 while doing so, it forces a refresh of various info from the TWTD server.

I've developed my own web-app and CTRL+F5 has come in handy during development for forcing the app to recognise changes to the CSS / Javascript which otherwise go completely ignored.

It's not always necessary, but when it is, nothing else seems to fix it (short of using a different device, or a different web browser on the same device, e.g. Edge instead of Chrome).

It might be a coincidence but after the CTRL+F5, I stopped getting the popup.

Don't ask me about Android/Apple/Galaxy/Fit-Bit/Digital Alarm Clocks/Sundials/Abacuses. I'm a spider living in an abandoned shoe and am only aware of my own Size 11 universe.
=====

Edit - I may well be talking ballcocks. I visited the page Gav suggested at the same time as doing the Ctrl+F5 thing so there's a good chance my suggestion is coincidental pants.

I just visited the link specified below:

--
I've written a page that clears your cookies from this site, but it mightn't clear them all. It's certainly worth a try:
https://www.twtd.co.uk/page/cookieanalysis/clearcookies
--
...and without doing anything else, the popup appeared once more and then not again. I'm using Google Chrome (on Windows 10). I'd suggest anyone having ongoing issues try out the site on Google Chrome if possible to see if it improves things.

PS: Disclaimer - I work for Google and will earn £1,000,000 for everyone who switches to Chrome. I will of course donate my entire earnings to funding the playing squad next season.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2019 16:08]
New privacy pop-up on 16:18 - Apr 30 with 5129 viewsGavTWTD

New privacy pop-up on 15:57 - Apr 30 by wellhungphil

I was getting the popup all the time too (every time I went to a different TWTD page) until I did the other IT-cop-out manoeuvre which is to clear the cache using (on most Windows browsers certainly, and Linux too as far as I know) CTRL + F5.

A standard F5 is a simple refresh, but if you hold down the Control (usually marked CTRL) button and press F5 while doing so, it forces a refresh of various info from the TWTD server.

I've developed my own web-app and CTRL+F5 has come in handy during development for forcing the app to recognise changes to the CSS / Javascript which otherwise go completely ignored.

It's not always necessary, but when it is, nothing else seems to fix it (short of using a different device, or a different web browser on the same device, e.g. Edge instead of Chrome).

It might be a coincidence but after the CTRL+F5, I stopped getting the popup.

Don't ask me about Android/Apple/Galaxy/Fit-Bit/Digital Alarm Clocks/Sundials/Abacuses. I'm a spider living in an abandoned shoe and am only aware of my own Size 11 universe.
=====

Edit - I may well be talking ballcocks. I visited the page Gav suggested at the same time as doing the Ctrl+F5 thing so there's a good chance my suggestion is coincidental pants.

I just visited the link specified below:

--
https://www.twtd.co.uk/page/cookieanalysis/clearcookies
--
...and without doing anything else, the popup appeared once more and then not again. I'm using Google Chrome (on Windows 10). I'd suggest anyone having ongoing issues try out the site on Google Chrome if possible to see if it improves things.

PS: Disclaimer - I work for Google and will earn £1,000,000 for everyone who switches to Chrome. I will of course donate my entire earnings to funding the playing squad next season.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2019 16:08]

The page I made may indeed need a refresh on it to make it work. I didn't want to change my instructions just yet because there are better minds than mine looking at it, but thanks for that.

New privacy pop-up on 17:33 - Apr 30 with 5023 viewsSpruceMoose

New privacy pop-up on 13:50 - Apr 30 by Dubtractor

These pop ups are ruining my afternoon poo.

How about a trip down memory lane? Take a newspaper, and get inky fingerprints all over the rest of the room.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

New privacy pop-up on 18:47 - Apr 30 with 4938 viewspeterleeblue

Further to my PM earlier still no good for me on Chrome......

Not sure on Cache and Cookies removal so stuck with the problem still.
New privacy pop-up on 19:33 - Apr 30 with 4876 viewsbilllm

Nothings worked, ruined it
New privacy pop-up on 19:36 - Apr 30 with 4875 viewsMJR101

Can’t get rid of it. Frustrating to say the least.
New privacy pop-up on 20:21 - Apr 30 with 4820 viewsBackToRussia

Maybe pay someone to fix it for you?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

New privacy pop-up on 20:46 - Apr 30 with 4791 viewsTractorWood

New privacy pop-up on 19:36 - Apr 30 by MJR101

Can’t get rid of it. Frustrating to say the least.

I agree.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

New privacy pop-up on 21:26 - Apr 30 with 4741 viewsPMac13

New privacy pop-up on 20:46 - Apr 30 by TractorWood

I agree.

Me too, using an iPad and whatever I do it comes back every time I click on anything, complete nightmare. There must be a better fix surely? I don’t get this anywhere else...

Also it doesn’t remember your choices, selected reject all in the manage preferences yet when you go back in it defaults back to them all being allowed!
[Post edited 30 Apr 2019 21:32]
New privacy pop-up on 22:03 - Apr 30 with 4682 viewsEly_Blue

New privacy pop-up on 21:26 - Apr 30 by PMac13

Me too, using an iPad and whatever I do it comes back every time I click on anything, complete nightmare. There must be a better fix surely? I don’t get this anywhere else...

Also it doesn’t remember your choices, selected reject all in the manage preferences yet when you go back in it defaults back to them all being allowed!
[Post edited 30 Apr 2019 21:32]

Same for me on iPad, getting bloody annoying, oh well, less visits equals less revenue for the site if it doesn’t get sorted

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

New privacy pop-up on 03:51 - May 1 with 4568 viewsharlingblue

This is a nightmare, and it will totally destroy your/our wonderful TWTD site. You must do it at source stage, by a computer programmer? Most of the people on this site are very football literate, but should not have to do a computer course to use it.
New privacy pop-up on 09:10 - May 1 with 4472 viewsVaughan8

AM I being thick but that page just lists the cookies. Doesn't actually tell me what to do (presumably delete them?).

As I said, I'm probably being thick but how to I delete individual cookies (I know how to "clear all cookies" in the browser).
New privacy pop-up on 09:46 - May 1 with 4441 viewsSnitch67

I seem to have fixed the problem on my iPad since removing the website data specific to TWTD. No more pop-ups since.

Settings/Safari/advanced/website Data

Clicked on edit at the top right of the screen and clicked on the minus sign against TWTD (Used the search bar at the top of the screen to find TWTD)

When I went back into TWTD on the browser the privacy pop-up appeared once but after being accepted it has not appeared since.
New privacy pop-up on 10:07 - May 1 with 4410 viewsGavTWTD

New privacy pop-up on 09:10 - May 1 by Vaughan8

AM I being thick but that page just lists the cookies. Doesn't actually tell me what to do (presumably delete them?).

As I said, I'm probably being thick but how to I delete individual cookies (I know how to "clear all cookies" in the browser).

You're quite right, it doens't explain what is happening, so I've created a new page. https://www.twtd.co.uk/page/clearcookies

This page only clears your cookies for our site.

New privacy pop-up on 10:10 - May 1 with 4405 viewsGavTWTD

New privacy pop-up on 09:46 - May 1 by Snitch67

I seem to have fixed the problem on my iPad since removing the website data specific to TWTD. No more pop-ups since.

Settings/Safari/advanced/website Data

Clicked on edit at the top right of the screen and clicked on the minus sign against TWTD (Used the search bar at the top of the screen to find TWTD)

When I went back into TWTD on the browser the privacy pop-up appeared once but after being accepted it has not appeared since.

Great. That's the manual way to clear cookies. I'm glad it worked.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024