Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dele Alli 22:00 - Apr 30 with 8817 viewsHerbivore

Is he actually a little bit crap? I'm struggling to think of too many stellar performances from him and tonight he was pony, his first touch is terrible at times. Compared to some of the Ajax lads he looked like a clogger.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Dele Alli on 22:17 - Apr 30 with 4978 viewsSuperblue95

I used to think he was the real deal a couple of seasons back any time I watched a Spurs match.

Any time I’ve seen him this season I’ve thought he looked garbage though. Generally looks poor for England too

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Dele Alli on 22:19 - Apr 30 with 4979 viewsMrTown

Depends what you mean surely. Crap we’ll obviously. Crap in relation to his counterparts in the semi-final of the CL. Absolutely.

He’s obviously not a crap footballer, but he’s just not on the ability level of the like of De Jong, Ziyech, Coutinho, Eriksen, Artur, Firmino, Mane etc.

Just an ok top 8 footballer imo. Does good things, does bad things, occasionally outstanding things, never consistently outstanding things.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Dele Alli on 22:27 - Apr 30 with 4941 viewsYallop

He's too lightweight
Dele Alli on 22:30 - Apr 30 with 4927 viewsReuser_is_God

Dele Alli on 22:19 - Apr 30 by MrTown

Depends what you mean surely. Crap we’ll obviously. Crap in relation to his counterparts in the semi-final of the CL. Absolutely.

He’s obviously not a crap footballer, but he’s just not on the ability level of the like of De Jong, Ziyech, Coutinho, Eriksen, Artur, Firmino, Mane etc.

Just an ok top 8 footballer imo. Does good things, does bad things, occasionally outstanding things, never consistently outstanding things.

This.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Dele Alli on 23:00 - Apr 30 with 4882 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

42 goals in 128 games for spurs- 18 in one season
29 assists

He is only 23.

Not crap by any means, but obviously looks better with Kane and Son as most players would. Especially being a CAM he doesn't have a lot to work with without them

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Dele Alli on 23:11 - Apr 30 with 4856 viewsHerbivore

Dele Alli on 23:00 - Apr 30 by TRUE_BLUE123

29 assists

He is only 23.

Not crap by any means, but obviously looks better with Kane and Son as most players would. Especially being a CAM he doesn't have a lot to work with without them

Only 14 goals across the last 2 seasons though which for an attacking player in a top 4 side is a poor return. I think he's definitely plateaued and when I say crap I mean in relation to players playing at that elite level. For me he just doesn't look close to world class and he's not improving.

Dele Alli on 02:36 - May 1 with 4753 viewsMrTown

Dele Alli on 23:00 - Apr 30 by TRUE_BLUE123

29 assists

He is only 23.

I don’t think (hope) the OP means he’s overall a crap footballer and means it more in a relative context.

Put him against his comparable players from teams such as: City, Liverpool, Ajax, Barca, Juve, Madrid, Bayern, PSG etc, he’s just not on that ability level yet.

His contributions have been poor this year in the league (5 goals & 3 assists). By no means a crap footballer, just not at the elite level yet, but only 23 and probably has another 3 years before he reaches his prime.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Dele Alli on 07:13 - May 1 with 4619 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Dele Alli on 23:11 - Apr 30 by Herbivore

Only 14 goals across the last 2 seasons though which for an attacking player in a top 4 side is a poor return. I think he's definitely plateaued and when I say crap I mean in relation to players playing at that elite level. For me he just doesn't look close to world class and he's not improving.

Indeed, he has not really pushed on from 2 seasons back.

However, he has a lot on his mind at present. There are rumours that his mansion was being reallocated to some peasants & his new abode was to be in Jaywick

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Login to get fewer ads

Dele Alli on 07:20 - May 1 with 4597 viewsTractorCam

He's had a lot of setbacks as well. Don't start sounding like a journalist, he's an important player for England and whilst he hasn't stood out lately compared to previous seasons that doesn't mean he's gone downhill. Hopefully stays injury free next season and then we'll see.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Dele Alli on 07:25 - May 1 with 4583 viewsChurchman

I watched him from quite close up at the England game recently live for the first and probably only time. I think he is a much better player than he looks. Ok the opposition was a bit crap, but his influence on the game was enormous at both ends of the pitch and he never wasted a pass. My only doubt about him is suspect temperament, but even with that he is still only 23.
Dele Alli on 07:49 - May 1 with 4527 viewsHerbivore

Dele Alli on 07:20 - May 1 by TractorCam

He's had a lot of setbacks as well. Don't start sounding like a journalist, he's an important player for England and whilst he hasn't stood out lately compared to previous seasons that doesn't mean he's gone downhill. Hopefully stays injury free next season and then we'll see.

He has gone downhill though.

Dele Alli on 08:30 - May 1 with 4459 viewsGarv

I can't stand watching him.

The odd champagne moment like the volleyed goal at Palace and even last night he pulled off some nice flicks but my word in general open play he's terrible at times. Dithers on the ball, first touch as you say is often poor. Just don't see any real technique.

It's quite impressive to be fair that he has scored so many goals.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Dele Alli on 09:04 - May 1 with 4387 viewsbluefunk

Very harsh. Along with the majority of players who reached the later stages of the World Cup, he’s had a difficult season and last night he was playing in a Spurs team which was short of its attacking threat (no Kane, Son or Lamela) players with whom he has an understanding, and which was playing in a formation not fit for the task (not his fault) and in a style hardly suited to him - he isn’t the player to fight for second balls of a target man.

There is acase to be made for a reappraisal of his role, he hasn’t demonstrated any real defensive ability for example, but “a bit crap” - really??
Dele Alli on 09:20 - May 1 with 4362 viewsrickw

I sort-of agree - I described his performance to a colleague earlier as a youtube highlights player - he does many flicks and tricks mostly they don't come off and he loses the ball unnecessarily however when it does work it looks great.

I think he's in the position Pogba has been in, he's not quite sure what sort of player he is at the moment? He doesn't control possession, create loads, tackle aggressively and now he's not scoring that many either - he needs to figure out what his game is about then impose is on matches.

If you look at stats Alli has got currently less than half the goals and assists he's gotten in any previous season

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Dele Alli on 09:26 - May 1 with 4346 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Perhaps. I think big injuries to Kane and Son having time away haven't helped. They are obviously the reason he has so many assists.

He isn't world class but hardly any players are. World class for me means every single season without fail. Aguero, Messi, Roanldo etc

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Dele Alli on 09:47 - May 1 with 4304 viewsitfcjoe

World Cup burnout, has anyone bar Raheen Sterling who got to later stages of the World Cup had a good season.

His role has changed this season as well - he had been playing basically off Kane as a 10 where is more of an 8 this season so his output has gone down.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dele Alli on 22:34 - May 8 with 3946 viewstextbackup

a hand in 2 goals tonight. clogger

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Dele Alli on 22:39 - May 8 with 3925 viewsReuser_is_God

Dele Alli on 22:34 - May 8 by textbackup

a hand in 2 goals tonight. clogger

Jonathan Douglas II

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Dele Alli on 22:41 - May 8 with 3896 viewslinhdi

Dele Alli on 09:20 - May 1 by rickw

I sort-of agree - I described his performance to a colleague earlier as a youtube highlights player - he does many flicks and tricks mostly they don't come off and he loses the ball unnecessarily however when it does work it looks great.

I think he's in the position Pogba has been in, he's not quite sure what sort of player he is at the moment? He doesn't control possession, create loads, tackle aggressively and now he's not scoring that many either - he needs to figure out what his game is about then impose is on matches.

If you look at stats Alli has got currently less than half the goals and assists he's gotten in any previous season

Dele has been playing a defensive mid role most of this season so of course hasn't had as many goals or assists. Tonight he was world class - that pass for the final goal was sublime.
Dele Alli on 23:23 - May 8 with 3778 viewsrickw

Dele Alli on 22:41 - May 8 by linhdi

Dele has been playing a defensive mid role most of this season so of course hasn't had as many goals or assists. Tonight he was world class - that pass for the final goal was sublime.

He has not been defensive midfield - Winks/Sissoko/Wanyama/Dier have been doing that.

I do agree though he was very good tonight though, as was Rose and Sissoko and Moura was less involved but clinical

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Dele Alli on 23:50 - May 8 with 3717 viewslinhdi

Dele Alli on 23:23 - May 8 by rickw

He has not been defensive midfield - Winks/Sissoko/Wanyama/Dier have been doing that.

I do agree though he was very good tonight though, as was Rose and Sissoko and Moura was less involved but clinical

Winks, Dier and Wanyama have missed much of the season.
Dele Alli on 09:02 - May 9 with 3466 viewspoppiesman

Dele was immense last night all game.
Proved a few doubters wrong that's for sure.
Dele Alli on 09:28 - May 9 with 3433 viewsHerbivore

Dele Alli on 09:02 - May 9 by poppiesman

Dele was immense last night all game.
Proved a few doubters wrong that's for sure.

It's one game. World class players don't just turn up once or twice a season.

Dele Alli on 09:34 - May 9 with 3412 viewsballycastle

Dele Alli on 09:28 - May 9 by Herbivore

It's one game. World class players don't just turn up once or twice a season.

So he is 'not a bit crap' then?

Is it humanly possible to wrong on so many subjects so many times as you continually are?

What an utter div, you have been well and truly uncloaked.
Dele Alli on 09:41 - May 9 with 3395 viewsHerbivore

Dele Alli on 09:34 - May 9 by ballycastle

So he is 'not a bit crap' then?

Is it humanly possible to wrong on so many subjects so many times as you continually are?

What an utter div, you have been well and truly uncloaked.

I'm living rent free in your head, babe.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024