Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The back of the Co-op Stand roof ‘IPSWICH TOWN F.C.’ 18:15 - May 1 with 2685 viewsBlueastheycome

I know it’s the least of our worries now *insert joke about SBR stand roof being dirty*, but does anyone think the text on the co-op stand roof should be‘IPSWICH TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB’ as it’s much more official and professional looking than the abbreviated ‘IPSWICH TOWN F.C.'

It doesn’t keep me up at night but often think this every time it catches my eye.
[Post edited 1 May 2019 21:17]
The back of the Co-op Stand roof ‘IPSWICH TOWN F.C’ on 18:20 - May 1 with 2647 viewsSteve_M

You think Evans is going to pay for an additional ten letters??

Basic maintenance on the rest of the ground is a far bigger priority than that.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The back of the Co-op Stand roof ‘IPSWICH TOWN F.C’ on 18:22 - May 1 with 2632 viewsBlueastheycome

The back of the Co-op Stand roof ‘IPSWICH TOWN F.C’ on 18:20 - May 1 by Steve_M

You think Evans is going to pay for an additional ten letters??

Basic maintenance on the rest of the ground is a far bigger priority than that.

Agreed- but why do it that way in the first place ?
The back of the Co-op Stand roof ‘IPSWICH TOWN F.C’ on 18:29 - May 1 with 2598 viewsPositivelyPortman

I dislike the dated typeface too. God knows how long it’s been like that.
Nothing like this will change for years to come, so we’ll just have to suck it up.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

The back of the Co-op Stand roof ‘IPSWICH TOWN F.C’ on 19:23 - May 1 with 2486 viewsfactual_blue

Why is it not IPSWICH TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB? Ask the Cobbolds.

Why the full stop after the F? Because F.C. is an abbreviation, and that's how they work.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The back of the Co-op Stand roof ‘IPSWICH TOWN F.C’ on 20:13 - May 1 with 2367 viewsjasondozzell

The back of the Co-op Stand roof ‘IPSWICH TOWN F.C’ on 18:29 - May 1 by PositivelyPortman

I dislike the dated typeface too. God knows how long it’s been like that.
Nothing like this will change for years to come, so we’ll just have to suck it up.

I like the lettering. Bit of history. Presumably was like that when Pioneer stand built.

Ground needs a clean and repair, but I really like that it has character and is a proper old stadium. Would hate to be in a new shiny bowl!
The back of the Co-op Stand roof ‘IPSWICH TOWN F.C’ on 20:23 - May 1 with 2345 viewsIllinoisblue

The back of the Co-op Stand roof ‘IPSWICH TOWN F.C’ on 20:13 - May 1 by jasondozzell

I like the lettering. Bit of history. Presumably was like that when Pioneer stand built.

Ground needs a clean and repair, but I really like that it has character and is a proper old stadium. Would hate to be in a new shiny bowl!

I do like that lettering too BUT - and again this is not super important given the state of shambles on the pitch - but, the club really should do a better job with branding and identity. The youth teamsheets use an awful comic sans font, the first team and U23s a different font. The new season would be the perfect time to sort all that stuff and have a uniform look and feel to all communications.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The back of the Co-op Stand roof ‘IPSWICH TOWN F.C’ on 20:38 - May 1 with 2292 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The back of the Co-op Stand roof ‘IPSWICH TOWN F.C’ on 19:23 - May 1 by factual_blue

Why is it not IPSWICH TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB? Ask the Cobbolds.

Why the full stop after the F? Because F.C. is an abbreviation, and that's how they work.

I assumed he meant there is one after the F but not after the C.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The back of the Co-op Stand roof ‘IPSWICH TOWN F.C’ on 20:44 - May 1 with 2274 viewsBLUEBEAT

I like the dated look. I never want them to get rid of the internal wooden panelling either. We can’t have Evans wiping away every memory of the Cobbold family, can we?

Poll: W or W

Login to get fewer ads

The back of the Co-op Stand roof ‘IPSWICH TOWN F.C’ on 20:46 - May 1 with 2268 viewsfactual_blue

The back of the Co-op Stand roof ‘IPSWICH TOWN F.C’ on 20:38 - May 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

I assumed he meant there is one after the F but not after the C.

There should be one, and if there isn't the stand should be pulled down.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The back of the Co-op Stand roof ‘IPSWICH TOWN F.C’ on 20:56 - May 1 with 2240 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The back of the Co-op Stand roof ‘IPSWICH TOWN F.C’ on 20:46 - May 1 by factual_blue

Or could just take down the lettering and go with some fancy modern font saying just ITFC instead.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The back of the Co-op Stand roof ‘IPSWICH TOWN F.C’ on 20:59 - May 1 with 2228 viewsBlueastheycome

The back of the Co-op Stand roof ‘IPSWICH TOWN F.C’ on 20:46 - May 1 by factual_blue

OP amended- it reads F.C. not F.C as I originally stated. My point still stands though!
The back of the Co-op Stand roof ‘IPSWICH TOWN F.C.’ on 07:07 - May 2 with 1947 viewsBloomBlue

That's because Sheepshanks made the club pay for his bid to get the FA Chairman job, and the £250k saved by not adding all those extra letters went on his presentation for the job interview.

Allegedly
The back of the Co-op Stand roof ‘IPSWICH TOWN F.C’ on 07:10 - May 2 with 1933 viewsBlue_Order

The back of the Co-op Stand roof ‘IPSWICH TOWN F.C’ on 20:13 - May 1 by jasondozzell

I’m with you on this, I like it too.
The back of the Co-op Stand roof ‘IPSWICH TOWN F.C.’ on 07:14 - May 2 with 1927 viewsBrightonBlue

Good grief. I assume this isn’t for real. Whoosh.

I’ll file this with the same people getting overexcited about moss on the stand roof or a bit of peeling paint.
The back of the Co-op Stand roof ‘IPSWICH TOWN F.C.’ on 07:50 - May 2 with 1894 viewsSteve_M

The back of the Co-op Stand roof ‘IPSWICH TOWN F.C.’ on 07:14 - May 2 by BrightonBlue

Good grief. I assume this isn’t for real. Whoosh.

I’ll file this with the same people getting overexcited about moss on the stand roof or a bit of peeling paint.

The fact that Evans can't be arsed doing basic maintenance at PR is important, it shows a lack of care for the club and will end up costing far more in the longer-term to replace. That probably says a lot about his views of the longer-term too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024