Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone had the call yet? 10:27 - May 2 with 3947 viewstextbackup

10 fans getting a personal invite to end of season meal

The amount of emails advertising this I half expect to see it on Groupon soon, uptake must be dog sht

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone had the call yet? on 10:36 - May 2 with 3064 viewsitfcjoe

They phoned me yesterday, I presumed they were trying to sell me a ticket and had said I was unavailable so may have missed out!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone had the call yet? on 10:38 - May 2 with 3047 viewsDyland

I didn't even get an invite to one of those Fanzone "events"

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Anyone had the call yet? on 10:52 - May 2 with 2993 viewsPJH

Anyone had the call yet? on 10:38 - May 2 by Dyland

I didn't even get an invite to one of those Fanzone "events"

The ST Fanzone events were not by invitation if they are the one's that you mean.
You had to apply for a ticket on first come first served basis and those that went to the first one(such as me)could not apply for the second one.
Anyone had the call yet? on 11:05 - May 2 with 2975 viewsSWGF

I got an invite this morning

(As long as I parted with £650 + VAT for two people)

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Anyone had the call yet? on 11:11 - May 2 with 2943 viewsPJH

Anyone had the call yet? on 11:05 - May 2 by SWGF

I that what it said, I did not read that far.

I only study the emails that are directly from Marcus to me.
Anyone had the call yet? on 11:17 - May 2 with 2931 viewsDyland

Anyone had the call yet? on 10:52 - May 2 by PJH

The ST Fanzone events were not by invitation if they are the one's that you mean.
You had to apply for a ticket on first come first served basis and those that went to the first one(such as me)could not apply for the second one.

Oh!

Did I miss anything?

Anyone had the call yet? on 11:36 - May 2 with 2872 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Anyone had the call yet? on 11:05 - May 2 by SWGF

Very generous of the club to invite 10 fans on that basis... 🙂

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Anyone had the call yet? on 11:38 - May 2 with 2874 viewsReuser_is_God

I wouldn’t go even if it was free.

It’s just weird virgins who get all giddy because they’re on the same table as a professional footballer.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone had the call yet? on 12:13 - May 2 with 2765 viewstextbackup

Anyone had the call yet? on 11:38 - May 2 by Reuser_is_God

It’s just weird virgins who get all giddy because they’re on the same table as a professional footballer.

I can’t imagine sitting on a table with them, especially this year, I mean what would you even say ‘good season mate?’

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone had the call yet? on 12:17 - May 2 with 2735 viewsPJH

Anyone had the call yet? on 11:17 - May 2 by Dyland

Oh!

Did I miss anything?

The first one was very good just as no doubt the second one was so maybe you missed something.
Anyone had the call yet? on 12:18 - May 2 with 2737 viewsITFC_Forever

The sort of people who get excited at visiting a new ground to tick off.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone had the call yet? on 12:19 - May 2 with 2732 viewsSWGF

And I can't imagine the footballers can think of anything that they'd rather do less.

Sycophants and weirdos.

Kids can worship footballers, should they wish; not grown-ups.

(With the obvious Steve Whitton caveat)

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Anyone had the call yet? on 12:23 - May 2 with 2710 viewsPJH

Anyone had the call yet? on 12:18 - May 2 by ITFC_Forever

The sort of people who get excited at visiting a new ground to tick off.

That is something that I never understand, I go to an away game to see ITFC play not because I have not been there before.
Anyone had the call yet? on 12:23 - May 2 with 2715 viewsDyland

Anyone had the call yet? on 12:17 - May 2 by PJH

The first one was very good just as no doubt the second one was so maybe you missed something.

Hmpf. I need to pay more attention innit.

Anyone had the call yet? on 12:31 - May 2 with 2682 viewsITFC_Forever

Anyone had the call yet? on 12:23 - May 2 by PJH

That is something that I never understand, I go to an away game to see ITFC play not because I have not been there before.

I think it's fair to say there's a fairly decent proportion of football fans (me included) who aspire to complete the 92. Not everyone's thing, I get that, but I guess that's why the chance to tick another one off is appealing.

I'm on 80 now, and depending on who ends up in L1 next season, I will hopefully add another 4/5/6 to the list..... in which case, when I get to within half a dozen, I think I will simply go to games at those grounds on days when we're not playing (International breaks, FA Cup 2nd round onwards etc!) to finish them off.

Most have been watching ITFC, but some have been from watching my bro-in-law when he was playing.

I'd have thought you can't be too far away from completing the 92 with all the years you've been following ITFC?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone had the call yet? on 12:37 - May 2 with 2654 viewsKieran_Knows

Anyone had the call yet? on 12:31 - May 2 by ITFC_Forever

I think it's fair to say there's a fairly decent proportion of football fans (me included) who aspire to complete the 92. Not everyone's thing, I get that, but I guess that's why the chance to tick another one off is appealing.

I'm on 80 now, and depending on who ends up in L1 next season, I will hopefully add another 4/5/6 to the list..... in which case, when I get to within half a dozen, I think I will simply go to games at those grounds on days when we're not playing (International breaks, FA Cup 2nd round onwards etc!) to finish them off.

Most have been watching ITFC, but some have been from watching my bro-in-law when he was playing.

I'd have thought you can't be too far away from completing the 92 with all the years you've been following ITFC?

Good going with 80, I'm at half way with 46 (from the last time I checked anyway).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Anyone had the call yet? on 12:39 - May 2 with 2653 viewsJ2BLUE

Yes.

As a fan who has "embraced the club in its darkest hours" (assume they mean getting a ST in post relegation seasons) they would "be delighted" if I attended.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone had the call yet? on 12:44 - May 2 with 2618 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I’m on that list - on 40-odd currently and definitely enjoy getting to tick a new one off when the opportunity arises. Hilariously one of the reasons I went to the Lincoln FA Cup replay was what I thought was likely to be a one-off chance to tick off a new ground...whoops! 🙈

Getting the chance to go to some different grounds next year is probably the only silver lining I can see to our relegation (and perhaps a promotion chase but I’m not banking on it). But for me that can be filed under making the best of a bad situation rather than an actual positive - given the choice I’d much rather we were looking forward to another visit to the Madejski in the Championship, quite simply!

Anyone had the call yet? on 12:45 - May 2 with 2615 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Anyone had the call yet? on 12:39 - May 2 by J2BLUE

Yes.

As a fan who has "embraced the club in its darkest hours" (assume they mean getting a ST in post relegation seasons) they would "be delighted" if I attended.

Feck me they must be getting desperate 🙂

Anyone had the call yet? on 12:45 - May 2 with 2611 viewsPJH

I do understand the wish to do the 92 but it is not a wish of mine and I am well short of it anyway.

I have just had a count up and of the current grounds I make it 64 that I have seen ITFC play at-so will have several new ones to tick off next season!

On top of that I have seen us at previous grounds of Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham, Bristol Rovers, Shrewsbury and Colchester but not at their current grounds.

Beyond that I saw us at old grounds as well as current grounds of Leicester, Cardiff,Millwall, Coventry, Stoke and Rotherham.

Also went to Reading's old ground but not to see ITFC.

edit-not sure Spurs counts because it is in the same site anyway isn't it?
[Post edited 2 May 2019 12:48]
Anyone had the call yet? on 12:46 - May 2 with 2612 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Anyone had the call yet? on 12:19 - May 2 by SWGF

And I can't imagine the footballers can think of anything that they'd rather do less.

Sycophants and weirdos.

Kids can worship footballers, should they wish; not grown-ups.

(With the obvious Steve Whitton caveat)

Grown ups shouldn't worship footballers ?

Really? Are you including players from their childhood in that?
[Post edited 2 May 2019 12:48]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Anyone had the call yet? on 12:49 - May 2 with 2575 viewsfactual_blue

I had a call from them to tell me I was too old to be asked to go.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone had the call yet? on 12:53 - May 2 with 2544 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone had the call yet? on 12:49 - May 2 by factual_blue

I had a call from them to tell me I was too old to be asked to go.

There is no reason for a discount for over 60s. 65 is perfectly adequate.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone had the call yet? on 12:53 - May 2 with 2546 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone had the call yet? on 12:13 - May 2 by textbackup

I can’t imagine sitting on a table with them, especially this year, I mean what would you even say ‘good season mate?’

I haven't been, but speak to a few who have and think it is just a normal night, with relatively normal people and a decent event - guessing the pricing stops the 'virgins' RiG is talking about

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone had the call yet? on 12:56 - May 2 with 2517 viewsPJH

Anyone had the call yet? on 12:53 - May 2 by J2BLUE

There is no reason for a discount for over 60s. 65 is perfectly adequate.

I was lucky because although I got the discount from age 60 I was 65 by the time that they upped the age limit so I was not affected.
I can understand people that were between 60 and 65 or even just coming up to 60 not being too happy though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024