Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert..preferred way of playing for next season 12:10 - May 3 with 1088 viewsChocorange

It's occurred to me that we may go back to playing out from the back with the centre halfs splitting.

It didn't work earlier and was rightly disposed of.

However the younger teams play that way, and it's been said we want one way of playing through all ages so players can step up easily.
Add to that the rumour mill being underway with getting a new keeper in during the summer and Harry Wright being second choice ( good with his feet and distribution) , and Bart and Gerks not being great playing that way and it would not be surprising.

What does this mean further forward ? Judge central , so to avoid the full back being left exposed? 1 up top, being a player who can hold play up and bring the attacking midfielders in... If so, we need a couple of forwards as only Keane looks to be able to do that and he may or may not be here.

If we were to play a diamond with Judge at the tip, then the full backs need to be strong players to be able to defend well and also get up and down.

We may need 4 or 5 players in.
Lambert..preferred way of playing for next season on 13:07 - May 3 with 1014 viewsBlueBadger

We looked better playing from the back and splitting the centre halves than our subsequent system of 'midfield tippy-tappy for 20 minutes then lose'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lambert..preferred way of playing for next season on 13:10 - May 3 with 1002 viewsITFC_Forever

We need at least 4 or 5 players in at least anyway.

1 x GK (assuming one of Bart or Gerken stays, if not, then 2)
1 x RB
1 x LB
1 x Striker (possibly 2 - Keane & Norwood)

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Lambert..preferred way of playing for next season on 13:15 - May 3 with 983 viewsMrTown

Lambert..preferred way of playing for next season on 13:10 - May 3 by ITFC_Forever

We need at least 4 or 5 players in at least anyway.

1 x GK (assuming one of Bart or Gerken stays, if not, then 2)
1 x RB
1 x LB
1 x Striker (possibly 2 - Keane & Norwood)

Wouldn't touch Keane with a barge pole.

We have to learn from history surely.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Lambert..preferred way of playing for next season on 13:49 - May 3 with 930 viewsskyblue23

Lambert..preferred way of playing for next season on 13:15 - May 3 by MrTown

Wouldn't touch Keane with a barge pole.

We have to learn from history surely.

I really like Keane from what I've seen and realistically won't cost much if anything depending on Hull taking his option. But I do think you're right, not worth taking another punt and hoping he stays fit!

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Lambert..preferred way of playing for next season on 13:56 - May 3 with 910 viewsMrTown

Lambert..preferred way of playing for next season on 13:49 - May 3 by skyblue23

I really like Keane from what I've seen and realistically won't cost much if anything depending on Hull taking his option. But I do think you're right, not worth taking another punt and hoping he stays fit!

No doubt, talented footballer, survived through the United academy, took some nice compliments off Paul Scholes IRC comparing his atrributes to Man Utd.

Just a career blighted with injuries, isn't the first, won't be the last, but nevertheless a shame.

Isn't worth the gamble.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024