Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Retained list out for next season on Monday? 13:40 - May 3 with 6534 viewsKieran_Knows

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 13:48 - May 3 with 4733 viewsMrTown

Would have thought a released statement on players leaving will be announced later in the week.

Press conference just oozed, got no money, will be scraping at the barrel once more, just with even lower pull now in League 1.

Going to be an uninspiring, turgid window, loans and released leaving. 1 or 2 coming in.

If we don't freshen things up next season we are going to fall some way short of top 6 imo. Squad is not good enough at the moment.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 13:51 - May 3 with 4713 viewsWD19

Football is a bit weird really isn't it......

Underling: "Boss, have I got a job with you for next season?"

Boss: "I know the answer to that, but I am not going to tell you for a couple of days. Have a nice weekend."
Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 13:56 - May 3 with 4659 viewsSpruceMoose

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 13:48 - May 3 by MrTown

Would have thought a released statement on players leaving will be announced later in the week.

Press conference just oozed, got no money, will be scraping at the barrel once more, just with even lower pull now in League 1.

Going to be an uninspiring, turgid window, loans and released leaving. 1 or 2 coming in.

If we don't freshen things up next season we are going to fall some way short of top 6 imo. Squad is not good enough at the moment.

Indeed. If you look at League One now, the top eleven teams aren't exactly part time San Marino type clubs. Got some decent names in there.

It won't be the fun romp to promotion that some fans are expecting.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 14:03 - May 3 with 4619 viewshomer_123

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 13:51 - May 3 by WD19

Football is a bit weird really isn't it......

Underling: "Boss, have I got a job with you for next season?"

Boss: "I know the answer to that, but I am not going to tell you for a couple of days. Have a nice weekend."

Aerguably more informative than most of us in work.

I.e. you turn up for work and told you are deemed surplus to reuqirements:

Friday: Underling: "Boss, have I got a job here?"

Friday: Boss: "Yes, absolutely."

Monday: Boss: "You're out of a job."

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 14:11 - May 3 with 4586 viewsMrTown

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 13:56 - May 3 by SpruceMoose

Indeed. If you look at League One now, the top eleven teams aren't exactly part time San Marino type clubs. Got some decent names in there.

It won't be the fun romp to promotion that some fans are expecting.

Indeed. The league is a horrible slog, momentum is so vital, pray we can have a solid, effective pre-season, add goals and shake this losing mentality in the first 5-10 games.

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 14:14 - May 3 with 4570 viewsitfcjoe

It's all a bit weird

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 14:15 - May 3 with 4556 viewsKieran_Knows

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 14:14 - May 3 by itfcjoe

It's all a bit weird

The retained list? Or what Lambert has said?

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 14:19 - May 3 with 4531 viewsITFC_Forever

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 14:14 - May 3 by itfcjoe

It's all a bit weird

Or we're doing exactly as predicted we would with ME in charge.

Relegation means massively reduced budgets and even less money to invest in the squad.
Lambert said the other week it would all be about the Bosman signings (and cited the benefits that can be had).

It's going to be the squad as it is now, less the loanees, those whose contracts aren't renewed and with a couple of free signings and maybe a couple of loans added.

We might scrape the POs, but nothing more.
We're on for a Sheff U (before they went up) / Charlton style medium-term spell in L1.... solid top-half, no serious automatic threat and may / may not threaten the POs.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 14:24 - May 3 with 4473 viewsitfcjoe

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 14:15 - May 3 by Kieran_Knows

The retained list? Or what Lambert has said?

What Lambert has said, this big veil of secrecy when realistically nothing will happen

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 14:32 - May 3 with 4396 viewsPJH

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 14:24 - May 3 by itfcjoe

What Lambert has said, this big veil of secrecy when realistically nothing will happen

I would think that the only real doubts about those out of contract would be about what happens with Gerken and to a lesser extent Ward, Adeyemi and Collins.
Morally I think Ward and Adeyemi could be kept(if they want to be kept) but not sure that we can afford to do that.

Spence, Knudsen, Dawkins, Webber, Smith and McKendry will pretty obviously not be here next season.
Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 14:32 - May 3 with 4400 viewsKieran_Knows

I see, agree with you there. Still waiting to hear on this big plan going forward ....

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 14:41 - May 3 with 4339 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 14:32 - May 3 by Kieran_Knows

I see, agree with you there. Still waiting to hear on this big plan going forward ....

Just add 3 proven goalscorers and we will win league one

Gus Uhlenbeek

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 14:46 - May 3 with 4304 viewsBryanPlug

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 14:41 - May 3 by ShropshireBluenago09

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 14:47 - May 3 with 4301 viewshomer_123

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 14:41 - May 3 by ShropshireBluenago09

This is pretty much how Sheepshanks sold it to Evans in the first instance...

"Just add a player or two and we'll get promoted....."

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 14:49 - May 3 with 4284 viewsBryanPlug

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 14:32 - May 3 by PJH

I would think that the only real doubts about those out of contract would be about what happens with Gerken and to a lesser extent Ward, Adeyemi and Collins.
Morally I think Ward and Adeyemi could be kept(if they want to be kept) but not sure that we can afford to do that.

Spence, Knudsen, Dawkins, Webber, Smith and McKendry will pretty obviously not be here next season.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 14:49 - May 3 with 4276 viewsIllinoisblue

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 14:46 - May 3 by BryanPlug

and a new goalie. Sorted innit.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 14:52 - May 3 with 4250 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 14:46 - May 3 by BryanPlug

indeed... if Huws and Rowe fit, i think we have adequate supply along with Edwards , Nolan and Judge. Another centre back, (tall hard b'stard) would be good.

Gus Uhlenbeek

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 14:53 - May 3 with 4235 viewshomer_123

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 14:49 - May 3 by Illinoisblue

and a new goalie. Sorted innit.

New owner?

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 14:54 - May 3 with 4225 viewsPJH

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 14:49 - May 3 by BryanPlug

Yes, I suppose that you are right but I think Ward could be looked at differently assuming that he would want to stay.
Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 14:54 - May 3 with 4229 viewsIllinoisblue

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 14:53 - May 3 by homer_123

New owner?

new matchday programme cover too; the name on old shirt theme is very dull even if nicely designed.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 15:33 - May 3 with 4063 viewsboysof1981

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 13:48 - May 3 by MrTown

I’d go as far to say we will be battling to avoid another relegation next season. The entire team has been dreadful from day 1 of this season and with Evans spending less than peanuts we haven’t got a hope of fighting for a top 6 place
Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 15:40 - May 3 with 4028 viewsSouperJim

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 15:33 - May 3 by boysof1981

I’d go as far to say we will be battling to avoid another relegation next season. The entire team has been dreadful from day 1 of this season and with Evans spending less than peanuts we haven’t got a hope of fighting for a top 6 place

Complete nonsense. Fleetwood, Oxford and Accrington have finished mid-table in League One this season. We have no divine right to win the league, but saying we'll be in a relegation battle before pre-season has even begun is ridiculous.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 15:43 - May 3 with 4011 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

It’s almost like he was just saying nice things that people wanted to hear

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 16:12 - May 3 with 3925 viewsMrTown

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 15:40 - May 3 by SouperJim

Complete nonsense. Fleetwood, Oxford and Accrington have finished mid-table in League One this season. We have no divine right to win the league, but saying we'll be in a relegation battle before pre-season has even begun is ridiculous.

Oxford are such a strange one, have a squad list that should be competing top 6
Mousinho
James Henry (formerly of Wolves)
Jamie Mackie (formerly of QPR)
Jerome Sinclair (on loan from Watford)
Jordan Graham (on loan from Wolves)
Luke Garbutt (on loan from Everton- England u21)
Samir Carruthers (on loan from Sheff Utd) - really like him as a footballer.

Solid manager in Karl Robinson, yet they’ve struggled back to back seasons now.

It’s a tough old legaue this L1 malarcky, with the reality of investment and transfer dealings this summer cant expect anything other than 9th-12th.

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 16:18 - May 3 with 3901 viewsitfcjoe

Retained list out for next season on Monday? on 16:12 - May 3 by MrTown

Oxford are such a strange one, have a squad list that should be competing top 6
Mousinho
James Henry (formerly of Wolves)
Jamie Mackie (formerly of QPR)
Jerome Sinclair (on loan from Watford)
Jordan Graham (on loan from Wolves)
Luke Garbutt (on loan from Everton- England u21)
Samir Carruthers (on loan from Sheff Utd) - really like him as a footballer.

Solid manager in Karl Robinson, yet they’ve struggled back to back seasons now.

It’s a tough old legaue this L1 malarcky, with the reality of investment and transfer dealings this summer cant expect anything other than 9th-12th.

Oxford's last 12 games have been W8 D3 L1 and 27 points, so it seems to have clicked with them and aren't struggling now.

We'll be top 8-9 next year -there is such a big gap between the best and the rest in L1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024