Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Of those still out of contract, I don't think we'll keep one player on 17:41 - May 3 with 3417 viewsAlexGreen

I think they're all heading out the door; Gerken, Knudsen, Spence, Collins, Dawkins Ward & Adeyemi (although the final two we have to let stay and get fit first so we'll probably have Adeyemi for a while longer).

Shame for Ward who got injured at a bad time this year when Lambert coming in, but fair enough for the rest of them IMHO.

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Of those still out of contract, I don't think we'll keep one player on on 18:23 - May 3 with 3304 viewsIllinoisblue

wouldn't be sorry to see any of that lot go.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Of those still out of contract, I don't think we'll keep one player on on 19:07 - May 3 with 3211 viewssoclopath

Of those still out of contract, I don't think we'll keep one player on on 18:23 - May 3 by Illinoisblue

wouldn't be sorry to see any of that lot go.

They all realise it's no good staying on a sinking ship.
Of those still out of contract, I don't think we'll keep one player on on 19:18 - May 3 with 3190 viewsAlexGreen

Of those still out of contract, I don't think we'll keep one player on on 19:07 - May 3 by soclopath

They all realise it's no good staying on a sinking ship.

Knudsen aside, not one of them will join a club that's a step up on us when they go.

Of those still out of contract, I don't think we'll keep one player on on 19:22 - May 3 with 3173 viewsMrTown

Squad needs a ‘freshen’ up and serve cut.

Never been a massive fan of Ward, but considering we are required for him to rehab there would be no harm in looking at him once more when he is fit.

The rest should move on imo.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Of those still out of contract, I don't think we'll keep one player on on 19:27 - May 3 with 3152 viewsFifeITFC

Of those still out of contract, I don't think we'll keep one player on on 19:18 - May 3 by AlexGreen

Knudsen aside, not one of them will join a club that's a step up on us when they go.

I don't think Knudsen will either. He's not that good.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Of those still out of contract, I don't think we'll keep one player on on 00:25 - May 4 with 2872 viewsJ2BLUE

Of those still out of contract, I don't think we'll keep one player on on 19:18 - May 3 by AlexGreen

Depends what you call a step up. Gerken would likely get a contract in the Championship as a back up keeper.

I'd be surprised and intrigued if we didn't keep Gerken. If Bart is staying then Gerken is a decent number 2 in league one if he'll sign the deal. If Bart is leaving then Gerken could be our #1. Letting both keepers go would be a bold move. I'd support a complete refresh at the GK position but doubt we'll see it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Of those still out of contract, I don't think we'll keep one player on on 08:15 - May 4 with 2631 viewspeterleeblue

Of those still out of contract, I don't think we'll keep one player on on 00:25 - May 4 by J2BLUE

Depends what you call a step up. Gerken would likely get a contract in the Championship as a back up keeper.

I'd be surprised and intrigued if we didn't keep Gerken. If Bart is staying then Gerken is a decent number 2 in league one if he'll sign the deal. If Bart is leaving then Gerken could be our #1. Letting both keepers go would be a bold move. I'd support a complete refresh at the GK position but doubt we'll see it.

Id welcome a complete refresh!!

In every position!!
[Post edited 4 May 2019 8:16]
Of those still out of contract, I don't think we'll keep one player on on 08:35 - May 4 with 2592 viewsWhymarkmariner

I don't know if anyone picked up on what PL said. But as I read it non of the loan players will be signed either. I didn't expect Chalobah, Pennington, Bree or Quaner and now Keane can't keep fit for more than two games so I wouldn't sign him either. I think that leaves the other loan FB who is possibly a maybe.
Login to get fewer ads

Of those still out of contract, I don't think we'll keep one player on on 08:47 - May 4 with 2550 viewspeterleeblue

Of those still out of contract, I don't think we'll keep one player on on 08:35 - May 4 by Whymarkmariner

I don't know if anyone picked up on what PL said. But as I read it non of the loan players will be signed either. I didn't expect Chalobah, Pennington, Bree or Quaner and now Keane can't keep fit for more than two games so I wouldn't sign him either. I think that leaves the other loan FB who is possibly a maybe.

Excellent a complete reboot!
Of those still out of contract, I don't think we'll keep one player on on 09:47 - May 4 with 2479 viewsRadlett_blue

Of those still out of contract, I don't think we'll keep one player on on 19:27 - May 3 by FifeITFC

Good enough to start in a World Cup knock-out game for Denmark.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Of those still out of contract, I don't think we'll keep one player on on 10:25 - May 4 with 2439 viewsBlueBadger

Of those still out of contract, I don't think we'll keep one player on on 19:27 - May 3 by FifeITFC

...but comfortably better than our other LBs.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Of those still out of contract, I don't think we'll keep one player on on 11:39 - May 4 with 2322 viewspointofblue

Of those still out of contract, I don't think we'll keep one player on on 08:35 - May 4 by Whymarkmariner

Callum Elder - I wouldn’t be completely surprised if we did sign him.

So that leaves the squad looking like this’ll:

Goalkeepers: Bialkowski
Defenders: Emmanuel, Donacien, Kenlock, Chambers, Nsiala, Woolfenden
Central Midfielders: Downes, Skuse, Huws, Nolan, Bishop, Nydam, Dozzell, El Mizouni, Judge
Wide Midfielders: Edwards, Rowe, Roberts
Attackers: Harrison, Jackson, Sears, Lankester, Morris, Folami

We’ll need to work on lowering the numbers of central midfielders and attackers before bringing in new players IMO - wouldn’t be surprised to see Huws released and Dozzell possibly sent out on loan. El Mizouni will play more for the under-23s once again. As for the attackers, Morris and Folami might be sent out on loan again if we can bring in an attacker to complement the rest; I still don’t have complete faith in Harrison or Jackson but I think we’ll have to risk both. We do need at least one other left back (Elder?) and a reliable centre back. I imagine Lambert might look to play with a narrow diamond so he may not be too desperate to bring in wide players.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Of those still out of contract, I don't think we'll keep one player on on 12:01 - May 4 with 2279 viewsBlueBadger

Of those still out of contract, I don't think we'll keep one player on on 08:47 - May 4 by peterleeblue

Excellent a complete reboot!

Oh good,we haven't had any of those in the last few years. And they ALWAYS improve things for us.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Of those still out of contract, I don't think we'll keep one player on on 12:35 - May 4 with 2205 viewsJ2BLUE

Of those still out of contract, I don't think we'll keep one player on on 11:39 - May 4 by pointofblue

Callum Elder - I wouldn’t be completely surprised if we did sign him.

So that leaves the squad looking like this’ll:

Defenders: Emmanuel, Donacien, Kenlock, Chambers, Nsiala, Woolfenden
Central Midfielders: Downes, Skuse, Huws, Nolan, Bishop, Nydam, Dozzell, El Mizouni, Judge
Wide Midfielders: Edwards, Rowe, Roberts
Attackers: Harrison, Jackson, Sears, Lankester, Morris, Folami

We’ll need to work on lowering the numbers of central midfielders and attackers before bringing in new players IMO - wouldn’t be surprised to see Huws released and Dozzell possibly sent out on loan. El Mizouni will play more for the under-23s once again. As for the attackers, Morris and Folami might be sent out on loan again if we can bring in an attacker to complement the rest; I still don’t have complete faith in Harrison or Jackson but I think we’ll have to risk both. We do need at least one other left back (Elder?) and a reliable centre back. I imagine Lambert might look to play with a narrow diamond so he may not be too desperate to bring in wide players.

I'd say it's more like this:

Defenders: Emmanuel, Kenlock, Chambers, Nsiala, Woolfenden
Central Midfielders: Downes, Skuse, Huws, Nolan, Bishop, Dozzell, Judge
Wide Midfielders: Edwards, Rowe
Attackers: Harrison, Jackson, Lankester

Sold or Loaned out:
Donacien
Roberts
Nydam

Injured and shouldn't be considered part of the squad until at least January:
Sears

Youth players on the fringes and not considered a part of the core squad:
Morris
Folami
El Mizouni

Not sure about Judge being classed as a CM. Plenty of scope for injuries in that CM as well.

For me, based on that predicted core remaining, that leaves us needing:

GK or Gerken to re-sign
LB
RB
CB (please don't let us do what we've done so often throughout the last decade and go with 3 CBs)
CM - Feel we lack a real experienced player who can take control of the game.
Winger
ST x2

That's 8 players who need to come in. I'm sure Lambert will see things a bit differently and maybe consider 1-2 of the youths as full squad members. Maybe he'll re-sign Gerken and perhaps we'll only get the one ST but i'd say we definitely need 5 strong reinforcements at the minimum. 3 defence, 1 winger, 1 ST is our minimum shopping list IMO.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Of those still out of contract, I don't think we'll keep one player on on 11:41 - May 20 with 1719 viewsAlexGreen

Bump :)

Of those still out of contract, I don't think we'll keep one player on on 11:44 - May 20 with 1698 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024