Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peterborough owner on Twitter 17:59 - May 5 with 4838 viewsMrTown

Stating that Peterborough have signed 2 players from the Championship, 1 from L1 and 1 from a L2 play-off team.

Due to the window not being opened clearly all expiring contracts. Surely SURELY it won't be James Norwood.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Peterborough owner on Twitter on 18:18 - May 5 with 4589 viewsbluefunk

Deals can be done whenever they like, players just can’t appear for their new club until a transfer window opens it need not be expiring contracts,
Peterborough owner on Twitter on 19:30 - May 5 with 4156 viewsMrTown

Peterborough owner on Twitter on 18:18 - May 5 by bluefunk

Deals can be done whenever they like, players just can’t appear for their new club until a transfer window opens it need not be expiring contracts,

Regardless, they’re probably going to snatch Norwood off us, would be the most Ipswich thing.

Peterborough owner on Twitter on 19:32 - May 5 with 4126 viewsMullet

Peterborough owner on Twitter on 19:30 - May 5 by MrTown

Regardless, they’re probably going to snatch Norwood off us, would be the most Ipswich thing.

Where is this acceptance that Norwood is “ours” coming from? We might have enquired, we might even have made an offer but given he’s in the same position as someone like Jackson before we signed him it’s weird to get too het up about missing out on anyone today.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Peterborough owner on Twitter on 19:35 - May 5 with 4087 viewsWD19

Peterborough owner on Twitter on 18:18 - May 5 by bluefunk

The best time to publicly ‘do’ deals is when you have just finished 7th and missed out on the playoffs by 1pt.
Peterborough owner on Twitter on 19:36 - May 5 with 4067 viewsMrTown

Peterborough owner on Twitter on 19:32 - May 5 by Mullet

Where is this acceptance that Norwood is “ours” coming from? We might have enquired, we might even have made an offer but given he’s in the same position as someone like Jackson before we signed him it’s weird to get too het up about missing out on anyone today.

Right.

Peterborough owner on Twitter on 19:42 - May 5 with 3998 viewstractaboy

I watched Norwood yesterday at Tranmere's game at Crawley. Wasn't the best game to judge him on, as Tranmere offered him nothing, and he had to keep coming deep to pick the ball up.

Having said that, he was always looking for a through ball to run onto, and looked sharp when he was played in. Took his penalty kick well and looked composed and confident. His movement off the ball was good too. The rest of the team didn't offer him much to go forward with. He was the last Tranmere player off the pitch after being with their fans, whether that's anything to read in to.

Was tempted to ask him if he's signing for us when he took a throw in in front of me......
Peterborough owner on Twitter on 19:44 - May 5 with 3955 viewsstrikalite

I remember Peterborough being gutted that we got Jackson ahead of them...

Jackson imo will do well in League One, hopefully we'll find out..
Peterborough owner on Twitter on 19:50 - May 5 with 3867 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Not like him to be an attention-seeking gobsh*te

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Peterborough owner on Twitter on 20:03 - May 5 with 3704 viewsJ2BLUE

First of all the league two part is classless when the play offs haven't even started yet.

Secondly it's not Norwood. How do I know? Logic. If you are Norwood, would you sign a deal with Peterborough now? The biggest contract of your life and the first real chance in your career to make some big money. Chances are he is going to have many options so why sign for anyone now? I'm sure his agent has been contacted by many clubs and he doesn't even know what league Tranmere are going to be in next season.

No one should be banking on Norwood. He might well end up a league higher than us. Why wouldn't a big money Championship side take a punt on him?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Peterborough owner on Twitter on 20:27 - May 5 with 3504 views66notout

Peterborough owner on Twitter on 20:03 - May 5 by J2BLUE

First of all the league two part is classless when the play offs haven't even started yet.

Secondly it's not Norwood. How do I know? Logic. If you are Norwood, would you sign a deal with Peterborough now? The biggest contract of your life and the first real chance in your career to make some big money. Chances are he is going to have many options so why sign for anyone now? I'm sure his agent has been contacted by many clubs and he doesn't even know what league Tranmere are going to be in next season.

No one should be banking on Norwood. He might well end up a league higher than us. Why wouldn't a big money Championship side take a punt on him?

It could be one or more from Colchester - Frankie Kent, a very promising young defender once with Arsenal; versatile Kane Vincent-Young, who was with us pre-season; Sammie Szmodics, plays off the main striker and the U’s top scorer this season; or Courtney Senior, speedy and tricky winger and a product of Brentford’s youth policy, which was later scrapped.
They are all likely to move on and don’t be surprised if Lambert makes a move.
Peterborough owner on Twitter on 20:28 - May 5 with 3494 viewsm14_blue

Peterborough owner on Twitter on 20:27 - May 5 by 66notout

It could be one or more from Colchester - Frankie Kent, a very promising young defender once with Arsenal; versatile Kane Vincent-Young, who was with us pre-season; Sammie Szmodics, plays off the main striker and the U’s top scorer this season; or Courtney Senior, speedy and tricky winger and a product of Brentford’s youth policy, which was later scrapped.
They are all likely to move on and don’t be surprised if Lambert makes a move.

They do have some useful players but they’re not in the play offs are they?
Peterborough owner on Twitter on 20:34 - May 5 with 3436 viewsITFC_Forever

EADT journo.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Peterborough owner on Twitter on 20:46 - May 5 with 3280 viewsDeano69

We may or may not have signed Lionel Messi & Christiano Ronaldo. (We haven’t)

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Peterborough owner on Twitter on 21:27 - May 5 with 2902 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It is also just like the Peterboro owner to mouth off about signing players before the deals are done.

I wouldn't worry about it at all. Wait and see what the summer throws up and let Lambert worry about getting the targets he wants.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Peterborough owner on Twitter on 21:39 - May 5 with 2822 viewsGunnsAirkick

Doesn't look like it is Norwood.

Peterborough owner on Twitter on 21:59 - May 5 with 2706 viewsbradforblues

I'd like us to sign Madison from them, I think he's quality, lovely left foot and would offer something extra for us on that left midfield.

you are my ipswich !!

Peterborough owner on Twitter on 22:24 - May 5 with 2613 viewsstrikalite

Peterborough owner on Twitter on 21:59 - May 5 by bradforblues

I'd like us to sign Madison from them, I think he's quality, lovely left foot and would offer something extra for us on that left midfield.

Wand of a left foot yes, on his day he's a match winner, but his antics of going down too easily still lets him down, fiery temper at times too when things aren't going his way..

There is still a reason why nobody in the Championship has taken a punt on him yet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024