Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
monday decision time 19:05 - May 5 with 2437 viewspositivity

will lambert try to keep any of the loanees/short termers?

for me

elder-no
bree-unlikely, too much money
quaner-no
keane-like him, but not worth the risk
chalobah-too good for league one
collins-not as a player

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

monday decision time on 19:42 - May 5 with 2323 viewsGuthrum

With Quaner, I think it depends on how much Huddersfield think they need him. After all, they will have parachute payments next season to potentially buy/retain someone better.

For us, a battering ram like that (he can also hold onto the ball, find a pass and averaged one in four scoring rate) could be quite useful in League One, if the money isn't too much.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

monday decision time on 19:46 - May 5 with 2313 viewspositivity

monday decision time on 19:42 - May 5 by Guthrum

With Quaner, I think it depends on how much Huddersfield think they need him. After all, they will have parachute payments next season to potentially buy/retain someone better.

For us, a battering ram like that (he can also hold onto the ball, find a pass and averaged one in four scoring rate) could be quite useful in League One, if the money isn't too much.

talked to a huddersfield fan today, they don't want him back, way too inconsistent.

even if we wanted him, his wages would be way too high for us, think we can get better value elsewehere. i think you're right that he's the type of player that our other strikers can play off, but don't think he's the one

monday decision time on 19:48 - May 5 with 2290 viewsRegencyBlue

Isn’t he supposed to be on megabucks at Huddersfield?

Can’t imagine he will want to drop down to our wage level.
monday decision time on 19:51 - May 5 with 2270 viewsFtnfwest

All way too expensive
monday decision time on 19:52 - May 5 with 2262 viewsGuthrum

monday decision time on 19:46 - May 5 by positivity

talked to a huddersfield fan today, they don't want him back, way too inconsistent.

even if we wanted him, his wages would be way too high for us, think we can get better value elsewehere. i think you're right that he's the type of player that our other strikers can play off, but don't think he's the one

Depends. Would he rather play, or sit in the reserves?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

monday decision time on 20:55 - May 5 with 2096 viewspositivity

monday decision time on 19:52 - May 5 by Guthrum

Depends. Would he rather play, or sit in the reserves?

i would guess he'd back himself to get more game time at championship level and that he wouldn't rip up 20k a week there to get 5 or so k here...

monday decision time on 21:12 - May 5 with 1983 viewsxrayspecs

Bree and Elder are possibles, if they are prepared to drop down the leagues and fit the pay structure. I am not convinced that either will make it at their parent clubs, the key question is whether they want regular game time with us to kick start their careers. We will be a big club in L1 and as today showed, if things are going well the fans will back the club.

Chalobah is destined for much bigger things than we can offer. I like him a lot and would expect to see him in the Prem in the next couple of seasons. A terrific player and loanee.

Quaner and Keane - not prolific enough and likely to be way beyond what we can afford.

Collins. If he was prepared to fit into our wage structure and got fit/injury free, then yes.
monday decision time on 21:29 - May 5 with 1896 viewsSomethingBlue

I'm in a minority (it seems) that would absolutely get Quaner back but I guess it would have to be on a fairly expensive season loan and, even then, unlikely.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

monday decision time on 21:36 - May 5 with 1858 viewsGarv

monday decision time on 21:29 - May 5 by SomethingBlue

I'm in a minority (it seems) that would absolutely get Quaner back but I guess it would have to be on a fairly expensive season loan and, even then, unlikely.

I would absolutely have Quaner back here as well. If it was realistic money wise I think we'd be silly not to. As it is is probably isn't.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

monday decision time on 21:41 - May 5 with 1839 viewsjas0999

Quaner is on £30K a week. He won’t be signing for us - thankfully. He has been okay recently, but overall his loan has not been a success considering the likely outlay in terms of wages.
monday decision time on 21:53 - May 5 with 1781 viewsFixed_It

monday decision time on 21:36 - May 5 by Garv

I would absolutely have Quaner back here as well. If it was realistic money wise I think we'd be silly not to. As it is is probably isn't.

I'm really not convinced. Has shown glimpses of quality, but his overall play has been a bit meh at best. ⁸

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

monday decision time on 21:58 - May 5 with 1755 viewsGarv

monday decision time on 21:53 - May 5 by Fixed_It

I'm really not convinced. Has shown glimpses of quality, but his overall play has been a bit meh at best. ⁸

It's taken him a long time to get any good form going, I'll say that. But when he's had service, like at Bolton, and when he's had midfielders joining attacks, like Nolan against Derby and Dozz today, he's showed what he's got. His old up play is really not bad, though is guilty of the odd heavy touch. He's not lazy, has been a willing runner all game every game.

Just think in League One he'd clean up. But surely too expensive anyway.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

monday decision time on 21:58 - May 5 with 1753 viewsRadlett_blue

monday decision time on 21:12 - May 5 by xrayspecs

Bree and Elder are possibles, if they are prepared to drop down the leagues and fit the pay structure. I am not convinced that either will make it at their parent clubs, the key question is whether they want regular game time with us to kick start their careers. We will be a big club in L1 and as today showed, if things are going well the fans will back the club.

Chalobah is destined for much bigger things than we can offer. I like him a lot and would expect to see him in the Prem in the next couple of seasons. A terrific player and loanee.

Quaner and Keane - not prolific enough and likely to be way beyond what we can afford.

Collins. If he was prepared to fit into our wage structure and got fit/injury free, then yes.

Bree is reportedly on £20k a week at Villa until 2021. It's not remotely possible that we can afford him.
We need to cut our wage bill. Let's get a little more realistic as to the players we might sign. They're unlikely to be much better than what we already have.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

monday decision time on 22:08 - May 5 with 1733 viewsxrayspecs

monday decision time on 21:58 - May 5 by Radlett_blue

Bree is reportedly on £20k a week at Villa until 2021. It's not remotely possible that we can afford him.
We need to cut our wage bill. Let's get a little more realistic as to the players we might sign. They're unlikely to be much better than what we already have.

Will refer you to my OP. If they want regular game time and are prepared to fit our wage structure.

Football is ruthless. The deal you are on may be the best you will ever get. £20k is a million a year. Not a normal career. That said you can go from £1m a season to virtually nothing. They may be prepared to accept a contract for £200k per season if they knew they would play regularly and have the chance to move back up the ladder.
monday decision time on 08:13 - May 6 with 1436 viewsChocorange

monday decision time on 21:36 - May 5 by Garv

Quaner has done well for us, especially away from home.
Find it amazing the difference in how Keane and Quaner are rated by our fans, both have had injuries, both took time to get up to speed after not playing , but both put in effort.

Quaner,
Would have scored at Villa , has the defender not handled it on the line , and the ref didn't give a pen.
Won the pen at Wigan that Keane scored ( the fact Keane scored a pen , and loads of fans want him back , but Quaner widely not wanted is odd to me )
2 cracking finishes for our goals from at best half chances at Bolton to win the game.
Set up Nolan a treat against Derby, pulled the players onto him and delivered the pass right on the money.
Put it on a plate for Dozz today.
Took his goal well today .

Spoke to a Huddersfield fan who rates him, they were singing his name at their match yesterday ,
'Who put the ball in the b******s net, Collin, Collin'

If all our forwards had contributed as much as he has in his time here , things would be a whole lot better for us.
Sadly he will be on too much money though and there is no chance of him coming here.
For me , it's a big Thankyou Collin.

For that matter , Bree will also be on too much money too, and Chalobahs next loan will not be to a league 1 club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024