Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flynn Downes 23:30 - May 5 with 5733 viewsitfcpaul

Flatters to decieve

I just don't get him? really hope he kicks on because this season he's been bang average

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Flynn Downes on 23:31 - May 5 with 5717 viewsreusersfreekicks

Yawn....
Flynn Downes on 23:33 - May 5 with 5696 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

File this one so that you can refer to it at the end of next season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Flynn Downes on 23:38 - May 5 with 5651 viewsitfcpaul

Flynn Downes on 23:33 - May 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

File this one so that you can refer to it at the end of next season.

I hope next season he is awesome but this season he hasn't been

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Flynn Downes on 23:39 - May 5 with 5659 viewsJ2BLUE

Jack Lankester by itfcpaul 3 Mar 2019 6:06
Away from the result yesterday...

It was my daughter's 15th Birthday yesterday and the club arranged for her to meet up with Jack Lankester prior to the game as he's her favourite player.

firstly I'd like to thank the club for arranging this on a match day. yes he's not playing but still had to arrange to come in at a time when he's morally doing pre game stuff

secondly just wanted to say what a nice lad he is. yes she was embarrassed and a little shy but he was really nice to her. had a quick football chat with him after about his future and the team and he was seriously a nice lad. let's build the team around players like this.

Teddy Bishop Flynn Downes Luke Woolfenden are the building blocks of this team

Relegation is disastrous for my loved club but it looks like that's what's going to happen. so lets make the best of a bad situation

PL building a team around these kids with a hint of experience and a goalscorer of course

Not a great day but a day she won't forget

'Teddy Bishop Flynn Downes Luke Woolfenden are the building blocks of this team'

Awkward

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Flynn Downes on 23:56 - May 5 with 5566 viewsitfcpaul

Flynn Downes on 23:39 - May 5 by J2BLUE

It was my daughter's 15th Birthday yesterday and the club arranged for her to meet up with Jack Lankester prior to the game as he's her favourite player.

firstly I'd like to thank the club for arranging this on a match day. yes he's not playing but still had to arrange to come in at a time when he's morally doing pre game stuff

secondly just wanted to say what a nice lad he is. yes she was embarrassed and a little shy but he was really nice to her. had a quick football chat with him after about his future and the team and he was seriously a nice lad. let's build the team around players like this.

Relegation is disastrous for my loved club but it looks like that's what's going to happen. so lets make the best of a bad situation

PL building a team around these kids with a hint of experience and a goalscorer of course

'Teddy Bishop Flynn Downes Luke Woolfenden are the building blocks of this team'

Awkward

Why awkward?

They are but not yet good enough

Flynn Downes on 23:59 - May 5 with 5553 viewsJ2BLUE

Flynn Downes on 23:56 - May 5 by itfcpaul

Why awkward?

They are but not yet good enough

Fair point but bit odd to suggest he's a cornerstone of the team when he had flattered to deceive for three quarters of the season in your opinion.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Flynn Downes on 00:07 - May 6 with 5519 viewsNazemariner

I thought he did well today.

Got about the Leeds midfield, retained the ball well, and got his goal.

Seems odd to single him out after one of his better performances.
Flynn Downes on 00:56 - May 6 with 5428 viewsBlueBadger

'Bang average' is a step up on the whole 'piss poor' thing that the rest of the team has been running on all season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Flynn Downes on 08:16 - May 6 with 5198 viewsGuthrum

Most times I've seen him play this season, has looked pretty good, better than average. Not every time, but then he is only just 20 years old.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Flynn Downes on 11:04 - May 6 with 4980 viewsmuccletonjoe

Flynn Downes on 23:38 - May 5 by itfcpaul

So who has ???
Flynn Downes on 11:10 - May 6 with 4954 viewsMrTown

Staggering. Think he has stood up when the rest of the team of really struggled since relegation was confirmed.

Can do a bit of everything, engine, tenacious, technically v sound, needs to settle a permanent role in the midfield i think. Either a holding midfielder or a number 8 (box to box).

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Flynn Downes on 13:12 - May 6 with 4802 viewsGlasgowBlue

Moan moan moan.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Flynn Downes on 13:23 - May 6 with 4776 viewsWickets

And we struggled in midfield after he went off yesterday .
Flynn Downes on 13:30 - May 6 with 4758 viewsTrequartista

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Eh? on 14:03 - May 6 with 4710 viewsDyland

He's fine for us going into L1. He's already more than adequate and will get better imo. Decent player in there, like a slightly more cultured Luke Hyam.

Downes was a close second to Toto for MoM yesterday I thought.

Judge has huffed and puffed a bit recently and I hope the rest does him some good.

Dozzers does the odd sublime thing, but the game is still too often passing him by. It will be a shame if he leaves.

Desperately need to freshen up the defence and obvs a striker or two who can stay fit. Then we'll compete next season, hopefully. I'm a Chambers fan generally but he looks a bit spent and the game is just too fast for him these days.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Flynn Downes on 14:13 - May 6 with 4669 viewsBlueySwede

While I think Downes has maybe not developed as much this season as he did the season before, I think it is a very strange comment after yesterdays game where he was actually one of our best players. I really like and rate him, yes, he needs to be more consistent, but this has been a very special (god awful) season.
on 15:38 - May 6 with 4587 views_

Flynn Downes on 23:39 - May 5 by J2BLUE

Awkward

Flynn Downes on 17:19 - May 6 with 4471 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Flynn Downes on 23:38 - May 5 by itfcpaul

Against all our massively over performing players, you're dead right, he's not looked good.

Christ on a bike....another one taking a pop at the kids.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Flynn Downes on 18:37 - May 6 with 4395 viewslinhdi

Apart from Bart's heroics, Downes would have been my MotM by a mile yesterday. Different class.
Flynn Downes on 19:20 - May 6 with 4318 viewspointofblue

Flynn Downes on 13:23 - May 6 by Wickets

And we struggled in midfield after he went off yesterday .

Yes, we looked relatively comfortable at 2-1 prior to his substitution with nearly every forward move being snuffed out at source - after he went off they over-ran us and our midfield looked a shadow of what it was.

Was Nydam sick yesterday? Have to wonder why he wasn't on the bench ahead of Brown.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Flynn Downes on 20:07 - May 6 with 4282 viewsitfcjoe

Why after a good win do some people need to find negatives to post about?

Even more baffling when Downes was up there with Nsiala as our best player yesterday

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024