Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One video sums up why fans are upbeat... 02:52 - May 6 with 3465 viewsunstableblue

... buying season tickets and feeling positive despite relegation:

We simply did not pass the ball or play football like that last season, period

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

One video sums up why fans are upbeat... on 06:11 - May 6 with 3330 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lovely goal, but it’s genuinely hilarious that you’re STILL trying to compare things positively to last season

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

One video sums up why fans are upbeat... on 07:49 - May 6 with 3160 viewsartsbossbeard

Is this the same last season where we were nowhere near relegation?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

One video sums up why fans are upbeat... on 07:50 - May 6 with 3155 viewsartsbossbeard

One video sums up why fans are upbeat... on 06:11 - May 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Lovely goal, but it’s genuinely hilarious that you’re STILL trying to compare things positively to last season

Should have read your reply before typing mine.

Should have also picked up the OP for the use of that dreadful Americanism 'period'.
[Post edited 6 May 2019 8:18]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

One video sums up why fans are upbeat... on 08:08 - May 6 with 3084 viewsnoggin

One video sums up why fans are upbeat... on 07:49 - May 6 by artsbossbeard

Is this the same last season where we were nowhere near relegation?

Yes, the one where we were all bored senseless.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

One video sums up why fans are upbeat... on 08:09 - May 6 with 3071 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

One video sums up why fans are upbeat... on 08:08 - May 6 by noggin

Thank god we got to see us score less goals and concede more this time around then

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

One video sums up why fans are upbeat... on 08:09 - May 6 with 3073 viewsartsbossbeard

One video sums up why fans are upbeat... on 08:08 - May 6 by noggin

I'd gladly swap another season in the championship for our current plight. Wouldn't you?

One video sums up why fans are upbeat... on 08:11 - May 6 with 3052 viewsnoggin

One video sums up why fans are upbeat... on 08:09 - May 6 by artsbossbeard

I'd gladly swap another season in the championship for our current plight. Wouldn't you?

I'm enjoying being a Town fan far more now than I was last season.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

One video sums up why fans are upbeat... on 08:13 - May 6 with 3028 viewsartsbossbeard

One video sums up why fans are upbeat... on 08:11 - May 6 by noggin

Have you thought about a career in politics?

Login to get fewer ads

One video sums up why fans are upbeat... on 09:34 - May 6 with 2754 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

One video sums up why fans are upbeat... on 08:11 - May 6 by noggin

Me too, but you're not allowed to say that ;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

One video sums up why fans are upbeat... on 09:37 - May 6 with 2740 viewsLankHenners

We haven’t really played like that this season either.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

One video sums up why fans are upbeat... on 09:42 - May 6 with 2691 viewsjudespiveyg

I don't really see why people try and compare this season and last season, they were both dreadful. This season for the losing most weeks and last season for the football that made me resent the gift of sight.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

One video sums up why fans are upbeat... on 10:18 - May 6 with 2575 viewsBlueBadger

Or for practically all of this season either.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

One video sums up why fans are upbeat... on 10:35 - May 6 with 2522 viewsDarth_Koont

One video sums up why fans are upbeat... on 09:37 - May 6 by LankHenners

We haven’t really played like that this season either.

Indeed. Passing with pace and purpose has been almost entirely missing from our play this season. I have nothing against the small triangles and we've tried to retain more possession this year which is good. But invariably we run out of steam and ideas and are shepherded out to the flanks.

Ironically it was Dozzell the beneficiary yesterday but he's been the best at raising the tempo of our attacks when he's got on the ball.

Pronouns: He/Him

One video sums up why fans are upbeat... on 18:43 - May 6 with 2100 viewsTractorgirlforever

It gives us hope for next season, great talent there, just not performed and tbh been really unlucky this season. Roll on next season and the following few seasons as i think we will just keep getting better now. 2023 premier league champions!
One video sums up why fans are upbeat... on 19:25 - May 6 with 1980 viewspointofblue

One video sums up why fans are upbeat... on 10:35 - May 6 by Darth_Koont

Indeed. Passing with pace and purpose has been almost entirely missing from our play this season. I have nothing against the small triangles and we've tried to retain more possession this year which is good. But invariably we run out of steam and ideas and are shepherded out to the flanks.

Ironically it was Dozzell the beneficiary yesterday but he's been the best at raising the tempo of our attacks when he's got on the ball.

For me, we have been trying to put together passages of play akin to the second goal yesterday since Lambert took over but without success - mainly because our players were simply not good enough to execute the kind of pass and move that Lambert wanted. This begs the question of whether Lambert adapted tactically and makes me wonder if Evans made it clear that style of play was more important than survival this season due to the resentment which lingered over the place about Mick's approach.

I'm another who has perversely enjoyed going to football more this season than last despite the results; I think it's mainly because of the oddly feelgood factor from the stands, rather than the tension and bile of the past couple of seasons.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024