Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sat outside the bosses office in a line. 11:25 - May 6 with 5184 viewshampstead_blue

Do you think they are all sat on chairs in the corridor waiting their turn?

I'll plump for playing ping pong in the canteen at Playford Road waiting.

Most know in their hearts.....some are worried......some are not worthy........some are optimistic.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 11:35 - May 6 with 4661 viewsmjw_1983

Thought that was the que for early bird ST
Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 11:39 - May 6 with 4649 viewsclive_baker

There’s perhaps only 1 or 2 that are up in the air I would think. Ward is one where I wouldn’t be overly surprised with either outcome. These will all move on surely:

Spence
Adeyemi
Knudsen
Collins
Dawkins
Gerken

I would expect a couple of contracted players to move on too, depending on how much interest there might be. Bart is an obvious one given his reported salary and one of Harrison or Jackson wouldn’t surprise me. Roberts & Donacien if we can find anyone interested in them? Rowe maybe, although I would like to see him given a chance here.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 11:46 - May 6 with 4609 viewsJ2BLUE

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 11:39 - May 6 by clive_baker

There’s perhaps only 1 or 2 that are up in the air I would think. Ward is one where I wouldn’t be overly surprised with either outcome. These will all move on surely:

Spence
Adeyemi
Knudsen
Collins
Dawkins
Gerken

I would expect a couple of contracted players to move on too, depending on how much interest there might be. Bart is an obvious one given his reported salary and one of Harrison or Jackson wouldn’t surprise me. Roberts & Donacien if we can find anyone interested in them? Rowe maybe, although I would like to see him given a chance here.

Gerken will likely get an offer IMO. If Bart is staying then Gerken is about the best #2 we can get. If Bart is off then Gerken might well be our #1. I wouldn't be surprised to see some fans lose their minds when he signs for a Championship club as a back up.

I'd like to keep Roberts. He must be dirt cheap and offers a different option.

Adeyemi is talented. If he can stay fit away from Town, he might be another one who goes on to do very well at this level.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 11:52 - May 6 with 4571 viewsclive_baker

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 11:46 - May 6 by J2BLUE

Gerken will likely get an offer IMO. If Bart is staying then Gerken is about the best #2 we can get. If Bart is off then Gerken might well be our #1. I wouldn't be surprised to see some fans lose their minds when he signs for a Championship club as a back up.

Adeyemi is talented. If he can stay fit away from Town, he might be another one who goes on to do very well at this level.

I think Gerken is on too much money to sit on the bench. He’s either #1 or he goes IMO.

Roberts is dire, there’s no place for him here at all.

I don’t know where Adeyemi is with his injury, I do think he’s a good player but when the budget is tight we can’t really afford to carry him if he has another season like the last one.

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 12:00 - May 6 with 4531 viewsJ2BLUE

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 11:52 - May 6 by clive_baker

I think Gerken is on too much money to sit on the bench. He’s either #1 or he goes IMO.

I don’t know where Adeyemi is with his injury, I do think he’s a good player but when the budget is tight we can’t really afford to carry him if he has another season like the last one.

Yea that's part of the reason I think Gerken might leave. Almost certain to be reduced terms if he gets an offer.

Truly impaired.

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 12:09 - May 6 with 4483 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Do people really believe there’s players we’re still deciding whether to give contracts to?

Chambers, Kenlock and Emmanuel have all already signed contracts - seems pretty clear that those we intend to keep will already have been offered something long before now. Anyone that’s not been offered anything yet (with the exception of Adeyemi who we will have more time to make a decision on given his injuries) will clearly be off - and if there really are conversations happening today it’ll just be confirming what those players basically know anyway

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 12:12 - May 6 with 4466 viewsJ2BLUE

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 12:09 - May 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Do people really believe there’s players we’re still deciding whether to give contracts to?

Chambers, Kenlock and Emmanuel have all already signed contracts - seems pretty clear that those we intend to keep will already have been offered something long before now. Anyone that’s not been offered anything yet (with the exception of Adeyemi who we will have more time to make a decision on given his injuries) will clearly be off - and if there really are conversations happening today it’ll just be confirming what those players basically know anyway

You make a good point but I would point out they have only tied down the captain and two young full backs who were probably eager to sign longer deals.

Gerken is a bit different and probably a harder deal to do. You may well be right but it still wouldn't surprise me to see him offered something. Or at least for PL to come out and say we wanted to do something but he had other plans. I don't think there's much logic in letting him walk away without an offer.

Truly impaired.

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 12:14 - May 6 with 4459 viewsclive_baker

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 12:09 - May 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It’s not as black and white as all being cleared up today I wouldn’t think. Take Gerken for example, it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s offered reduced terms but given the opportunity to go away and see what else might be on the table before committing.

Login to get fewer ads

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 12:16 - May 6 with 4443 viewsjampow

I think there could be a surprise contract given to Adeyami, apart from that I can't see many surprises.

Gerken signing would signal Bart is off and no contract would signal Bart staying in my opinion, clear that Harry Wright is being prepared to be number two next season with one of those keepers as number one.
[Post edited 6 May 2019 12:16]
Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 12:35 - May 6 with 4332 viewsIllinoisblue

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 12:16 - May 6 by jampow

I think there could be a surprise contract given to Adeyami, apart from that I can't see many surprises.

Gerken signing would signal Bart is off and no contract would signal Bart staying in my opinion, clear that Harry Wright is being prepared to be number two next season with one of those keepers as number one.

Why on earth would Adeyemi get a new contract?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 12:39 - May 6 with 4307 viewsMrTown

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 11:39 - May 6 by clive_baker

Spence
Adeyemi
Knudsen
Collins
Dawkins
Gerken

Think Ward and Gerken will be unsure, the rest will be gone imo. Donacien and Rowe possibly squeaky bum time as to whether they have a future here.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 12:43 - May 6 with 4277 viewsMrTown

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 12:35 - May 6 by Illinoisblue

Why on earth would Adeyemi get a new contract?

If Adeyemi received a contract, massive massive questions would fave to be put fourth towards PL, ME and LO. would not set a good benchmark for the summer ahead.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 12:45 - May 6 with 4259 viewsjampow

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 12:43 - May 6 by MrTown

If Adeyemi received a contract, massive massive questions would fave to be put fourth towards PL, ME and LO. would not set a good benchmark for the summer ahead.

I'm not saying I think he should. It just wouldn't surprise me.
Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 12:59 - May 6 with 4209 viewsFixed_It

Probably the nearest in terms of style we've got to Trev. I would hope he's given the chance to join us for pre-season at least - he won't have many other offers out there, and IF he is fit he would be dominant in L1. And if not - he is released.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 13:04 - May 6 with 4175 viewsjas0999

If Gerken starts the season as number one we may as well all give up.

We need a clear out and players like Gerken having been in and around the club for years.its time he moves on.
Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 13:19 - May 6 with 4118 viewsGuthrum

Altho perhaps a little odd to let him go as soon as he's approaching fitness again, after all the time invested.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 13:44 - May 6 with 4029 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 12:14 - May 6 by clive_baker

It’s not as black and white as all being cleared up today I wouldn’t think. Take Gerken for example, it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s offered reduced terms but given the opportunity to go away and see what else might be on the table before committing.

No I agree - was speaking in terms of deals being offered. May well be players we’re still in discussions with or who are considering offers we’ve given to them. But any players that haven’t been offered anything yet will clearly be off, and any conversations today will be confirmation of that if indeed such talks are happening at all

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 13:47 - May 6 with 3997 viewsLord_Lucan

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 12:16 - May 6 by jampow

Definitely, no way we will keep both Bart and Gerken.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 13:48 - May 6 with 3996 viewsParisBlue

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 11:52 - May 6 by clive_baker

Time for Gerken to move on. Too many injuries.

I guess Bart will leave if we receive some sort of acceptable offer. That one isn't in our hands.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 13:58 - May 6 with 3970 viewsBent_double

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 13:19 - May 6 by Guthrum

Altho perhaps a little odd to let him go as soon as he's approaching fitness again, after all the time invested.

Exactly. Imagine how galling it would be if he 'did a Didz', either with a Championship or a L1 club.

I know there's now way of legally enforcing it, but I think that players like Adeyemi and Huws who have been at a club on decent contracts, presumably had all their medical expenses covered by the club as well, should be beholden to the club in some way and sign a contract extension - if the club wants them to.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 14:16 - May 6 with 3878 viewsReusersTown

Adeyemi is a good championship midfielder, and very good by league one standard. We should definitely be trying to keep him on the basis of a heavily skewed pay as you play contract if possible. As you wouldn't expect many clubs would be coveting him with any deal much better than ours due to the injury record. I'd also hope he'd feel some kind of loyalty/responsibility to us after the last two years.
Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 14:27 - May 6 with 3840 viewsIllinoisblue

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 14:16 - May 6 by ReusersTown

Adeyemi is a good championship midfielder, and very good by league one standard. We should definitely be trying to keep him on the basis of a heavily skewed pay as you play contract if possible. As you wouldn't expect many clubs would be coveting him with any deal much better than ours due to the injury record. I'd also hope he'd feel some kind of loyalty/responsibility to us after the last two years.

he's averaged about 15 games a season in his entire career. It's time for someone else to pick up the tab.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 14:38 - May 6 with 3780 viewspositivity

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 14:27 - May 6 by Illinoisblue

he's averaged about 15 games a season in his entire career. It's time for someone else to pick up the tab.

depends what lambert thinks of his attitude and the injury, no doubt hurst would have got rid!

there's no doubt he can be an excellent l1 player if fit, ideally we' give him low wages and a big performance element. he'll undoubtedly be didz mark 2 if he goes!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 14:43 - May 6 with 3750 viewsBlueBadger

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 13:04 - May 6 by jas0999

If Gerken starts the season as number one we may as well all give up.

We need a clear out and players like Gerken having been in and around the club for years.its time he moves on.

Oh good, another clear out anf rebuild. Those have gone well in recent years.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 14:57 - May 6 with 3681 viewsGarv

Sat outside the bosses office in a line. on 14:38 - May 6 by positivity

depends what lambert thinks of his attitude and the injury, no doubt hurst would have got rid!

there's no doubt he can be an excellent l1 player if fit, ideally we' give him low wages and a big performance element. he'll undoubtedly be didz mark 2 if he goes!

Even when fit Adeyemi didn't add that much.

Cut our losses. 100%.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024